Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I also have questions.

1. What would account for the uninfected seemingly becoming "smarter" in the quarantine period?

2. What would account for both groups appearing to decline significantly after 90 days?
1727539649182.png

No, you're not reading it wrong. Both your questions reflect the unreliability of unblinded self-assessments.

Your first question suggests the number of people in the study group was too small. Is that a real difference, or would these apparent differences go away in a larger group?

Your second question about the significant decline in both groups after 90 days, suggests how big a factor motivation played in these self-assessments. After 90 days it might have been too boring to perform those same tests again.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@mtrot
You read this graph more carefully than I did. After I saw the Y axis label "Baseline Corrected Global Composite Cognitive Score (SDU)" I shrugged and gave up looking at it more closely. What does that title mean? What does SDU stand for?

It looks to me like the Y axis is a ratio of some kind with positive and negative values, with zero in the middle. Are these ratios, corrected (normalized) to something? Are differences between ratios of zero and +0.5 to +1.5 large or small? Any thing that compares corrected ratios has a significant error built into it. If you show scores with less correction, without a multiplication or division step in it, these errors will be smaller.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
In what way did you feel that? Covid shot makes my arm a bit stiff, not the flue. No running nose are anything.
The senior flu shot made my arm hurt more than the covid. I believe the overall body aches were due the covid shot as that has happened to me in the past. The difference is that I took alieve this time which I never did in the past. Still felt bad but not horrible. Anyway 2 days later all good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis