R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder why few of the news stations have been talking about Palin's membership in the Alaskan Independence Party. That's far more interesting and damaging than her pregnant kid. McCain has trumped his own argument on experience and his argument about patriotism by taking on Palin. Those are the two areas where he had some resonance. I hope he doesn't try to push family values.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder why few of the news stations have been talking about Palin's membership in the Alaskan Independence Party. That's far more interesting and damaging than her pregnant kid.
Which is what makes the misdirection so valuable to them. It was absolutely brilliant dressing up her non-pregnant daughter in a baby suit and breaking the story to divert everyone's attention.

:D Just kidding. I'm not a conspiracy nut job. Really...

Senior Audioholic
That's far more interesting and damaging than her pregnant kid... I hope he doesn't try to push family values.
I think the pregnant seventeen year old and excuses being made certainly highlight the failure and hypocrisies in the Right's stance on family values and family planning.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. Eagles just posted a conspiracy theory, and then it quickly disappeared. Coincidence? You decide.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Hmmm. Eagles just posted a conspiracy theory, and then it quickly disappeared. Coincidence? You decide.
ROFLMAO. :)
I thought it was a little too much and too OT. :)
But...if you read it, what's your thought on that?

itschris

itschris

Republicans are in favor of war and tax breaks for the rich. They are against the environment, aid for the poor, and personal freedom.
I was hoping for a bit more than that. What about all the democrats who authorized the war. The "rich" as you call them account for the vast amount of the tax revenue in this country. We paid close to $100k in taxes last year... why? Simply because I make more? Because my wife and bust or butts, took risks and found success? Great to be rewarded. Why would anyone aspire to be successful onlly to have upwards of 50% or more be taken away? Aid to the poor should have limits. There's nothing wrong with asking people to earn the aid they receive and make an effort to break free from those kinds of shackles. Who's not getting aid? Wellfare seems quite alive and well if you ask me. I don't feel anyone has interfered in my freedom. I'm assuming your talking about the Patriot Act. For me, there's a greater good argument and do you really think Bush has anyone listening in on your personal calls?

Either way it's no big deal. I was honestly hoping for more thoughtful reasons because I really did want to hear a cogent opinion that I could listen to and ponder. I respect everyone's right to believe or feel the way they do, I just hope it's based on good, well considered information. I still just want to understand in a real way how these idea are derived. I get the 30 second soundbite rhetoric. I've heard it over and over and over... Republicans hate the poor, hate everyone except white males, hate the environment, love war, Bush is a moron...evil... satan... all of that. I get that. I understand that line. I was hoping for thoughts beyond the rhetoric... the real passion behind the feelings and thoughts of why someone would believe what they do.

I wasn't writing here to change anyone's mind nor have mine changed. I just wanted to have a better understanding of the motivations behind what some of you thought because I really have a hard time understanding some the positions, comments, and thoughts I've read. But to me, I think that's a good thing. I like that we have differences and I think we should. I just wanted to better understand them.

I'll be gracefully exiting this thread and getting back to the one thing we all agree on: our passion for music, video, and the boxes that make it all happen.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
I'm assuming your talking about the Patriot Act. For me, there's a greater good argument and do you really think Bush has anyone listening in on your personal calls?

But personal freedom is not taken lightly by some.....heck, hopefully many. Greater good, I'll leave that be as like you said it is best to keep light hearted and friendly.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be gracefully exiting this thread and getting back to the one thing we all agree on: our passion for music, video, and the boxes that make it all happen.
It would be a loss if you left this thread, Chris. I find your posts to be respectful and well thought out.

If you do leave for the other stuff though, don't forget one other topic...BBQing!

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
If McCain actually surprises and wins this election, I really hope he doesn't pick Supreme Court Justices in the same manner.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
His first major binding decision is to pick someone with absolutely no federal experience, an apparent history of extremist politics, admittedly no knowledge of the job, and admittedly no knowledge of major federal issues as the person to succeed him - a 71 year with previous bouts with cancer - as President should something happen.

Doesn't say much about his judgment does it?

I mean, come on. The only plausible reason for picking Palin is that she is a conservative woman. She doesn't bring anything to the table as a VP.

itschris

itschris

It would be a loss if you left this thread, Chris. I find your posts to be respectful and well thought out.

If you do leave for the other stuff though, don't forget one other topic...BBQing!
I'm just dropping out of this thread. I have honest interest in people's ideology, but I can't get anyone to articulate their opinions or positions in a way that I can understand and give credit to. But with the exception of just a couple of folks here or there, that's pretty much true no matter who I talk to on the "other side" so to speak. I always hear the same standard stuff, but nothing behind it to prove or even warrant the comment. It's like, "yes I know... Bush is a moron. He should be on trial at the Hague. Republicans only care about oil... blah, blah, blah." Anything else?

It's okay though. No one owes me or anyone else insight to what they think pr why. I just thought it could have been a good discussion. It just always ends up being the same old silly back and forth.

I'm all about BBQ though, so I won't give up that ship. See you in the recipe thread.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, see you over the recipe thread, you big-oil-loving, war-crimes-ignoring sonavugun.

:D Just kidding, my man.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
I'm just dropping out of this thread. I have honest interest in people's ideology, but I can't get anyone to articulate their opinions or positions in a way that I can understand and give credit to. But with the exception of just a couple of folks here or there, that's pretty much true no matter who I talk to on the "other side" so to speak. I always hear the same standard stuff, but nothing behind it to prove or even warrant the comment. It's like, "yes I know... Bush is a moron. He should be on trial at the Hague. Republicans only care about oil... blah, blah, blah." Anything else?

It's okay though. No one owes me or anyone else insight to what they think pr why. I just thought it could have been a good discussion. It just always ends up being the same old silly back and forth.

I'm all about BBQ though, so I won't give up that ship. See you in the recipe thread.
I don't know you obviously ,but what do you want as an answer? Did you consider that the "speak" from the other side seems the same to the other people?
To those down the middle both sides are laughable at best.
Who wants to sit down and write or type out all the horrible things done by all of our elected govt. officials when living through it is enough punishment.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
If McCain actually surprises and wins this election, I really hope he doesn't pick Supreme Court Justices in the same manner.
:eek: OMG !!! your right, it will be the end of our freedom and all reasonable decisions.....Oh wait a minute, doesn't the Senate still have to approve all nominations?? and by most estimates the Democrats will add between 4 to 6 seats to their already majority control. So should the Evil Empire manage to replace Darth Bush with John McCain that part of sky won't be falling anytime soon.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking the same thing, race. I was just too lazy to look up if the Dems had a majority, so I wasn't sure if I'd be correct on that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Obama - Removes American Flag From His Plane
Reading the article, it doesn't seem all that insidious to me. From the one photo of John McCain's airplane, I didn't see any flags on that one, either.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Obama - Removes American Flag From His Plane

Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail of the airplane.

What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? He has replaced the flag with a symbol that is representative of himself... Obama is a frightening prospect of things to come

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp

Excuse me for stooping as I truly hold a high respect for you on this forum and appreciate your knowledge and hope that continues.......but on this topic, I would say the same of your thought process as being a scray thing.
Since when did people start thinking they are more patriotic than others and that there way of showing it is the only way?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis