jnelson88

jnelson88

Audioholic
Very nice setup, I do have a question about your rear speaker mounts, if you don't mind what are they and where did you get them?

Thanks
Josh

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Here you go.

I have some info on the speaker mounts. They are made by Vantage Point, and the model is "BKPSPE". I bought mine through standsandmounts.com, but I don't think they have that one any longer. So I went looking, and found them at racksandstands.com. I can't say which company is better, I only used stands and mounts the one time. And I have no experience with Rack and stands.
We've done a little decorating of the room so there'll be more pics soon. As we were unpacking at the new place I ran across a 24"x36" set of blue prints for the Nautilus from 2000 leagues under the sea. The wife had ordered them years ago and forgotten about them. I promptly framed them and hung it in the stairwell headed to the theater.

I also have a poster that is a portrait of Tony Montana made from the entire written script of Scarface. Kinda neat how it was done, the script was hand written and the colour of ink changes to make the pic. That one's next for framing.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Just all around impressive my friend, your talents and attention to detail are obviously showing through very evidently. I think we should get one of the mods to change your name to Mr. Clean. :cool:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Only here at Audioholics a person can and will be praised for being ocd/anal retentive. :D

It drives my wife nuts and makes mom proud.........

Think it was planned?!? :eek:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The Berkline apollo's are high on the list, however the footprint on them are rather large and the backs are kinda high. This would limit the front row to two seats and I really want three which would put one in the "sweet spot".

There are other styles that would allow for three. Our wish list includes cup holders, reclining, low-ish back, comfy, and needs to break into managable size for moving. We need butt-time in some before deciding.

The second row will probally be nice barstool types. Something with back rests.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Only here at Audioholics a person can and will be praised for being ocd/anal retentive. :D

It drives my wife nuts and makes mom proud.........

Think it was planned?!? :eek:
Yeah at least once a day I hear "Its good enough leave it alone" or "Will you sit down and relax already and top messing with that". All from the spousal unit of course. :)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
The Berkline apollo's are high on the list, however the footprint on them are rather large and the backs are kinda high. This would limit the front row to two seats and I really want three which would put one in the "sweet spot".

There are other styles that would allow for three. Our wish list includes cup holders, reclining, low-ish back, comfy, and needs to break into managable size for moving. We need butt-time in some before deciding.

The second row will probally be nice barstool types. Something with back rests.
Yeah when I eventually buy or build my own home I plan on having a front row of seats, directly behind them would be a bar/countertop type area with back rest bar stools. That way if you want to have dinner and watch a TV Show or movie (I do this often) it is easeir to do so and less risk of spilling something on your nice expensive chairs.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Yeah when I eventually buy or build my own home I plan on having a front row of seats, directly behind them would be a bar/countertop type area with back rest bar stools. That way if you want to have dinner and watch a TV Show or movie (I do this often) it is easeir to do so and less risk of spilling something on your nice expensive chairs.
This is exactly what we're thinking. We'll probally use a movable sofa table for this as we use the system for more than movies.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Decorating pics.

The wiring for the RF base will be hidden soon.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looking good!

BTW, I think that most of us want to see behind that closed door next to your equipment rack. :D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
BTW, I think that most of us want to see behind that closed door next to your equipment rack. :D
Lol, I needed a lamp of some sort to supplement the spotlights. I had that one laying around a thought why not.

I want to have one made to replace it though. Something more theater related.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I was recently corrected about the "live nudes" sign. The wife read the recent post and pointed out that she usually gets dressed in the walk-in.

Sign stays.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Plans shaping up.

We've decided on three seats for the front row, Palliser 41946 Bullet power recline with lighting and butt kickers.

The back row is getting an 48"H x 82"W x 24"D bar with stools. (Suweeeet!)

We're looking real hard at the JVC RS50U 3D D-ila projector also. I'm STOKED! We should have everything here and setup in a couple of weeks.:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We've decided on three seats for the front row, Palliser 41946 Bullet power recline with lighting and butt kickers.

The back row is getting an 48"H x 82"W x 24"D bar with stools. (Suweeeet!)

We're looking real hard at the JVC RS50U 3D D-ila projector also. I'm STOKED! We should have everything here and setup in a couple of weeks.:D
Cool! Should be a really nice set up.:cool:

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The bar and seats have been ordered. Just waiting for a hold to be lifted on some funds we deposited to order the PJ and glasses.

*Rant on* We're members of a credit union. This credit union has a limit of $5K for online transactions. Okay, I understand that's for security but, even in person we can't get that raised for a purchase. So in order to buy the projector I have to get a cashiers check and mail it in? How F'n secure is that? *Rant off*

Probably opening a new checking account soon. Taking suggestions.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Will the shop take more than one payment? If so, does your credit union allow for over $5k to go to the same site if there's more than one transaction?

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
It's a daily limit.

It'd take three days to pay, may as well send a check at that speed.

At least I know our money is safe. If i can't get it, you can't either!

We'll overcome this hurdle, just annoying as heck.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis