Denon AVR-X3600H vs AVR-X3700H or AVR-X4500H?

C

chriscym

Enthusiast
Warranty sounds good but it may not be the protection you are hoping for. If a receiver has been in use for a year or two there is a high probability of wear on components from the high heat the Denon/Marantz units generate.

My Denon 4500 Height amps died within 9 months of purchase. I paid $86 to send it into to Denon's authorized repair a month ago and they still don't have parts to fix it. Who knows when the repair might be completed?

With the high heat of these units - buying a used unit is high risk and warranty repairs are really slow with high shipping fees.
do you recommend using a laptop flat bottom fan to help remove extra heat?

VMPS-TIII

VMPS-TIII

Senior Audioholic
C

chriscym

Enthusiast
M

MacCali

Audioholic
Warranty sounds good but it may not be the protection you are hoping for. If a receiver has been in use for a year or two there is a high probability of wear on components from the high heat the Denon/Marantz units generate.

My Denon 4500 Height amps died within 9 months of purchase. I paid $86 to send it into to Denon's authorized repair a month ago and they still don't have parts to fix it. Who knows when the repair might be completed?

With the high heat of these units - buying a used unit is high risk and warranty repairs are really slow with high shipping fees.
Oh without a doubt, I plan on getting legit AVR cooler. They got the AC infinity which is nice, I found a cheaper one from a different company for 50 with 4 120’s, just no temp reading. But you can adjust speed of fans and everything.

I know it’s not usual but I got an AC in my “theater” room. Where I got all my set ups, always constantly 70 to 71 degrees. Not that that will help the unit, just saying that it’s kept cool in general cause my PC gets hot and always run it at consistent temps inside to keep it running cool. It doesn’t really like 80 or higher, as it is overclocked.

Right now I’m running only 2 channel on it and it does get hot. I put two PC fans on top to shoot air up and out. But it’s not super efficient. Anything helps

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Actually, the iPad app lets me save as many configurations as I want. And it's far easier than trying to use the USB drive restore feature. The problem is every time you change the "amp assign" configuration Audyssey turns off. It wont go back on until you complete a new Audyssey EQ session or reload an existing Audyssey config file that you previously created for that amp assign setting.

You can do a complete redo of Audyssey for each "amp assign" setting and reload it using the iPad, but that means you have to get out the mic, spend 20 minutes on creating each Audyssey configuration and then save them. That's for each amp assign configuration.

In addition, some configuration cannot be initially created on the iPad until first setup using the remote with the TV. This happens when you need to add channels that are not currently active and iPad cannot see them until after the remote activates them.

Once you start trying all this you see what a hot mess it is. :D
If you pick a setting and stay with it - you don't experience this.
That is the beauty of the usb backup/restore is it saves everything... amp assign, speaker layouts and Audyssey etc. For example I want to experiment with both 7.1.6 (6 atmos) vs 9.1.4 (4 atmos and 2 front wide). Putting each configuration on usb makes it fairly easy to switch between them.

VMPS-TIII

VMPS-TIII

Senior Audioholic
After runnning the 3700 for 2 days, I found that the AVR runs very hot almost I can do a BBQ with it :D Now I am not sure if I should put it under a cabinet, if I do so I definately need a good ventilation system inside the cabinet.

I guess its worth to invest in these https://www.acinfinity.com/receiver-amp-cooling-fans
I bought the Aircom unit. It's a heavy piece of junk that even on low speed can be heard from my seat 11 feet away. I returned it to Amazon. My 2nd try was the AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7, Quiet Dual 120mm USB Fan. It costs a small fraction of what the Aircom costs, runs much quieter in the low position and does a great job cooling the receiver.

The fans come with a USB plug so I bought this USB iPad/iPhone charger for $12.99. It gives me an extra cable for the iPad and a USB charger port I plug into the same power strip as the receiver. I turn off the strip when I'm not using the receiver. When I turn the power strip on the fans and the receiver are ready to run.

This is the best way I found to keep the receiver cool.

Last edited:

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis