Denon AVR-X8500H World's First 13.2CH AV Receiver

Discussion in 'Amps, AV Pre-Pros & Receivers' started by gene, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:41 PM.

1. gene Audioholics Master Chief Administrator

gene
    Why? Denon receivers has pretty good reliability. For someone that doesn't need massive amounts of power, this offers more than enough and handles 13 speakers in one box. Personally I'd go with the Marantz AV8805 which is a clone of this without the amps, but I can understand folks limited on rack space and/or budget.

BTW, to date this is the best receiver ever made and measured better than most separates of the time:
    http://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/denon-avr-5805

Granted the new 13CH Denon isn't built like this but it just shows you what can be done in an AV receiver if budget or space isn't an issue ;)
    gene,
  2. MR.MAGOO Senior Audioholic

MR.MAGOO
    I didn't see any spec for example; "200 watts per channel, both channels driven.....", that sort of thing.
  3. Jeff Schmidt Audioholic Intern

Jeff Schmidt
    It’s a step in the right direction, but I think a lot of us Atmos junkies were hoping for 15.2 processing at this price point. ☹️
  4. AcuDefTechGuy Seriously, I have no life.

AcuDefTechGuy
    It can be easy to buy into any hype from any manufacturer. Hardly anything is truly future-proof because nobody can see the future.

Good thing I have no desire to upgrade from my AVP-A1HDCI (no desire for ATMOS or 3D or any of those things).

That’s why I think it’s best to just get a mid-level AVR to use as a pre-pro and just buy a new AVR every few years if there is a new feature you want.

For example, buy a $1,000 Denon X3000 Series AVR on sale for $599 brand new. It sounds great as a pre-pro and $599 is so much easier to swallow. :D
  5. gene Audioholics Master Chief Administrator

gene
    The article states all internal amplification 150wpc (2CH driven). Spec field isn't fully populated since this is such a new product and not everything is known yet.
    gene,
    • Informative Informative x 1