Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This morning, I got a flu vaccine shot in one shoulder, and a Moderna bivalent Covid-19 vaccine in the other.

That's the 5th Covid-19 vaccination I've had since March 2021. All without significant side reaction.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This morning, I got a flu vaccine shot in one shoulder, and a Moderna bivalent Covid-19 vaccine in the other.

That's the 5th Covid-19 vaccination I've had since March 2021. All without significant side reaction.
You are now more micro-machine than human.
:p

I kid...
I'm really hoping we get finalized human trials soon. I had heard that it should be done November.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Got the latest COVID booster last night. Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent.

Today:
Sore arm
Slight achiness
Fatigue
Feel slightly "fluish" (is that a word?)
General malaise
Feel feverish (no fever)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
There are over 300 Omicron subvariants reported on this planet. Even some white tail deers in Canada are carrying the virus. No, we are not through with Covid-19.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There are over 300 Omicron subvariants reported on this planet. Even some white tail deers in Canada are carrying the virus. No, we are not through with Covid-19.
Yeah, I've seen quite a few articles recently about all the variants circulating right now. It does not give me the warm fuzzies.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Looks like BU has come up with the perfect storm covid variant(80% mortality) that the Democrats could use to lock down their states again! Way to go, BU.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yup. Maybe they have adequate security, but didn't they watch Outbreak?!:cool:
Did you miss these parts?

"When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died...

“In fact, this research made the virus replicate less dangerous,” the university added. "

ie. It made it less deadly than the original strain.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Did you miss these parts?

"When mice were infected with just the original, ancestral virus strain, 100% of the mice died...

“In fact, this research made the virus replicate less dangerous,” the university added. "

ie. It made it less deadly than the original strain.
Of course, I saw that. But did you miss this part?

"The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived".

And,

"while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate."

So, what they've come up with is slightly less lethal than the original virus, but orders of magnitude more lethal than the currently circulating BA.1 variant.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Of course, I saw that. But did you miss this part?

"The scientists in BU’s National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories found that all mice infected with only the BA.1 omicron variant had mild cases and survived".

And,

"while the combined omicron spike protein with original COVID-19 virus strain inflicted severe disease with an 80% mortality rate."

So, what they've come up with is slightly less lethal than the original virus, but orders of magnitude more lethal than the currently circulating BA.1 variant.
Yes I read that, but your initial statement only talked about one part of the article while excluding everything else.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis