Denon AVR-X3600H vs AVR-X3700H or AVR-X4500H?

F

Fafaneboat

Audioholic Intern
Denon/Marantz should let users set what temperature and speed the fan runs at.
Agreed, unless they're involved with Aircom cause everybody is talking about them!!!
I received my T10 today and I'm glad I did but there's a Marantz unit pictured on the package! Just saying ☺

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed, unless they're involved with Aircom cause everybody is talking about them!!!
I received my T10 today and I'm glad I did but there's a Marantz unit pictured on the package! Just saying ☺
Yep, that's the one I was going to suggest if you are concerned about the look a lot, just couldn't reminder the brand/model. I hope it is quiet enough for you.

F

Fafaneboat

Audioholic Intern
Yep, that's the one I was going to suggest if you are concerned about the look a lot, just couldn't reminder the brand/model. I hope it is quiet enough for you.
It works fine (Aircom T10 is set on auto mode), it can get loud but when it is, the sound is too, so no issue there and the unit is in a cabinet with a glass door so noise is muffled down. Inside temp is not warm since an intake/exhaust computer fans combo is renewing the air in this small space. I do like being able to monitor temps on the little display.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
It works fine (Aircom T10 is set on auto mode), it can get loud but when it is, the sound is too, so no issue there and the unit is in a cabinet with a glass door so noise is muffled down. Inside temp is not warm since an intake/exhaust computer fans combo is renewing the air in this small space. I do like being able to monitor temps on the little display.
Why did you go with t10? The up firing fans are better. Plus, you said it’s in a cabinet, right? So you shouldn’t hear anything, which is why I said it shouldn’t matter what it looks like. My unit is on AV stand and fully visible. But I prefer that way cause I want good ventilation.

F

Fafaneboat

Audioholic Intern
Why did you go with t10? The up firing fans are better. Plus, you said it’s in a cabinet, right? So you shouldn’t hear anything, which is why I said it shouldn’t matter what it looks like. My unit is on AV stand and fully visible. But I prefer that way cause I want good ventilation.
The front firing fan was more appropriate since the back of my cabinet is closed and the front door with a glass insert is bulged outward. I've an additional set of 120mm fans (one intake, with a filter underneath the receiver and one exhaust in the upper part of the cabinet toward the back) to renew the air inside so with this arrangement, I felt it was the best way to go. Not to mention that I wanted to be able to put another receiver on top of the Denon in case the 3 Fosi small amps I added (outside the cabinet in the back) wouldn't suffice or last for my 12 speakers setup. (6.2.4 with 4 fronts).
As far as noise is concerned, I learned how to use the T10 and actually, the speed you set in the "on" mode will be the same in auto and smart modes. I was on speed 4 wich is audible even with the door closed. I'm still monitoring the temps and now use the smart mode since the fan speed can go lower automatically. I set temp to 80 and alarm to 90, probe's oscillates between 79 and 87 depending on how loud I listen to my system. I believe it's okay this way and there's a spot to store and charge various controllers.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
The front firing fan was more appropriate since the back of my cabinet is closed and the front door with a glass insert is bulged outward. I've an additional set of 120mm fans (one intake, with a filter underneath the receiver and one exhaust in the upper part of the cabinet toward the back) to renew the air inside so with this arrangement, I felt it was the best way to go. Not to mention that I wanted to be able to put another receiver on top of the Denon in case the 3 Fosi small amps I added (outside the cabinet in the back) wouldn't suffice or last for my 12 speakers setup. (6.2.4 with 4 fronts).
As far as noise is concerned, I learned how to use the T10 and actually, the speed you set in the "on" mode will be the same in auto and smart modes. I was on speed 4 wich is audible even with the door closed. I'm still monitoring the temps and now use the smart mode since the fan speed can go lower automatically. I set temp to 80 and alarm to 90, probe's oscillates between 79 and 87 depending on how loud I listen to my system. I believe it's okay this way and there's a spot to store and charge various controllers.
Oh I see what you got going on, if you plan on putting it on top that makes sense. But that cabinet looks mighty full as is.

This is what mine looks like and I know the ac infinity is symmetrical with my unit just didn’t think the 70 extra dollars was worth it.

D8EAAC83-858B-464F-9344-23CF8896581D.jpeg

F

Fafaneboat

Audioholic Intern
Oh I see what you got going on, if you plan on putting it on top that makes sense. But that cabinet looks mighty full as is.

This is what mine looks like and I know the ac infinity is symmetrical with my unit just didn’t think the 70 extra dollars was worth it.

View attachment 44070
I believe it's your amp wich is pictured on the AC infinity package I received, to illustrate how well it matches it. I see your setup is probably way more efficient than the T10 and I'm thinking about trying to seal the space between it and the top of the Denon. I noticed right away that the 3 fans in the T10 are probably sucking more air from the crack between both devices than from inside the receiver.
I used my temp gun and lifted the fan to verify and it was about 6 to 8f more than the reading on the display, especially in the back where the motherboard (or HDMI board?) is.
I believe it's not that bad but I monitor it closely for now and will see.
IMG_27012021_225502_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Cabinet looks like that...

Last edited:
M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
I believe it's your amp wich is pictured on the AC infinity package I received, to illustrate how well it matches it. I see your setup is probably way more efficient than the T10 and I'm thinking about trying to seal the space between it and the top of the Denon. I noticed right away that the 3 fans in the T10 are probably sucking more air from the crack between both devices than from inside the receiver.
I used my temp gun and lifted the fan to verify and it was about 6 to 8f more than the reading on the display, especially in the back where the motherboard (or HDMI board?) is.
I believe it's not that bad but I monitor it closely for now and will see.View attachment 44073
Cabinet looks like that...
Oh yea most definitely, that’s why I was shocked to see the t10 is front air flow. Heat rises so up firing fans are the best. And with that gap it’s going to lower suction, but heat still goes up. Also disliked the fans being dead center the heat sinks are in the front which is directly below my fans

Doesn’t matter as long as you have something.

I am aware, the only thing that came to my mind is it’s 70 dollars more for that, it just comes with auto fan and display. Plus the cosmetics which I don’t care for. The unit I have is half the price and better performance[air flow], it has that fan speed controller for noise factor and it will make less at equal performance due to the extra fan. I always put it on max setting and never had issue, however if I put noctua’s I doubt that would be the case. It’s nice just to have the options and failure of the unit won’t require a second purchase. All of which you got to consider, and if it’s under warranty and fails there’s absolutely no down time like the AC cause you can get a pc fan anywhere

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis