Defund the Police ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well those are 3 good questions that I'm not sure anyone has a perfect answer to
1) white flight? When is it wrong for some one to want to leave a place for someplace safer or better. That's going to kill some of the cities that pandered to rioting the mayor on New York 4 example is trying to get them back. But the first responsibility of any city is public safety ignore that at your peril because all the businesses and people with money leave. Then what's left to generate income or whose there to pay the taxes? And who can blame them for leaving. It won't be whites just leaving anyone with the means will leave
2 corruption that's a strong possibility
3 maybe not the nature of cities maybe it could be humanity. Maybe if we crowd a lot of people in these areas then problems like this will always cycle it's a good question I'm not sure
4 this is the second time you've tried to take small words I'm using and use them to convey some type of meaning. Once I gave a pass but twice I have to wonder Lovin are you trying to play an entrapment game
Its pretty clear with what I wrote they're was no malice or racism directed towards anyone and it was pretty clear what my words meant and you know that
If you are trying to twist my words then I'm going to have to call you out for terms like white flight what do you mean by that Lovin. Don't you mean human flight? When someone tries to pigeonhole you into they're prejudices the only person that is usually prejudiced is them
I consider us friends or at least friendly Lovin so I mean no disrespect but I'm going to call it the way I see it
White flight started long before the rioting....but you're right, this will exacerbate it. White flight starting long ago has been blamed for much of the decline of cities. Make a mess and then move away from the mess in a sense. Human nature to an extent I suppose....

Yes we do have a fair bit of corruption in the US, altho many don't like to admit it. Good ol' boy network is full of it.

Concentration of facilities and people can be efficient....or helping be an efficient killer in light of covid.

Just saying we all need to be part of this, not just putting it off on a group (particularly one that isn't an actual cohesive "group") to somehow come up to "your" or "our" standards/expectations....it's a group effort!

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
Defunding of Police will lead to fracturing of cities where certain areas of cities/suburbs are more heavily protrolled/protected than others. It will deepen the financial inequality in major cities. It's an absurd proposition. Let's defund local government bureaucracies and fund enrichment of our deprived communities.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Defunding of Police will lead to fracturing of cities where certain areas of cities/suburbs are more heavily protrolled/protected than others. It will deepen the financial inequality in major cities. It's an absurd proposition. Let's defund local government bureaucracies and fund enrichment of our deprived communities.
Is it really "defunding" the police or just mandating what types of response is appropriate and from what particular agency/response rather than funneling everything through the PD? Could well free up police to do more actual police work. More appropriate funding may be a better way of thinking about it?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is it really "defunding" the police or just mandating what types of response is appropriate and from what particular agency/response rather than funneling everything through the PD? Could well free up police to do more actual police work. More appropriate funding may be a better way of thinking about it?
I have no problem with that it's a good idea actually but it looks more like it's just straight slashing the budget like in Seattle which if not handled well could lead to problems

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
I believe the particular response is already largely ignored by police anyway for minor offenses. All of this leads to adequate policing of communities that can afford/want to do so, which is effectively protecting rich communities from underprivileged

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
Good thing we have Patrick Swayze to tell us when it's ok to not be nice, oh wait...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
And protestors just marched into white neighborhoods threatening them to give up there property for them or they will come take it
You have a source or link on that?
I'd like to research this (to the extent possible).

I have found this site to be a good starting point.
There are others like it, but I like this one because it rates media sources both for bias and factual accuracy:
(spoiler - Reuters News seems to about the best for accurate and low/no bias and if you have a smart speaker you can just say "play Reuters News")

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

There are others like it, but I like this one because it rates media sources both for bias and for accuracy:
(spoiler - Reuters News seems to about the best for accurate and low/no bias and if you have a smart speaker you can just say "play Reuters News")

You can also go on YouTube and see the actual protest videotaped live off people's cell phones

Honestly pretty disgusting wouldn't call it protesting more like intimidating

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

There are others like it, but I like this one because it rates media sources both for bias and for accuracy:
It's super easy to research as long as you go around main stream media which depending on theyrevpolitical bias will omit news from the other point of view

I use YouTube the most because not only do I get articles there's usually live video of whatever has been reported so you can see for yourself if it's been misreported or blown out of proportion or what not

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
And protestors just marched into white neighborhoods threatening them to give up there property for them or they will come take it
I certainly am not in agreement with what they are saying, but they are not being violent.
What caught my eye and caused me to single out this one line from your post to research was it included a threat of violence in "or they will come take it". I was expecting one person to say that and the crowd of protesters not supporting him. However, I could not find any threat to take property/homes in the video or the story. (If I missed it, give me time in the video or quote in story (so I can F3 search for it)
Just stay away from NY Post. Ever since Murdoch bought it, they have been using sensationalized wording to get people so upset that they lose sight of the facts. But I consider NYP an assault on the mental health of humans with the urgent outrage they put into almost every story. That is no way to live life!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

There are others like it, but I like this one because it rates media sources both for bias and factual accuracy:
Here is something to chew on

Screw pandering to rioters

They're doing more damage to they're own communities the cause and they're image
then anything they're doing for the original message

Lately they look worse then the cops they're advocating against

Children have been shot at these protests it's fucking enough already

This is why King avoided rioting

It has an energy that once it boils over just consumes everything in its wake

But since everybody wants to be a pussy because it's an election year nobody will do anything

Funny thing is if Biden gets elected he'll shut that stuff down hard

He's not stupid once the Democrats get into power they'll want to keep it

Pandering to the few causing such social disruption will eventually hurt them they're not stupid unfortunately most of these fools out there busting up businesses are and can't see the writing on the wall

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I certainly am not in agreement with what they are saying, but they are not being violent.
What caught my eye and caused me to single out this one line from your post to research was it included a threat of violence in "or they will come take it". I was expecting one person to say that and the crowd of protesters not supporting him. However, I could not find any threat to take property/homes in the video or the story. (If I missed it, give me time in the video or quote in story (so I can F3 search for it)
Just stay away from NY Post. Ever since Murdoch bought it, they have been using sensationalized wording to get people so upset that they lose sight of the facts. But I consider NYP an assault on the mental health of humans with the urgent outrage they put into almost every story. That is no way to live life!
Bro I saw in live video on YouTube some ahole on a bullhorn saying that exact Damn thing

I'm getting tired of people saying well they're not being violent

They are in a residential community disrupting people's personal lives some screaming over porches at people

That's not peaceful protesting it's INTIMIDATION

I remember you posted you support your good cops in your community right?

Well there's an BLACK female officer in Washington fighting for her life after being stabbed or shot in the neck during these so called well they're not being violent protests

What the truck did she have to do with Floyd she joined I guarantee you to make a difference now she's fighting for her life because assholes act like 2 year olds abd don't know how to behave in public

I'm done with it KEW

Lately all protests start out okay then end up with businesses harmed and cops shot or assaulted and children shot and killed

They don't give a truck about Floyd anymore it's about a new pair of Nikes or just being a part of something or an exscuse for militant factions with they're own agenda to use them as a cover to use good cops as fucking target practice

Chicago last weekend was disgusting looting stores and calling it reparations

That's the problem with pandering to a mob

It's never enough they just want more they end up getting so worked up they don't know what they want anymore

And for the record In done with major news outlets I just use them to know there is a story and then go research it myself

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Heres another one to chew on

Watch the whole Damn video KEW they say exactly what I posted

They say it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis