Defund the Police ?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The Mayors in the affected cities need to clamp down on this BS soon, or it will spread so far that their cities will die. Even the Mayor of Chicago said it was criminal and she hasn't called it that before this past weekend. The guy who was shot fired first and the mob still went out and destroyed. Effing morons. It's the rioters version of 'shoot first, ask questions later'- start looting before the facts come in or just ignore them. Whatever works.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Chicago used to be my favorite summer town in America, sadly I have no desire to go there now.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What's worse is children are getting mowed down in Chicago it's unbelievable

Defunding the police is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of.

Already in Seattle crime has risen 10%

And protestors just marched into white neighborhoods threatening them to give up there property for them or they will come take it

The really fucked up thing is if this keeps getting pushed there's eventually only one way this will go.

And what these individuals keep seeming to forget is you only make up 15% of the US population and literally your alienating everyone that you had support from

Try to start violence and force white people out of there homes

Stick your hand in that hornets nest and see what happens

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The only outcome that looks possible is down the road the backlash from this will knock the democrats right out of the control of what they will take in November

Police will get beefed up once crime rises and citizens and businesses have had enough

And these individuals will be worse off then where they started from

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Dan, sad but probably true. So many things with regards to BLM have completely run amuck

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, it's a shame how the fucked up racism from the white population has screwed things up. Most just seem to be in denial about the mess they've made, though. We could just get all aryan/nazi like and have a nice totalitarian government to make white racists feel safe again....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I hope no one is believing the BS being published about abolishing the police!
Here is an example:

A friend who was worried sent me that link.
Knowing that City Council meetings are public, I found coverage from the local newspaper (who would get called out real quick by locals if they were publishing falsehoods):

So the City Council is having a meeting which is mainly discussing that they will not be able to meet their proposed target of 50% cuts (redirecting those fund to other public service functions to address community problems such as homelessness and mental health).
(if you want to dig deeper, there are links in the Seattle Times article to the documents actually presented by the council)

Abolishing was never on the books, but the New York Posts say that was the proposal!

I searched for abolishing the police department and did find one case where a city will "abolish" the police department (I forgot where, maybe Chicago or Detroit?); however, reading the actual discussion documents they still have provisions for "peace officers". Their model seems to be that they need to dismantle the current police department hierarchy and have a division of peace officers under the direction of a more community based system which gets the 911 calls and routes them to the proper division.
I think any rational person understands that total elimination of the police is not feasible and I expect City Councils not to be filled by many irrational people (their rational may be more about self serving than serving their community, but they are rational)!

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, it's a shame how the fucked up racism from the white population has screwed things up. Most just seem to be in denial about the mess they've made, though. We could just get all aryan/nazi like and have a nice totalitarian government to make white racists feel safe again....
This is something I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around

Oprah is worth 2 billion

Black celebrities everywhere have the freedom to interject they're politics and opinions on sports and every thing else and that's cool they have freedom of speech

Affirmitave action to help blacks and other minorities with school

We have had a black American president

Soon to be a black woman vice president who may end up being president someday

How is the system a white racist supremacist structure holding blacks down?

Seems like they are crushing it right now and good for them maybe it's they're time they sure went through enough crap for years and years in our country

And lately the only people seeming to come across as racist are the people calling whites racist

Now where I do agree with what your saying is 1 reform in police the statistics clearly show a bias in black men in a lot of even minor infractions it's shocking how high the number is

And 2 some type of help to the communities hit the hardest because Jim Crow and other racist policies clearly gave them a disadvantage to acquiring wealth and equity

Which leads to the damage they're in now father absence lack of education horrible poverty and negative cultures that facilitate gangs criminal activity and violence

America brought this problem on itself with those policies and we need to correct them

I'm not sure how were going to afford it in a pandemic and depression but we can figure something out

But this whole whites are racist supremacist social structure thing

Its just going to backfire in my opinion whether it's true or not

Facts our black citizens make up 15% of the overall population

Keep pushing things too hard and it's just gonna backfire people will get tired of being called that etc and they'll push back

Even the Democrats won't pander to this ideology forever

Because they know it'll screw them over in future elections when majority voters get tired of it

I just think our black americans have a lot of momentum right now

I'd hate to see them lose it for pushing an ideology that's only going to backfire down the road

But I'm not disagreeing with you Lovin

You could be right and I could be wrong it could be structurally racist I'm just having a hard time seeing it

I can see need for police reform and I do think some type of help needs to be done for the structural damage of black americans not being able to have the same chances after slavery was abolished all the way to the 60's
With obviously racist laws that kept them from ammasing inherited and generational wealth

I have no idea though how to assess paying or helping them out for it that's way beyond me and my knowledge

I guess that's why we vote for the right politicians for the job that's what they hopefully do create the right policies to fix things man

Hopefully

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just my rant of the moment let's say.

A few blacks have achieved wealth, sure, but that's more the exception than the rule and largely irrelevant in any case. We're having a backlash of white racism because we had a black president it seems. Now we have an overt racist (well a couple) in the white house fanning the flames.

Whites in this country have a long history of racism/prejudice against others, hell even against others from northern europe like the Irish...mostly borne of ignorance, stupidity and even religion. We've got the genocide thing mostly under control, I suppose I should be thankful for that.

The sooner everyone fucks and breeds until we're one color again, the better. I'm not holding my breath, and will take many generations but I still hope that will be the end result to end most of the nonsense about skin color/origins....couldn't happen too quickly afaic.

We do need police reform obviously. That the conservatives will now just cling to "defunding" is telling. Taking something as simple as a comment about black lives mattering from Colin K kneeling during some smarmy presentation of a national anthem at a professional sporting event (how did that nonsense start anyways? armed forces advertising for recruits?) and everyone losing their poop just shows how shallow our national conscience is. The people losing their poop over these long overdue protests is telling, too. Has there been some property damage? Sure. Is it a good thing? No. It is what it is, good enuf for covid, isn't that good enough for this situation as well? :) Do you live in those cities? Or just like the way drumphy wants to get everyone riled up about cities and people who don't vote for him? Is it really as bad as you guys think or make out? I don't think so. Will each city have some fits and starts making some changes? Sure.

Expecting meaningful change from our political parties would be nice but not holding my breath on that....but I've gotta lean Democratic with the current crop. I'd rather see new blood entirely but don't expect the two party system to move to a three or more party system anytime soon either.

Mostly we're just getting our just desserts....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
:)
Just my rant of the moment let's say.

A few blacks have achieved wealth, sure, but that's more the exception than the rule and largely irrelevant in any case. We're having a backlash of white racism because we had a black president it seems. Now we have an overt racist (well a couple) in the white house fanning the flames.

Whites in this country have a long history of racism/prejudice against others, hell even against others from northern europe like the Irish...mostly borne of ignorance, stupidity and even religion. We've got the genocide thing mostly under control, I suppose I should be thankful for that.

The sooner everyone fucks and breeds until we're one color again, the better. I'm not holding my breath, and will take many generations but I still hope that will be the end result to end most of the nonsense about skin color/origins....couldn't happen too quickly afaic.

We do need police reform obviously. That the conservatives will now just cling to "defunding" is telling. Taking something as simple as a comment about black lives mattering from Colin K kneeling during some smarmy presentation of a national anthem at a professional sporting event (how did that nonsense start anyways? armed forces advertising for recruits?) and everyone losing their poop just shows how shallow our national conscience is. The people losing their poop over these long overdue protests is telling, too. Has there been some property damage? Sure. Is it a good thing? No. It is what it is, good enuf for covid, isn't that good enough for this situation as well? :) Do you live in those cities? Or just like the way drumphy wants to get everyone riled up about cities and people who don't vote for him? Is it really as bad as you guys think or make out? I don't think so. Will each city have some fits and starts making some changes? Sure.

Expecting meaningful change from our political parties would be nice but not holding my breath on that....but I've gotta lean Democratic with the current crop. I'd rather see new blood entirely but don't expect the two party system to move to a three or more party system anytime soon either.

Mostly we're just getting our just desserts....
Some good points there bro

Yeah Trump has Definetly fanned the flames a lot with how he eggs his supporters on.

I'll give Bush this he did a pretty Damn good job trying to keep anti Muslim rhetoric down after 9-11 and he did attempt to keep people together better

If Trump could have had that encouragement to his support it could have kept a lot of stuff from coming to a boil

I'm not sure I can get behind the rioting though protests yeah after Arbery I was thinking man how long are they going to let crap like that pop off without protesting?

But rioting man that was my worry

There is a huge reason King never wanted it

The damage to the protestors own community is not worth it

Riots are like locusts once they swarm they have a kind of energy once it boils over it gets so out of control it's not worth the end result

And once again King was smart about this it ultimately creates a backlash that shifts supporters away from the cause

He was brilliant at making white racists look so stupid he was brilliant at strategy he would intentionally pick towns he knew would meet him with violence he made sure to expose the ignorance of the racist by never stooping to they're reaction

Unfortunately the riots make it look like it's the other way they look worse then what they're protesting against

And the damage from all the research has been bad to cities

Some of those black communities will never recover ever it will be like Detroit all over again

I guess working psych I've always been trained to think less about valuing a specific approach and more about the results

I remember one time our whole team prayed before this huge bipolar man because he said he was Jesus Christ. We looked ridiculous I'd imagine but it worked he calmed down took his meds no problem no physical intervention neccessary. Not textbook that's not what your supposed to do your not supposed to encourage the delusion but the guy needed his meds and it doesn't always go by the books

You have to ask yourself what's the best approach to get this 300 pound man to do what I need him to do to help him. Well if I need to get on my knees and worship him okay once he clears up after being on his meds that's all that matters if that's what it takes that's what it takes. I'll pray for him no problem hello Mr Jesus nice to meet you

My point is you need to not value a specific technique or approach based on if it's what I think is the best but rather if it works

And so I just don't think rioting and some of the techniques being used are going to work

Its my only problem sometimes with democrats. I love there ideologies. But I just don't see them always work

So many democratic cities just have been run into shitholes

To be fair that's due I feel to a huge shift to radical left with even policy makers

A true Democrat I'm very impressed with actually they blend the best of both parties at times the ideology and ideals combined with the practical conservative mindset of how can I make this work? And if not what approach is going to be effective?

To be fair some Republican run cities are shitholes too for the same reason some of There policy makers lean to far right when they could benefit from embracing some ideas of the left once again what's going to work? Not what I think should work

I just feel like crying racist on every thing and damaging property and inciting violence is a approach that's doomed to eventually fail

Its giving them what they want for now but the back blow is going to wipe out any gains they're going to make

Anyway that's my rant Lovin lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cities are shitholes because of white flight to the suburbs? Or corruption? Or just the nature of cities in the long run?

ps Whatchu mean "they" want, or "they" have to gain? Isn't that really "we"?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"The sooner everyone fucks and breeds until we're one color again, the better."

Ah yes, the great homogeneous society. Woke idealism. Yes, comrade.

It looks like Henry Ford had it right after all. You could have a Model T in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Let's see now, all humans look alike, all birds look alike, all fish look alike, all insects look alike, all Baskin-Robbins ice cream looks alike.

You just gotta love Woke diversity. F***k evolution and science.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"The sooner everyone fucks and breeds until we're one color again, the better."

Ah yes, the great homogeneous society. Woke idealism. Yes, comrade.

It looks like Henry Ford had it right after all. You could have a Model T in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Let's see now, all humans look alike, all birds look alike, all fish look alike, all insects look alike, all Baskin-Robbins ice cream looks alike.

You just gotta love Woke diversity. F***k evolution and science.
Nothing to do with "woke" particularly.....just a re-melding of our skin color would be a good thing. It's not very realistic I know....

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"just a re-melding of our skin color would be a good thing"

Why? Don't you like science? Is evolution racist?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Evolution and National Selection are not racist.

But you are though.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Cities are shitholes because of white flight to the suburbs? Or corruption? Or just the nature of cities in the long run?

ps Whatchu mean "they" want, or "they" have to gain? Isn't that really "we"?
Well those are 3 good questions that I'm not sure anyone has a perfect answer to
1) white flight? When is it wrong for some one to want to leave a place for someplace safer or better. That's going to kill some of the cities that pandered to rioting the mayor on New York 4 example is trying to get them back. But the first responsibility of any city is public safety ignore that at your peril because all the businesses and people with money leave. Then what's left to generate income or whose there to pay the taxes? And who can blame them for leaving. It won't be whites just leaving anyone with the means will leave
2 corruption that's a strong possibility
3 maybe not the nature of cities maybe it could be humanity. Maybe if we crowd a lot of people in these areas then problems like this will always cycle it's a good question I'm not sure
4 this is the second time you've tried to take small words I'm using and use them to convey some type of meaning. Once I gave a pass but twice I have to wonder Lovin are you trying to play an entrapment game
Its pretty clear with what I wrote they're was no malice or racism directed towards anyone and it was pretty clear what my words meant and you know that
If you are trying to twist my words then I'm going to have to call you out for terms like white flight what do you mean by that Lovin. Don't you mean human flight? When someone tries to pigeonhole you into they're prejudices the only person that is usually prejudiced is them
I consider us friends or at least friendly Lovin so I mean no disrespect but I'm going to call it the way I see it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Evolution and National Selection are not racist.

But you are though.
The results of geographical evolution (since we all started out from a single source it seems) have just created superficial differences for the most part. National Selection sounds like some serious bullshit.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Why don't you like science? Why is science bullshit? What happened?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis