bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Within any religion, only a tiny fraction are of the extremist nutcase variety. Not only is the total far less than a billion, I doubt if it is much over a few hundred thousand. I keep hoping that the "rapture" will come and take them all away, leaving the earth for those of us with at least some sense (as opposed to, for example, Palin.)

The NRA is about guns. They are not a religious organization.:confused:
your posts remind me of some of those old southern babtist sermons... alot of hot air and not any substance...BTW am I still invisible

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sure it does. I've learned a lot from hearing the different viewpoints and following the various links. Sometimes, the whole point is simply to share info and discuss points of view. It's not always about argument for argument's sake or trying to turn another's opinion to yours.

BTW, we are also in the middle of a federal election up here in Canada, only we have five equally unpalatable parties to choose amongst. It almost makes me wish for something as simple as McCain/Obama.
Exactly:D Never know who or where that tidbit will come from that may have a great deal of meaning to someone.:)

Five unpalatable candidates? :eek: At least you found 5 from 30 million population. :D We could only find 2 out of 300mil:D
I need to call my sister in your Provence and see what is going on up there:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
At first glance, McCain proposing to postpone campaigning to focus on the economic crisis seems very admirable. But after closer scrutiny, I'm beginning to think he has ulterior motives. Republican approval ratings are at an all time low. Obama's campaign is gaining momentum and McCain is having to fight against all the Anti-Republican sentiment that is growing in the country.

So what does McCain gain by postponing the campaign? Well, you're supposed to have 3 Presidential debates and 1 VP debate. I seriously doubt that they'll want to cancel one of the Presidential debates, because you wouldn't want to have a 1-1 tie. So which debate becomes expendable? You guessed it, the VP debate. Is McCain scared that Palin will be eaten alive by Biden in a debate?

Hhhmmmmm........., the plot thickens.

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
At first glance, McCain proposing to postpone campaigning to focus on the economic crisis seems very admirable. But after closer scrutiny, I'm beginning to think he has ulterior motives. Republican approval ratings are at an all time low. Obama's campaign is gaining momentum and McCain is having to fight against all the Anti-Republican sentiment that is growing in the country.

So what does McCain gain by postponing the campaign? Well, you're supposed to have 3 Presidential debates and 1 VP debate. I seriously doubt that they'll want to cancel one of the Persidential debates, because you wouldn't want to have a 1-1 tie. So which debate becomes expendable? You guessed it, the VP debate. Is McCain scared that Palin will be eaten alive by Biden in a debate?

Hhhmmmmm........., the plot thickens.
It's BS. It's a political trick to get out of the spotlight and stop Obama's momentum. McCain's having a really rough week and it has been reported he's preparing for the debate here and there so I doubt he's ready for tomorrow night. Had he done this last week, I would have looked at it as admirable, but not a week into the process especially considering a deal was already close. Also consider the fact that they announced this moments after speaking with the Obama campaign after indicating they'd like to do it together. Disorganization in the McCain camp, but what else is new.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It's BS. It's a political trick to get out of the spotlight and stop Obama's momentum. McCain's having a really rough week and it has been reported he's preparing for the debate here and there so I doubt he's ready for tomorrow night. Had he done this last week, I would have looked at it as admirable, but not a week into the process especially considering a deal was already close. Also consider the fact that they announced this moments after speaking with the Obama campaign after indicating they'd like to do it together. Disorganization in the McCain camp, but what else is new.
Plus, McCain was supposed to be on David Letterman last night, but called Dave personally to tell him that he had to fly off to Washington immediately to work on the economic crisis. Yet, he had time to stop by CBS news and talk to Katie Couric. :rolleyes:

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I think that McCain's biggest goal is to push back the VP debates.

The McCain camp has already talked about moving the POTUS debates to next Thursday, the day the VP debates were scheduled, and moving the VP debates back to some undetermined date.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Republican approval ratings are at an all time low. Obama's campaign is gaining momentum and McCain is having to fight against all the Anti-Republican sentiment that is growing in the country.
Latest Gallup shows both parties in a 46-46 tie.

I would think that McCain is needed in Washington. Greenspan warned in '05 that Freddie and Fannie would collapse if reforms weren't made. These reforms were voted down by the Dems in committee and whoops, led to a collapse. Blame it on Bush if you must, but the Dems bear responsibility for blocking the reforms that could have prevented the collapse. Now, McCain needs to be in Washington to bridge the gap between Dems and Reps. to resolve the crisis since he has a working relationship on both sides of the house. BTW, that's what good presidents do, too.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Don't forget, we pay these senators $160K a year to do their jobs.
Both McCain and Obama haven't been in the senate since April and July, respectively. (and they still get paid)
Their job is to vote in the senate first, and campaign second.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Don't forget, we pay these senators $160K a year to do their jobs.
Both McCain and Obama haven't been in the senate since April and July, *respectively. (and they still get paid)
Their job is to vote in the senate first, and campaign second.
Who hasn't been there the longest;). JK:)

Ps: I see you had already included that:eek:.

Last edited:
zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
1984 Miss Alaska

Skip to 0:53 for the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
McCain's entire campaign has been a series of lies, misquotes, and horrible mistakes.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
New video

The first video was taken down. This version is shorter (lacking an extended intro by the owner of the VHS tape).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

The first video was taken down. This version is shorter (lacking an extended intro by the owner of the VHS tape).
But...;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis