Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I want that 5th. Is this the new just approved update?
It's not the new one. I received it on August 23rd, only a couple of days before our government announced about the availability of the new bivalent vaccine.

I guess I shall be good for another 3-4 months before I get eligible for another booster shot.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's not the new one. I received it on August 23rd, only a couple of days before our government announced about the availability of the new bivalent vaccine.

I guess I shall be good for another 3-4 months before I get eligible for another booster shot.
I'm waiting for human trials to be completed. Sounds like late October or November.

I think I saw that they are giving the OK to have the bivalent shot with as little as two months separating a previous booster.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm waiting for human trials to be completed. Sounds like late October or November.

I think I saw that they are giving the OK to have the bivalent shot with as little as two months separating a previous booster.
If that is the case, I need to make an appointment. :D
Then I should be immune to everything. :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If that is the case, I need to make an appointment. :D
Then I should be immune to everything. :D
You will be immune only to the BA.1 variant with this bivalent vaccine. But it will still protect somehow better than the first batch of vaccine against the newer variants. The aim is to protect us from serious infection and hospitalization.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You will be immune only to the BA.1 variant with this bivalent vaccine. But it will still protect somehow better than the first batch of vaccine against the newer variants. The aim is to protect us from serious infection and hospitalization.
I thought this would be my last vaccine for everything. ;):D

That hole in my left shoulder is getting larger with each shot. Tired of explaining to people. :D :D :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I thought this would be my last vaccine for everything. ;):D

That hole in my left shoulder is getting larger with each shot. Tired of explaining to people. :D :D :D
Ask to be jabbed in the right shoulder for a change. :D:D:D:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it finally caught up with me. :(

Wife and I accompanied our daughter to start her third year at university and stayed with my sister. Daughter moved into on-campus residence on the 3rd (Sunday). There was a big residence meet & greet that evening and by the following Tuesday, she was symptomatic and tested positive the following day. So, she contracted COVID on her first day back at school.:rolleyes:

Even after she moved in, she was still spending a lot of time with us. After her positive test, we tried to limit our direct contact with her, although we felt that it was probably too late. Even so, all week long we felt fine with no positive tests. I was running almost every day, including 8km on Friday - felt fine. Didn't run on Saturday, because we were getting sideswiped by Hurricane Earl.

On Sunday morning, we headed to the airport for our flight home. By the time we arrived home, we were both symptomatic and tested positive with rapid antigen tests. In the meantime, both my sister and BIL are sick and have tested positive.

We are both quite congested, with sinus headache and general malaise. I am currently sweating like Donald Trump in church.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
We are both quite congested, with sinus headache and general malaise.I am currently sweating like Donald Trump in church.
Welcome to the club. I was initiated last spring. I had similar symptoms. Take whatever over the counter medications work for you. I used ibuprofen for headache & general malaise, and Mucinex DM at night to suppress coughing and allow me to sleep.
I am currently sweating like Donald Trump in church.
I'd like to see that.

A more welcome sight would be Donald Trump sweating in court.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the club. I was initiated last spring. I had similar symptoms. Take whatever over the counter medications work for you. I used ibuprofen for headache & general malaise, and Mucinex DM at night to suppress coughing and allow me to sleep.
I'd like to see that.

A more welcome sight would be Donald Trump sweating in court.
I just wish somebody would have warned me that the ultraviolet light would be so...uncomfortable. :eek:

:D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, it finally caught up with me. :(

Wife and I accompanied our daughter to start her third year at university and stayed with my sister. Daughter moved into on-campus residence on the 3rd (Sunday). There was a big residence meet & greet that evening and by the following Tuesday, she was symptomatic and tested positive the following day. So, she contracted COVID on her first day back at school.:rolleyes:

Even after she moved in, she was still spending a lot of time with us. After her positive test, we tried to limit our direct contact with her, although we felt that it was probably too late. Even so, all week long we felt fine with no positive tests. I was running almost every day, including 8km on Friday - felt fine. Didn't run on Saturday, because we were getting sideswiped by Hurricane Earl.

On Sunday morning, we headed to the airport for our flight home. By the time we arrived home, we were both symptomatic and tested positive with rapid antigen tests. In the meantime, both my sister and BIL are sick and have tested positive.

We are both quite congested, with sinus headache and general malaise. I am currently sweating like Donald Trump in church.
Welcome to the club.

I'm sure every case is different, but I was surprised at how quickly the symptoms progressed when I had it. Fortunately the fever subsided quickly.

My wife an I had started on Paxlovid but I didn't complete the full course because the sides were bothering me. I suspect it may have helped, but it's hard to say for sure.

FWIW my pace while running is still about a minute per mile slower than it was before I got COVID (with the same BPM). I'm not sure if that's a lingering effect of COVID itself, or if it's due to not running regularly for about 2-3 weeks and I'm still not completely back in shape relative to where I was before. If you don't mind posting, I'd be curious what your experience is once you do get over it.

My last piece of unsolicited advice: Try to not think about Trump in church as it may contribute to feeling nauseous!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the club.

I'm sure every case is different, but I was surprised at how quickly the symptoms progressed when I had it. Fortunately the fever subsided quickly.

My wife an I had started on Paxlovid but I didn't complete the full course because the sides were bothering me. I suspect it may have helped, but it's hard to say for sure.

FWIW my pace while running is still about a minute per mile slower than it was before I got COVID (with the same BPM). I'm not sure if that's a lingering effect of COVID itself, or if it's due to not running regularly for about 2-3 weeks and I'm still not completely back in shape relative to where I was before. If you don't mind posting, I'd be curious what your experience is once you do get over it.

My last piece of unsolicited advice: Try to not think about Trump in church as it may contribute to feeling nauseous!
Paxlovid is only being prescribed here for the coffin-dodger demographic or those with underlying conditions that may exacerbate the effects of the infection.

I'll certainly let you know this plays out.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Paxlovid is only being prescribed here for the coffin-dodger demographic or those with underlying conditions that may exacerbate the effects of the infection.
I have mixed opinions about Paxlovid. I took a 5-day course when I first became infected with Covid-19. It worked well enough to leave me symptom-free and negative for viral antigens – for 2 or 3 days. Then I tested positive again for another 7 days, or so. The symptoms were less, but I tested positive for that long after Paxlovid. No 2nd course of Paxlovid was available for me until 2 weeks after I finished the first one.

I am partially immune suppressed due to taking 2 drugs (Humira & methotrexate) that block inflammation. That's probably why I rebounded, but I can't be certain about that. If I could have taken Paxlovid longer, say for 7 or 10 days, it might have worked better. In my internist's practice, 2 other patients had similar experience as I did. All 3 of us were partially immune suppressed or immune compromised for various different reasons.

Paxlovid worked well for my wife.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the club.

Well, it's been a week. The intensive sweats lasted about 3 days, then petered off over the subsequent day or two. The sinus congestion followed a similar pattern. The sore throat was pretty uncomfortable and was intense for about 5 days. Right now, I have a bit of post-nasal drip. That's about it.

My wife and I have been going for long walks for the last 3-4 days, being careful to avoid other people. Yesterday, I hit the treadmill and did an easy 5km, which I didn't find difficult at all. I'll probably run again today and dial up the speed a bit.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
OH, Biden has declared COVID is over. I guess him getting COVID a few times in the same month doesn't count, but his vaccinations protected him. In Daytona we had a 35 year old pass from COVID, he didn't have any shots and his wife noted, he was just to stubborn. So COVID is still valid for those that are NOT vaccinated and the elderly with health issues in my opinion.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
OH, Biden has declared COVID is over. I guess him getting COVID a few times in the same month doesn't count, but his vaccinations protected him. In Daytona we had a 35 year old pass from COVID, he didn't have any shots and his wife noted, he was just to stubborn. So COVID is still valid for those that are NOT vaccinated and the elderly with health issues in my opinion.
To be honest, I don’t have sympathy anymore for anti-vaxxers. If you have medical reasons, then of course, it’s very different.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
To be honest, I don’t have sympathy anymore for anti-vaxxers. If you have medical reasons, then of course, it’s very different.
Agree, a lot of these anti's, have passed or gotten really sick with long lasting health issues. COVID can either kill ya, or make you sick and if its mild some of these people end up with long covid that can stay with you for months and maybe years impacting your daya to day like. OF course people that have been vacinaated to include boosters can get covid and even long covid.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis