Denon or Onkyo or ???

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
These forums are a valuable resource for those looking for information about consumer electronics. They are also a popular hangout for those who like bashing certain peoples and products. I think a little psychotherapy can be had for the cost of a nice AVR. Just sayin’.:p
Hey AH members, ADTG just texted me, he is busy running on his Treadmill asked me to post up for him. Andrew has 12 120mm lil fans sitting In his closet that he doesn't need anymore. He said he is will to let them go to AH members only at below cost for all you Denon fanboys to help out! Andrew said he had to put them lil fans on all his Denon AVR's to help with the heat issues. He also told me cause I asked if any of his Denon AVR's that he had ever Shut down from overheating. Andrew replied back that all 4 of his Denon AVR's would go into "Protect mode" :p But since he got his Yamaha Advantage :p A3080 he doesn't need them anymore. Just inbox ADTG I'm sure if you ask he more than likely will send them to any AH members for just the shipping price :p for use with the, Denon = runs hot Protect-mode shutdown fan club. lmao:p;)

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Hey AH members, ADTG just texted me, he is busy running on his Treadmill asked me to post up for him. Andrew has 12 120mm lil fans sitting In his closet that he doesn't need anymore. He said he is will to let them go to AH members only at below cost for all you Denon fanboys to help out! Andrew said he had to put them lil fans on all his Denon AVR's to help with the heat issues. He also told me cause I asked if any of his Denon AVR's that he had ever Shut down from overheating. Andrew replied back that all 4 of his Denon AVR's would go into "Protect mode" But since he got his Yamaha Advantage A3080 he doesn't need them anymore. Just inbox ADTG I'm sure if you ask he more than likely will send them to any AH members for just the shipping price for use with the, Denon = runs hot Protect-mode shutdown fan club. lmao:p;)
Well my X2300W never did that, but I also don't listen to reference levels also, mostly 50-60.

That's strange, don't know if he is actually telling the truth.

What speakers is he driving and does he use an amplifier?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well my X2300W never did that, but I also don't listen to reference levels also, mostly 50-60.

Can't really say, I had texted him about if any of his Denon AVR's had shut down from running hot. He Andrew that is text me back that everyone of his Denon AVR's Experienced shut ins from heat issues so he added those lil Droid fans on top of his Denon avr's he doesn't need them anymore cause he went with a Yamaha Advantage a3080. Andrew just a great guy he busy running on his Threadmill asked me to postup he wants to clean out his Closet today he got 12 of them lil Droid fans to help out any AH members with that heat issue on them Denon avr's. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

oh his speakers? I believe Bose speakers? I can't remember Andrew changes up gear all the time! ;) Dude has like umm 15 or was it 25 subs in his HT room. Man some guys have all the luck getting top end gear! Wish I had them high end Bose speakers I can't afford those. :(

Look bro, Andrew and I are just poking fun. Denon AVR's are Good AVR's. Sorry you had a bad Bad experience with the one you had. I believe everyone on AH at one time ir another has had issues with gear. I had 3 AVR's crap out on me in less than 3 years apart. A H/K 3600 and two Onkyo THX-NR818's that's over 2K in AVR's. So yeah I wasn't a happy camper. But with all things being Set equal there was Absolutely No Difference in sound quality between Any of those AVR's. For you to state that Yamaha has better sound Quality over your old Denon and to say everyone on AH doesn't know what they are talking about Is Ludacris. I have two Yamaha AVR's When I got my 7790 I did do a side by side Comparison of the two the other was a Onkyo avr. I set all things Equal no DSP on Tone control off all EQ settings off and ran only two channels L/R mains only No sub I had that off. Absolutely no difference in sound quality between the two.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
oh his speakers? I believe Bose speakers? I can't remember Andrew changes up gear all the time! ;) Dude has like umm 15 or was it 25 subs in his HT room. Man some guys have all the luck getting top end gear! Wish I had them high end Bose speakers I can't afford those. :(

Look bro, Andrew and I are just poking fun. Denon AVR's are Good AVR's. Sorry you had a bad Bad experience with the one you had. I believe everyone on AH at one time ir another has had issues with gear. I had 3 AVR's crap out on me in less than 3 years apart. A H/K 3600 and two Onkyo THX-NR818's that's over 2K in AVR's. So yeah I wasn't a happy camper. But with all things being Set equal there was Absolutely No Difference in sound quality between Any if those AVR's. For you to state that Yamaha has better sound Quality over your old Denon and to say everyone on AH doesn't know what they are talking about Is Ludacris. I have two Yamaha AVR's When I got my 7790 I did do a side by side Comparison of the two the other was a Onkyo avr. I set all things Equal no DPS on Tone control off all EQ settings off and ran only two channels L/R mains only No sub I had that off. Absolutely no difference in sound quality between the two.
When you turn the fans off they sound the same anyways.... LOL :)

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Man, those stands look too good for that price! What's the catch?
I had been looking for a pair of strong, steady stands for a while. These Monoprice stands are heavy duty steel and can really hold the weight. It takes a few minutes to assemble them. I needed a headlight to look down the screw hole and line it up. lol

However, once I finished the assembly, they are the best stands I have. At $60 each they are an absolute bargain compared to anything else I have seen. AND they are as steady as a ROCK. I totally trust them with the 32lb BMR's.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic

Look bro, Andrew and I are just poking fun. Denon AVR's are Good AVR's. Sorry you had a bad Bad experience with the one you had. I believe everyone on AH at one time ir another has had issues with gear. I had 3 AVR's crap out on me in less than 3 years apart. A H/K 3600 and two Onkyo THX-NR818's that's over 2K in AVR's. So yeah I wasn't a happy camper. But with all things being Set equal there was Absolutely No Difference in sound quality between Any of those AVR's. For you to state that Yamaha has better sound Quality over your old Denon and to say everyone on AH doesn't know what they are talking about Is Ludacris. I have two Yamaha AVR's When I got my 7790 I did do a side by side Comparison of the two the other was a Onkyo avr. I set all things Equal no DPS on Tone control off all EQ settings off and ran only two channels L/R mains only No sub I had that off. Absolutely no difference in sound quality between the two.
Bose cubes? Bose 601s or something..if he has that Bose 601s or so then I can say they will pack quite a lot of punch.
I've heard them in one of the music store long back, & they are sp punchy & tight with good midbass response. Very well tuned speaker.

Everyone has a differing opinion, there's no way every gear spunds the same. Most would do, but definately not all.

Denon may be a good brand for some who who are more into movies and surround sounds, but for critical 2 channel music listening, definately not.

If you're happy with yours good for you, but for me, I'm very much happy with the Yamaha now. I think I will settle for yamaha, and will never look into another Denon. For me, Music is more important. I listen to music more than I watch movies.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Bose cubes? Bose 601s or something..if he has that Bose 601s or so then I can say they will pack quite a lot of punch.
I've heard them in one of the music store long back, & they are sp punchy & tight with good midbass response. Very well tuned speaker.

Everyone has a differing opinion, there's no way every gear spunds the same. Most would do, but definately not all.

Denon may be a good brand for some who who are more into movies and surround sounds, but for critical 2 channel music listening, definately not.

If you're happy with yours good for you, but for me, I'm very much happy with the Yamaha now. I think I will settle for yamaha, and will never look into another Denon. For me, Music is more important. I listen to music more than I watch movies.

Ummm, I have a Yamaha RX-V6A, I never owned a Denon AVR though, but I have done a Comparison of Denons 3600 at a BestBuy store near where I live. BB their Magnolia room had many AVR's setup Denon sounded every bit as good as the Pioneer and Yamaha they had setup. My setup right now is a very modest set up, I'm happy with it didn't cost me much In terms of what I've spent in the past on setups. But no Andrew doesn't have Bose speakers I was joking around lol. :p;) ADTG has highend RBH speakers and he really has a bunch RBH subs. All in good fun bro.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I had been looking for a pair of strong, steady stands for a while. These Monoprice stands are heavy duty steel and can really hold the weight. It takes a few minutes to assemble them. I needed a headlight to look down the screw hole and line it up. lol

However, once I finished the assembly, they are the best stands I have. At $60 each they are an absolute bargain compared to anything else I have seen. AND they are as steady as a ROCK. I totally trust them with the 32lb BMR's.

I had mine handmade. I had a vision I simply needed to make it come true. They are prefect in my mind, but I'll be honest, only bc I don't have kids or pets and even when my crazy ass gf starts fake-balet in the living room I bite my nails... :D:D

But I love them. Regardless, I never saw better looking stands for the price than the one you're showing.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I had mine handmade. I had a vision I simply needed to make it come true. They are prefect in my mind, but I'll be honest, only bc I don't have kids or pets and even when my crazy ass gf starts fake-balet in the living room I bite my nails... :D:D

But I love them. Regardless, I never saw better looking stands for the price than the one you're showing.
I agree, most of the stands I viewed had a 30lb or less limit. That didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. These steel Monolith stands quote a 100lb weight capacity.

My guess is they could hold your girlfriend while she is dancing! :D

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Subjective opinions are of course biased. Plus I don't see your point in that thread....Archaea is the most experienced in that bunch, let alone the doofus touting Shunyata and other crap.
Without even reading the whole thread, you just passed some random comment out of your ... Concentrate on the #19 post. He is the owner of both brands. #19

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Without even reading the whole thread, you just passed some random comment out of your ... Concentrate on the #18 post. He is the owner of both brands.
I read the whole thread. As post 18 concluded "Opinions are all over the place. Including mine." I'm familiar with both posters and I'll go with Archaea still as far as responses in that thread. Subjective opinion of anyone is just not that interesting let alone conclusive.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Here is unbiased subjective opinions of all the heavy hitters out there: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/denon-vs-yamaha-sound-signature.3172510/#post-60232115
Kid, you should get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Your crusade against Denon reeks of frustration and we're not getting payed to provide therapy. Citing clowns spinning BS yarn about sound signatures is not a way to prove anything nor will it convince anyone who knows even a tiniest bit about the subject.

We read (far too many of) your posts. All they prove is that if you were unhappy with anything about your Denon, that it is almost certainly your fault. Close to a 100% certain.

Even what you’re happy about Yamaha seems to be for all the wrong reasons. It would appear you’re switching an effect on and off thinking that is the end all proof Yamaha is better.

And, of course, Internet is full of wonders. Just think how easy it would be to find another Sachb who says whatever you say about Denon, about Yamaha. The most important thing is; most of us would tell him he is wrong just the same as we tell you.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Kid, you should get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Your crusade against Denon reeks of frustration and we're not getting payed to provide therapy. Citing clowns spinning BS yarn about sound signatures is not a way to prove anything nor will it convince anyone who knows even a tiniest bit about the subject.

We read (far too many of) your posts. All they prove is that if you were unhappy with anything about your Denon, that it is almost certainly your fault. Close to a 100% certain.

Even what you’re happy about Yamaha seems to be for all the wrong reasons. It would appear you’re switching an effect on and off thinking that is the end all proof Yamaha is better.

And, of course, the Internet is full of wonders. Just think how easy it would be to find another Sachb who says whatever you say about Denon, about Yamaha. The most important thing is; most of us would tell him he is wrong just the same as we tell you.
Lol, look who's mad now. I showed you a pic of the internals of both the Denon, & Yamaha after which you never commented. I think deep inside you know that Denon has some flaws, but since you seem to be too attached to your brand you'll try to stand with it.

Calling me names, insulting me won't change the fact that you're an inexperienced user, who never bothered to reply to the post where I put up both the pics of the internals. In fact, only a kid would do that, & you describe yourself in this very post.

Here is a pic of the Denon X4700H & the Yamaha RX-A3080.

Now don't tell me that Denon has better design, both are almost similar models.

Look at that cramped up Denon, and look at the clean looking Yamaha which has an internal bracing, and quite a lot of spacing between for better air circulation.

The one you posted is 110th anniversary product costing a lot more than a yamaha's top line.

So, who's the clown now?

EDIT: You can call me a "Clown," or a "kid" but I don't want others to think how immature you're. Do you get my drift? This is a forum where Adults share their opinion without getting taunts from each other. Not a place for insults.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis