Defund the Police ?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
But that video is not representative of the BLM movement, Danzilla. That guy yelling doesn't represent all the people. However, it's probably true that some mainstream news media that is already biased to the left would probably choose not to show it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Probably a good thing they did not exercise their Second Amendment, would you not agree?
Yeah I'd agree with you on that on both sides it's a good thing they didn't want to exercise it

The last thing I'd want is for stuff to pop off right before the election

Talk about giving Trump something to run with

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
But that video is not representative of the BLM movement, Danzilla. That guy yelling doesn't represent all the people. However, it's probably true that some mainstream news media that is already biased to the left would probably not show it.
I agree but there's enough people out they're like him that are just fucking up anything good about it

It's why I can't support BLM the organization

They're too disorganized to many splinter factions and they do nothing to police they're own members so stuff like this doesn't get misrepresented

It's impossible to know what they want anymore

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Probably a good thing they did not exercise their Second Amendment, would you not agree?
yes, the last thing we need to see is more gun toting confrontations. As for some of the scumbags portrayed in the aforementioned video I'd suspect a fair number of them no longer have their 'Second Amendment' rights.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

You can also go on YouTube and see the actual protest videotaped live off people's cell phones

Honestly pretty disgusting wouldn't call it protesting more like intimidating
Isn't the NY Post a Murdoch owned Conservative mouthpiece?... Basically FoxNews in Print?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't the NY Post a Murdoch owned Conservative mouthpiece?... Basically FoxNews in Print?
Siiiggghhh.....

once again I never follow a major news outlet

I'll start there then

I'll go local and go on YouTube because you can usually see it live

But KEW asked for links so I started there figuiring he has his own way to do research

I also and other posters put up other links

I could give a Damn who owns it there all if they're major media suspect left or right biased

They just get me started from they're I'll do my own research

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Siiiggghhh.....

once again I never follow a major news outlet

I'll start there then

I'll go local and go on YouTube because you can usually see it live

But KEW asked for links so I started there figuiring he has his own way to do research

I also and other posters put up other links

I could give a Damn who owns it there all if they're major media suspect left or right biased

They just get me started from they're I'll do my own research
;)
When I'm reading the news, I know and assume there is a bias of some sort. I relax my threshold for scrutiny some if it is Reuters or AP, for example...
That said, many years ago I used to read HuffPo (pre AOL merger/sale) and knew then they were already a left leaning publication. I rarely go to HuffPo these days... sometimes I click through to an article there, from Apple News... Though, I also avoid it if possible, much as I do articles from Fox, or the NYPost, RealClearPolitics, Breitbart, etc.

I did some time in a few Journalism classes a long while ago... when things like integrity were still the rule... The main instructor I had was adamant about differentiating between Opinion/Editorial and pure reporting of objective fact.
Some writers are skilled at introducing subtle bias that is easy to miss, but effective in swaying opinion. Others are just blatantly biased.

I miss the days when you could read a news story and not have to wonder if there is an agenda behind it!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
;)
When I'm reading the news, I know and assume there is a bias of some sort. I relax my threshold for scrutiny some if it is Reuters or AP, for example...
That said, many years ago I used to read HuffPo (pre AOL merger/sale) and knew then they were already a left leaning publication. I rarely go to HuffPo these days... sometimes I click through to an article there, from Apple News... Though, I also avoid it if possible, much as I do articles from Fox, or the NYPost, RealClearPolitics, Breitbart, etc.

I did some time in a few Journalism classes a long while ago... when things like integrity were still the rule... The main instructor I had was adamant about differentiating between Opinion/Editorial and pure reporting of objective fact.
Some writers are skilled at introducing subtle bias that is easy to miss, but effective in swaying opinion. Others are just blatantly biased.

I miss the days when you could read a news story and not have to wonder if there is an agenda behind it!
Thats why I like YouTube some has usually cell phones it so you can watch it live and see for yourself

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
;)

while I see your point and agree, I see no bias with respect to looting and destruction of property.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
while I see your point and agree, I see no bias with respect to looting and destruction of property.
In the most simplistic reporting of fact, you are correct, however...
And you know this, I think... ;)
...it is how the article/story is then framed that matters.
Using the recent unrest as the most obvious example: Is BLM rioting and looting? Is it other actors on the scene? People on one side are quick to condemn BLM, Antifa, whomever; but we've also seen the evidence that other Right-Wing Affiliate groups have participated in instigating this.
It is not in the interest of the BLM movement to be violent. Many of them have said so, and have confronted those who are out thrill-seeking and sh!t-disturbing their protests.

I ask, is Antifa a terrorist organization when many White Nationalist Militia groups are not? Is BLM a terrorist movement for making a valid point about the continued death of Black Americans at the hands of the Police?

Warning: Hyperbole:
Are the Police a terrorist organization when White Officers can freely gun down unarmed Black Americans without fear of legitimate legal repercussions?

We are in this mess for reasons WAY too numerous to count. That Political parties and their associated media mouthpieces spread biased narrative only deepens this hole. That too many people don't question the answers they think they know... much less question the questions, is also a problem.

Since I brought it up:
BLM is not a terrorist organization.
Antifa is not, unless they become way more organized and start wearing Tactical gear and open-carrying assault weaponry on the street.
Any Politically motivated, organized group whose members arm themselves and insert themselves into the role of Anti-Protester/Protector... whatever... they may very well BE a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. When I see Unite The Right / White Nationalist / Proud Boys / Oath Keepers, etc... I instantly become highly skeptical.

I DO NOT think the Police are terrorists.
I do not like the message of Defund The Police.
I do believe that like all institutions, the Police and their Unions can be corrupt and criminally complicit in illegal activity, including protecting an officer that kills an unarmed civilian.
I do believe that the fundamental structure of those two organizations should be looked at and have their roles reorganized in a manner that better serves the citizenry they are meant to PROTECT AND SERVE.
I believe that the Police should not be armed with Military Weaponry.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Heres another one to chew on

Watch the whole Damn video KEW they say exactly what I posted

They say it
I watched it!
I do not hear them threaten to take his property (or equivalent).
I won't say it can't be there because the SQ is not great and the guy talks over some of the videos!
I listened to the earlier video 3 times to make sure it wasn't there.
Please give me a time so I can find it!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Here is something to chew on

Screw pandering to rioters

They're doing more damage to they're own communities the cause and they're image
then anything they're doing for the original message

Lately they look worse then the cops they're advocating against

Children have been shot at these protests it's fucking enough already

This is why King avoided rioting

It has an energy that once it boils over just consumes everything in its wake

But since everybody wants to be a pussy because it's an election year nobody will do anything

Funny thing is if Biden gets elected he'll shut that stuff down hard

He's not stupid once the Democrats get into power they'll want to keep it

Pandering to the few causing such social disruption will eventually hurt them they're not stupid unfortunately most of these fools out there busting up businesses are and can't see the writing on the wall
You mistake me for someone who thinks the protest are not a problem. I definitely see them as a problem. However, from what I have seen a threat of taking someone's home is not at all mainstream and if that was said in a crowd, I would expect the protesters to not approve ... so I would like to see where this happened so I can get a sense of where the crowd's head is. Because if that is where it is, I need to recalibrate my understanding of what is happening.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In the most simplistic reporting of fact, you are correct, however...
And you know this, I think... ;)
...it is how the article/story is then framed that matters.
Using the recent unrest as the most obvious example: Is BLM rioting and looting? Is it other actors on the scene? People on one side are quick to condemn BLM, Antifa, whomever; but we've also seen the evidence that other Right-Wing Affiliate groups have participated in instigating this.
It is not in the interest of the BLM movement to be violent. Many of them have said so, and have confronted those who are out thrill-seeking and sh!t-disturbing their protests.

I ask, is Antifa a terrorist organization when many White Nationalist Militia groups are not? Is BLM a terrorist movement for making a valid point about the continued death of Black Americans at the hands of the Police?

Warning: Hyperbole:
Are the Police a terrorist organization when White Officers can freely gun down unarmed Black Americans without fear of legitimate legal repercussions?

We are in this mess for reasons WAY too numerous to count. That Political parties and their associated media mouthpieces spread biased narrative only deepens this hole. That too many people don't question the answers they think they know... much less question the questions, is also a problem.

Since I brought it up:
BLM is not a terrorist organization.
Antifa is not, unless they become way more organized and start wearing Tactical gear and open-carrying assault weaponry on the street.
Any Politically motivated, organized group whose members arm themselves and insert themselves into the role of Anti-Protester/Protector... whatever... they may very well BE a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. When I see Unite The Right / White Nationalist / Proud Boys / Oath Keepers, etc... I instantly become highly skeptical.

I DO NOT think the Police are terrorists.
I do not like the message of Defund The Police.
I do believe that like all institutions, the Police and their Unions can be corrupt and criminally complicit in illegal activity, including protecting an officer that kills an unarmed civilian.
I do believe that the fundamental structure of those two organizations should be looked at and have their roles reorganized in a manner that better serves the citizenry they are meant to PROTECT AND SERVE.
I believe that the Police should not be armed with Military Weaponry.
If your protests have been infiltrated and they are no longer safe protests this is on the organizers for not doing a better job at preventing this you want to protest then take responsibility for what you started

I don't care if your the PowerPuff Girls if you protest and cops and civilians and children are consistently getting shot bussinesses getting destroyed people trying to intimidate not PROTEST your poop needs to get shut down HARD

after 50 60 days the message is on every sports broadcast every commercial on Netflix Amazon statues taken down police departments already starting to be Defunded
Names of businesses changed everyone whose a ceartin colour is racist and needs training to become aware of it
Actors criticized for roles they played ten years ago Cops getting fired prosecuted. Democrats who are most likely going to take office promising great change

So what do they want?

I mean we get the point

They're like the dude in an argument who can't shut his Damn mouth long after he should even when the other side is trying to walk away and ends up getting his face smashed for it because he JUST WONT LEAVE IT ALONE

Keep pushing people what do they realistically think is going to happen people are going to push back

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If your protests have been infiltrated and they are no longer safe protests this is on the organizers for not doing a better job at preventing this you want to protest then take responsibility for what you started

I don't care if your the PowerPuff Girls if you protest and cops and civilians and children are consistently getting shot bussinesses getting destroyed people trying to intimidate not PROTEST your poop needs to get shut down HARD

after 50 60 days the message is on every sports broadcast every commercial on Netflix Amazon statues taken down police departments already starting to be Defunded
Names of businesses changed everyone whose a ceartin colour is racist and needs training to become aware of it
Actors criticized for roles they played ten years ago Cops getting fired prosecuted. Democrats who are most likely going to take office promising great change

So what do they want?

I mean we get the point

They're like the dude in an argument who can't shut his Damn mouth long after he should even when the other side is trying to walk away and ends up getting his face smashed for it because he JUST WONT LEAVE IT ALONE

Keep pushing people what do they realistically think is going to happen people are going to push back
Nowhere in my words, ANY that I have ever written and shared on this topic involving Race and BLM, have I stated support for any of the rioting and looting. Nor did I in the post above.

Danzilla, if you get it, then you get it. :) I know there are many out there who don't, unfortunately.

This is not something that can go away until the problem is dealt with, and a great example of that problem not being dealt with is the Breonna Taylor situation in KY. But that specific situation aside, how many officer involved killings of Black Americans are OK?

My answer is none.

To your other points, there have been many calls made of BLM protesters calling out those that are not there to support their cause. I've seen video footage, news stories and anecdote detailing several instances of that. But people are still angry and they have the right to demand change.

Whether this is the time... Who knows. But the numbers are swinging and more and more people are on board that these Killings need to stop, now.

If you want to be angry, my friend, you have that right. Blaming those seeking social justice, though, is playing right into the hands of the Alt Right antagonists that are escalating simple protests into full fledged riots.

Please know, I would like to see an end to this too, and have us focus our combined energy on healing this divided nation and overcoming this pandemic. :)

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I'm not for violence in protesting and wish it wouldn't happen. However, we had the Boston Tea Party, and others "riots" like it, that caused property damage, harmed people, and cost future Americans money. We're proud of that. In some ways, even though there are sometimes unfortunate consequences, "rioting" (call it whatever you want, rally, protest, demonstrations, parades, etc.) it is as American as apple pie. People didn't seem so upset at "riots' when a white supremacist's drove through a crowd? Or police officers and peaceful protesters were attacked by them peacefully protesting. Is that because those good "good people?"

I saw commercials about "defunding police" as a campaign theme. I see _ using it as a battle cry. Yet, I've never heard let's just defund the police without alternatives. But it makes an easy meme for people to "rally" behind that will never look any deeper than a picture.

I've not fully explored the options they're talking about, it's hasn't hit my home yet, but who knows, maybe there are some good ideas out there worth exploring? There are definitely biases within in law enforcement, and not just along racial lines. They are across ethnical, age, sex, and many other demographics. BLM has stood up for these cases too.

People are not treated equally by the police. I can say I've been on both sides over the years (for just traffic violations nonetheless). Perhaps the best method of change is an overhaul? Put the money into a law enforcement alternative that we could build to be a better system rather than trying to break and change the very old deeply entrenched model and way of doing things we currently have.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nowhere in my words, ANY that I have ever written and shared on this topic involving Race and BLM, have I stated support for any of the rioting and looting. Nor did I in the post above.

Danzilla, if you get it, then you get it. :) I know there are many out there who don't, unfortunately.

This is not something that can go away until the problem is dealt with, and a great example of that problem not being dealt with is the Breonna Taylor situation in KY. But that specific situation aside, how many officer involved killings of Black Americans are OK?

My answer is none.

To your other points, there have been many calls made of BLM protesters calling out those that are not there to support their cause. I've seen video footage, news stories and anecdote detailing several instances of that. But people are still angry and they have the right to demand change.

Whether this is the time... Who knows. But the numbers are swinging and more and more people are on board that these Killings need to stop, now.

If you want to be angry, my friend, you have that right. Blaming those seeking social justice, though, is playing right into the hands of the Alt Right antagonists that are escalating simple protests into full fledged riots.

Please know, I would like to see an end to this too, and have us focus our combined energy on healing this divided nation and overcoming this pandemic. :)
Why could Martin Luther King control his protests and these clowns cant?

I'm not angry bro but stop killing people especially children hurting businesses and attacking cops who HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. And then saying your campaigning for social justice. Control your protests get a permit be there for 2 hours or a set time and split so if anyone stays it's on them not the organizers

But it's all good I'm just gonna sit back. They're were fights all over this weekend between opposing protestors it's heating up

Someone's going to go too far it's going to really pop off and then martial law or the military will get brought in

And they'll get shut up anyway fire on a military or national guard like they're doing at cops right now.

Real hard to riot I mean protest with a bullet in your ass

As for our original op topic defund the police? conservatives will love this sit back watch crime skyrocket and democrats will get voted back out as fast as they got voted in come November

Well get rid of Trump tho and that's a start I can live with all this hypocritical bullshit just for that so I'm not angry and it's the only reason I'm not angry really all of this believe it or not is worth it if even that's the only thing that comes out of it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Why could Martin Luther King control his protests and these clowns cant?
Way different times, I'd say. Then you had true movements of non-violence in King and Gandhi. Though Race was a major issue, you didn't have so many people working against each other as we seem to today. Yes the country was divided, but those I know and have spoken with, living through that time, say today is worse.

Someone's going to go too far it's going to really pop off
This!
I don't think it's going to be a BLM protestor, it's going to be one of the antagonists.
But I agree, between the heat, the pandemic, and the divisive culture in our country right now... the pressure gauge is already riding high, and there is no release valve.

I do hope that the current administration is booted out, and I hope one in particular Shuts the F Up for good (I can hope, right?), because that voice alone is one of complete discord and antagonism.

FWIW, as I said earlier, I do not like the term "defund the police." This little article helped me understand what is meant by it, and I do agree that the underlying argument has merit.
It's not about getting rid of things, but if done properly, its about fixing a system that IS NOT functioning well.

For all the political and racial threads that we have been having here lately, I would hope that some consensus can be had about the things that are and are not working.
We do all seem to agree, with a few exceptions, that sh!ts got to change from the current path. It would be helpful for the leaders we have chosen, who may remain after this election, to dial back the rhetoric, put their heads down and actually lead: IN ALL BRANCHES of government, and from Municipal to National.

Lastly: I found this heartening:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Way different times, I'd say. Then you had true movements of non-violence in King and Gandhi. Though Race was a major issue, you didn't have so many people working against each other as we seem to today. Yes the country was divided, but those I know and have spoken with, living through that time, say today is worse.

This!
I don't think it's going to be a BLM protestor, it's going to be one of the antagonists.
But I agree, between the heat, the pandemic, and the divisive culture in our country right now... the pressure gauge is already riding high, and there is no release valve.

I do hope that the current administration is booted out, and I hope one in particular Shuts the F Up for good (I can hope, right?), because that voice alone is one of complete discord and antagonism.

FWIW, as I said earlier, I do not like the term "defund the police." This little article helped me understand what is meant by it, and I do agree that the underlying argument has merit.
It's not about getting rid of things, but if done properly, its about fixing a system that IS NOT functioning well.

For all the political and racial threads that we have been having here lately, I would hope that some consensus can be had about the things that are and are not working.
We do all seem to agree, with a few exceptions, that sh!ts got to change from the current path. It would be helpful for the leaders we have chosen, who may remain after this election, to dial back the rhetoric, put their heads down and actually lead: IN ALL BRANCHES of government, and from Municipal to National.

Lastly: I found this heartening:
Honestly bro I wasn't joking with what I said in the F Trump thread

If I have to sign up for woke classes
Acknowledge my white guilt
Say the system is racist
Buy more guns if defunding the police isn't done right
Pay more taxes
I will happily do it all just to get him out of office

I've never hid the fact that I'm a conservative you guys know this but I'm so Damn pissed at his leadership right now

I'll eat whatever crap it takes to get him out

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Well sorry Ryan it was your protestors that crossed the line not the antagonists

Even the Portland mayor in a live announcement called this for what it is even saying city members could have been killed last night took him 70 days you fu@$!in pussy

It's what you get for pandering to a fucking mob they pulled federal agents out that didn't stop them tonight they keep saying we want change right now well your not going to get it. Be realistic for fucks sake obviously not a realistic bone in they're fucking body

I take it back Ryan I'm fucking pissed I've been trying to fight it but it's just been slowly building I'm not going to fight it no more

I've been a first responder my whole life I have family members that are cops fire fighters nurses whether it's COVID or this bullshit they are on the front lines like me taking this every day motherfuckers are out there saying kill a cop save a life? I'm up every night not sleeping worried about my nephews caught up in this my brother in law Joseph who married my brothers wife after they split and took care of his kids like they were his own when my brother dipped probably the best man I've ever known in my life and a good fucking cop

truck BLM truck these protests and truck all you motherfuckers that want to condone it

I don't expect this post to stay up and I want to get banned

Please

Ban me or remove me off this site

If I just got to stop participating I'll do that this is the last post I ever put on this bitch I got family I gotta be taking up for

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis