Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Um, the entire outside of most superbikes are plastic....... just sayin'.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, that's definitely a good point. Maybe you should just put tape over the entire bike :D

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I've never seen tape, I have seen white fur before though! Reminded me of The Never Ending Story in some vague way.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ah.

(this message is too short, so i'm typing this)
Um, the entire outside of most superbikes are plastic....... just sayin'.
Yeah, that's definitely a good point. Maybe you should just put tape over the entire bike :D
When a headlight or turnsignal breaks or shatters it breaks in little sharp peices and the body panels on the bikes are a different type of plastic that's more flexible and generaly wont shatter into little peices and scatter all over the track that wont picture a tire and they generaly stay intact or break off in big peices witch ive never saw happen my many years at the track so I imagine that's why. BLindimg head lights is not why there taped.;)

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Just ribbin' ya....

On a seperate note, why didn't you tell us you're a hot dishwater blonde who models at bike events?

We'd be so much nicer to 'ya.:D

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
My first spill on track came from a lower fairing laying in a turn. Might as well been wet leaves the way the bike shot out from under me.

The rules for track days come with a bit of tongue in cheek from me. They worry about some things to no end, and let obvious ones go. I was taught to cover the speed also, so I'd focus on the R.P.M.'s and not the speed. My bike looks a bit like a mummy when I hit the track.

But, as long as they keep holding 'em, I'll play along.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Just ribbin' ya....

On a seperate note, why didn't you tell us you're a hot dishwater blonde who models at bike events?

We'd be so much nicer to 'ya.:D
LOL No worries I was responding with my droid bouncing in the back of a truck that was a ribbing in itself . I havent been around in a while and forgot that you play rough :p Bad news though I will never be a hot blonde and if I was I'd never leave my house because i'd be so happy with myself :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

My first spill on track came from a lower fairing laying in a turn. Might as well been wet leaves the way the bike shot out from under me.

The rules for track days come with a bit of tongue in cheek from me. They worry about some things to no end, and let obvious ones go. I was taught to cover the speed also, so I'd focus on the R.P.M.'s and not the speed. My bike looks a bit like a mummy when I hit the track.

But, as long as they keep holding 'em, I'll play along.
LOL So true I saw someone pull half of a carbon fiber muffler off the track before :eek: Man that would suck hitting a peice from another bike ! Glad you didnt get hurt that could of been ugly . My track is pretty clean and well kept so im pretty lucky they have turn marshals at almost every corner looking for wrecks and debri . Very glad to because the front straight I hit between 140mph and 160mph deppending on my mood lol and that would be bad if anything was laying on it .

TheFactor

TheFactor

I've never seen tape, I have seen white fur before though! Reminded me of The Never Ending Story in some vague way.
I use painters tape it works the best and easy to remove as long as you unplug your headlight so it doesnt heat up the tape .

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Yep, learned that one the hard way.

Some point during the day I hit the high beams and turned 200 MPH tape into perma-sludge. I thought I'd never get it off.....

Man this talk is making me NEED a ride.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Yep, learned that one the hard way.

Some point during the day I hit the high beams and turned 200 MPH tape into perma-sludge. I thought I'd never get it off.....

Man this talk is making me NEED a ride.
Me to im feeling the need to, I just signed up for 2 trackdays in July:eek: and to top it off and end the week 2 20 minute sessions after 16 hours the week previous :D BTW I cant imagine how much fun it was getting that tape off !!

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Took another look at the room today and I believe I'm stepping down to 5.2. I just can't figure out how to run the rears due to the doors at the back of the room.

I'm thinking a perfectly setup 5.2 trumps a poorly implemented 7.2. (I'm trying to convince myself this is true)

After all my surrounds are dipolar and I was using bookshelf speakers for the rears. The only way to run 'em would put them very close behind and very high up. I'm thinking it will break the immersion anytime a sound is discreetly mixed to a rear speaker as I'm sure I would notice it's coming from ten feet up.

The side surrounds are in the perfect position for dipoles.

Also, I know the bookshelf speakers could be used for heights or wides but I'm not really thrilled by the idea of creating mix cues that don't exist on the original material.

Have I lost my mind?

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Club lights.

I went out last night for a friends Birthday at a club. The pathetic light show reminded me that I had promised to put up a video. Sorry for the song choice, the lights are sound activated and really repond well to it.

Pics of the new theater set-up will be up in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The theater is nearly comeplete now with the exception of seating. We're going to be rockin' "umbrella" type lawn chairs for a while as we save up for some nice seats. Enjoy the pics and as always feel free to share ideas and suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The front wall, ceiling, and rear wall were painted Mouse ears black. The side walls were painted with a custom matched dark green.

As for the layout, the theater is setup lenghtwise in the room. We were able to run it 7.1 by turning the rear surround speakers on their sides to clear the doors. The dipole surrounds are exactly at 66% of the rooms length which corresponds to where the listeners ears will be.

The pair of SVS pb13 ultras are placed midway along the side walls opposed to each other.

We also replaced the ceiling fan with a trio of 50 watt halogen mini spots run from a digital dimmer.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The club lights are not going up in a permenant manner this time. We've decided to buy a free-standing truss system that can be set up when the mood strikes us

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That is a pretty impressive light setup as well. Definitely could have used something like that during parties I've had in the past :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis