mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That said, the estate tax affects only estates over $2 million per person, not counting all sorts of credits and loopholes, and doesn't affect family-owned farms at all, and very few small businesses. ...This is NOT a tax on the "Average Joe".
Interesting how slogans become so huge even when it affects a very, very small part of the population:D Who cares how valid it is or how it affects middle class, it is a catchy slogan:D
Who said we have to think when we have all these slogans:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...calls?

I don't feel anyone has interfered in my freedom. I'm assuming your talking about the Patriot Act. For me, there's a greater good argument and do you really think Bush has anyone listening in on your personal would believe what they do.
The problem is that no one can challenge it, try to discover its use against them. You have to be smarter than those who are using the snooper programs; then, you are charged with with a crime also. You cannot win, no matter what on this one.
By the time you discover your freedom has been interfered with, it might be way too late.
I was convinced before the invasion of Iraq. Very convincing arguments by Powell and the government. But we know the rest of the story.
Not sure how much congress was bamboozled, do you, for sure?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If McCain actually surprises and wins this election, I really hope he doesn't pick Supreme Court Justices in the same manner.
That would not be possible. The forces would be too much as were with the Palin selection;):D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

:eek: OMG !!! your right, it will be the end of our freedom and all reasonable decisions.....Oh wait a minute, doesn't the Senate still have to approve all nominations?? and by most estimates the Democrats will add between 4 to 6 seats to their already majority control. So should the Evil Empire manage to replace Darth Bush with John McCain that part of sky won't be falling anytime soon.
But you forget the rules in congress. Majority by itself may not be enough. You need 60% or 67% in much of stuff, how it happens, etc.
So, who knows what will happen. Can it be left to chance alone, such a crucial part of the judiciary?

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I certainly agree with you there. I'm mostly a Libertarian, so I may be staying home election day.
Well I think my vote may go to whichever I think is the lesser of two evils if it comes down to a contest between just McCain and Obama (which I think it will anyway).

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
More great ideas and discussions being thrown around.

Keep it up guys. :D

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
So nowboth parties are the part of "change"??
Wha exactly are the repub's saying? ... "We need change from our own side"?
Gotta love getting bull spewed at the american people non-stop from politicians.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I watched part of that speech last night.

Between what I head her say and what I've read about the speech, she said a lot of nothing, but said it with passion and flair.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Community organizers???

So - could someone tell me what the deal was with the repeated mocking of community organizers last night? I saw it in Giuliani's speech - the crowd laughed at the mere mention of the term - and Palin's speech.

What gives? That seems like a low blow. Are Bush Sr's "Thousand Points of Light" all a bunch of losers? Are people organizing to help themselves not a good Republican ideal? And of all the groups to piss off, community organizers seems like a bad call. Not as bad as a concerted effort to mock "undecided voters" perhaps, but still.

Obviously, I'm not the intended audience for those remarks. Can someone translate for me what I was supposed to take from that?

Added by Edit:

This is the sort of reaction I had in mind:

What the upside of this for Republicans? I'm mystified.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
So - could someone tell me what the deal was with the repeated mocking of community organizers last night? I saw it in Giuliani's speech - the crowd laughed at the mere mention of the term - and Palin's speech.

What gives? That seems like a low blow. Are Bush Sr's "Thousand Points of Light" all a bunch of losers? Are people organizing to help themselves not a good Republican ideal? And of all the groups to piss off, community organizers seems like a bad call. Not as bad as a concerted effort to mock "undecided voters" perhaps, but still.

Obviously, I'm not the intended audience for those remarks. Can someone translate for me what I was supposed to take from that?

What the upside of this for Republicans? I'm mystified.
If you're serious; Obama started out as a "Community Organizer"
and it was meant to counter Obama's initial low blow, concerning his mocking of Palin starting out as a small town mayor, and hockey mom.
It's been happening on both sides. I'm sure you've seen it?:confused:
So, me thinks it as equally as bad an idea to piss off Mayors and Hockey Moms, and Women Governors with less than two years in office?

Last edited:
zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Yes, I'm serious. I'm mystified.

If you're serious; Obama started out as a "Community Organizer"
and it was meant to counter Obama's initial low blow, concerning his mocking of Palin starting out as a small town mayor, and hockey mom.
It's been happening on both sides. I'm sure you've seen it?:confused:
Mocking Obama's particular experience? Good idea, if mockable. But what I saw mocked the whole idea of "community organizers". Really Bad Idea.

So, me thinks it as equally as bad an idea to piss off Mayors and Hockey Moms, and Women Governors with less than two years in office?
They've diminished her particular experience as a mayor (tiny town) and specific experience as governor (<2 yrs). They most certainly have NOT mocked "mayors" or "governors", and they sure as hell haven't mocked "Women Governors". Point me to where they've done that if I'm wrong.

And could you direct me to Obama or Biden or similar level of Democrat mocking "Hockey Moms", (esp. on a major address on National TV!) ? Or anything close to that?

They simply aren't that stupid.

The Republicans came off as sneering elitists with the whole "let's laugh at community organizers!" thing. If your explanation is really all there is, they are REALLY off their game.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... she said a lot of nothing, but said it with passion and flair.
Yes, you do have to give that to her. But, was that HER speech really or the party's prepared speech written some time ago for a VP, then modified to fit her:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis