its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I like USAA, but I don't know what kind of transaction limits they have (if any) since I've never been able to make a purchase that large :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...since I've never been able to make a purchase that large :D
Woed. I wish that I could blame it on my credit union. :( :D

Cruise - can you use a credit card? Three days is like an eternity to instant-gratification folks like myself.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
We are debt free and purchase everything with cash.

It takes forever to make significant purchases like automobiles etc.. The power in banking as we do is never paying interest and financing fees.

If you finance a $30,000.00 car for 60 mos. at say 6% and I spend the same TOTAL amount of money the results are staggering.

Assuming a finance charge of $3000.00 your payment would be $637.98 per month for 60 months for a total of $38,278.80!

With the same money we'd buy a $38,000.00 dollar car.

That's a heck of a lot nicer ride for the same money!

It just takes patience.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, if you have the credit available, I'd definitely use that instead (provided you can pay the balance right away). Pay 10K with card, get an assload of points or miles or whatever rewards you get, then just pay off the card :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We are debt free and purchase everything with cash.

It takes forever to make significant purchases like automobiles etc.. The power in banking as we do is never paying interest and financing fees.

If you finance a $30,000.00 car for 60 mos. at say 6% and I spend the same TOTAL amount of money the results are staggering.

Assuming a finance charge of $3000.00 your payment would be $637.98 per month for 60 months for a total of $38,278.80!

With the same money we'd buy a $38,000.00 dollar car.

That's a heck of a lot nicer ride for the same money!

It just takes patience.

Wrong crowd...:D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I'd be crazy by now if I couldn't live vicariously through other members purchases here at Audioholics.

*The force is weak with this one*

I covet home theater gear like a kitten covets milk.

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
This never ends!

I have been very interested in the Aperion Audio Verus Grand system since reading Toms review on Audioholics. The only reason I *cough* didn't need them was the lack of a dipole surround which i need in my room.

They added one TODAY!

Looks like my next saving project began before this round of spending was complete.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Stay strong, brother. I'll joke around with you, but your policy of staying out of debt is definitely the way to go.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
It's all good, Adam.

In fact, I think you posted before I added the link to my previous post. :D

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
All jokes aside, we're firing the credit union in the morning.

We managed to purchase the bar, then the credit union shut down my card. I was left unable to pay for my lunch even though there's 15K in my account.

I need a bank not a mother.:mad:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The Aperion talk has gotten my wheels turning.

Order Summary
--------------------------
1 - [XPA-5] XPA-5 1,000 Watt 5 Channel Amplifier (5 x 200) @ $899.00

1 - [XPA-2] XPA-2 500 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier (2 x 300) @ $799.00

Dammit!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How did the Aperion talk lead you to buying those? Oh, I get it - we're just your scapegoats now. :eek: :D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Well.....um....

It's because....

I...uh....you....

Okay,fine. I wanted these forever and never had an excuse. The Verus all dip into 4 ohm territory and that's good enough for me.:D

The JVC scares us because it's first gen tech so we're going to hold on to the Epson for now. I've been burned more than once by being an early adopter of tech and there's no clear winner with regards to how to present 3D yet.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So, you're not getting the JVC? That must make you sad. How about something to cheer you up? I think that you should get the Aperions. They're like sonic lollipops.

:D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Yep. Those are next. I wonder if licking them would hurt the finish?!?:eek:

I've got to remove the karaoke gear from the rack to make room for the amps...they'll be here Wed.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if licking them would hurt the finish?!?
Considering that Tom reviewed them, that's probably not the first bodily fluid to get on them. :eek: What? I meant tears. Of joy. Pervs. :D

...they'll be here Wed.
Enjoy! Always exciting to get new gear. I look forward to your impressions of those. If mine didn't hum, I'd love them. I'm hoping they're design/quality has improved on that.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Here ya go, Adam.:D

Items Ordered
2 of: Verus Grand Tower Speaker
1 of: Verus Grand Center Channel Speaker
2 of: Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole Speaker
2 of: Verus Grand Bookshelf Speaker
2 of: Aperion Wall Mount Pair for 4 Series, 5 Series, Zona, Verus Grand Bookshelf and Forte Satellite

I hope you realize how much trouble you're in when my wife gets home!:D:eek::D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis