panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have to wonder about what the WHO is trying to accomplish with its rhetoric about vaccine distribution. A guilt trip?

The constant bitching about vaccinations proceeding more quickly in rich countries than poor countries is so totally predictable; I can't believe the complaining I'm hearing about it. Without rich countries there wouldn't be vaccines, and it's just a reality of the current world order that nations exist, nationalism exists, borders exist, and country leaders feel they have a responsibility to their citizens. There is no way that any country is going to decide to vaccinate poorer countries, which in total have a larger population than rich countries, before their own citizens, in some equitable percentage of the total world population.

Even if nations and their leaders got far more altruistic than is reality, the math doesn't work. According to this website:

About 500 million doses have been administered as I type this, including about 157 million in China. There are 7.9 billion people on the planet. Most concerning, manufacturing these vaccines are not like making plastic toys, and there's more proof of that every week. This week J&J has severely cut back distribution of their highly sought after vaccine due to manufacturing problems, and in the process that's going to reduce the amount of AZ vaccine manufactured, because apparently they were made in the same contract facility and some ingredients got mixed up (I know I'm over-simplifying). And two of three US vaccines have refrigeration requirements that probably are unacceptable in most developing countries. I guess miracles never happen quickly enough.
As you said, inflammatory rhetoric. Especially when the WHO gets its funding from those rich countries.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well I'm just going to go by what the CDC notes on their site, and what my doctors at Mayo in Jacksonville are telling me at this time. Going to play it safe, why risk it. .

"
COVID-19 vaccines will help protect you from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19

• Large-scale clinical trials found that COVID-19 vaccination prevented most people from getting COVID-19.
  • All COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are effective at preventing COVID-19.
  • It typically takes about two weeks for the body to build protection after vaccination. That means it is possible you could still get COVID-19 soon after vaccination. This is because your body has not had enough time to build full protection.
  • Some people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get sick because the vaccines are not 100% effective. When this happens, vaccination might help keep you from getting seriously ill, based on data from clinical studies. "
I certainly don't disagree with this.

What I disagreed with in the prior post was "The vaccine will not stop a person from getting covid . . ."

And, great news on beating cancer! Mayo is a world class organization.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I have to wonder about what the WHO is trying to accomplish with its rhetoric about vaccine distribution. A guilt trip?

The constant bitching about vaccinations proceeding more quickly in rich countries than poor countries is so totally predictable; I can't believe the complaining I'm hearing about it. Without rich countries there wouldn't be vaccines, and it's just a reality of the current world order that nations exist, nationalism exists, borders exist, and country leaders feel they have a responsibility to their citizens. There is no way that any country is going to decide to vaccinate poorer countries, which in total have a larger population than rich countries, before their own citizens, in some equitable percentage of the total world population.

Even if nations and their leaders got far more altruistic than is reality, the math doesn't work. According to this website:
It appears to me that almost every country, including India, is favoring their own people.

>>>A stricken India will set back the global effort. The government has restricted vaccine exports to the country’s own needs. . . . For months, the Serum Institute of India, one of the world’s largest vaccine makers, boasted of a major stockpile of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, which makes up the bulk of the country’s drive. The government even launched a “vaccine diplomacy” campaign that sent doses to other countries.

But the initial rollout within India was slowed by complacency and plagued with public skepticism, including questions about the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and lack of disclosure about an Indian-developed dose. Now the vaccination program is not matching the spread. The Serum Institute has said that practically all of its daily production of about two million doses will over the next two months go to the government, delaying commitments to other countries.<<<

I find it strangely reassuring that India also has wacky politicians:

>>>Tirath Singh Rawat, the state’s chief minister, said no one would face restrictions as “the faith in God will overcome the fear of Covid-19.” Days later, Mr. Rawat tested positive for Covid.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I find it strangely reassuring that India also has wacky politicians:

>>>Tirath Singh Rawat, the state’s chief minister, said no one would face restrictions as “the faith in God will overcome the fear of Covid-19.” Days later, Mr. Rawat tested positive for Covid.<<<
Just when I think India might be gaining ground on the U.S. in the race to wackiness, Ted Nugent comes through and proves we're still number 1.

>>>Explaining his skepticism towards the pandemic more broadly, Nugent says, "I'm addicted to truth, logic, and common sense and my common sense meter would demand the answer to, 'Why weren't we shut down for COVID 1-18?'" He continues, "There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID 1-18 didn't shut anything down. But whoa—COVID-19."<<<

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Just when I think India might be gaining ground on the U.S. in the race to wackiness, Ted Nugent comes through and proves we're still number 1.

>>>Explaining his skepticism towards the pandemic more broadly, Nugent says, "I'm addicted to truth, logic, and common sense and my common sense meter would demand the answer to, 'Why weren't we shut down for COVID 1-18?'" He continues, "There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID 1-18 didn't shut anything down. But whoa—COVID-19."<<<

Let's see, who was dumber? Ted Nugent, for being an ignorant fool, or Newsweek, for wasting time reporting on the rantings of a fool. I'll call it a tie.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
It appears to me that almost every country, including India, is favoring their own people.
That's exactly my point. The WHO is pissing in the wind. If a nation was starving, would you expect its officials to be giving a large portion of its food to another country with nutrition issues for reasons of equity? I don't think that would fly with the populace.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

I bet Nugent got that from Kelly Anne when she said on air "Well what about the other covids?!"

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And, great news on beating cancer! Mayo is a world class organization.
As far as beating cancer,, thank you, but I have a ways to go. As I graduate from my current Mayo doctors visits every 3 months to every 6 months then to once a year then I will thank all and take a breath of some relief. I also go back every 3 months, to see my dentist as head & neck radiation can screw up your teeth and jaw if not maintained and monitored.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Let's see, who was dumber? Ted Nugent, for being an ignorant fool, or Newsweek, for wasting time reporting on the rantings of a fool. I'll call it a tie.

I don't know if the numbers are true or not, but if the "world" puts this much effort into stopping a "virus" into Cancer, well things could change, but since cancer is such a money making business, I'm still paying for it after insurance ( good insurance ) I just don't see that happening. . IN 2020, in the US, 1,806,590 New cases were reported if I read the numbers correctly, there were 606,520 deaths.

Worldwide number report in 2018 there were 18.1 million cases of cancer, with 9.5 million deaths. Put that covid-19 effort into curing cancer then we have something.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Newsweek is very far from the first-rate news weekly that it once was. Ted Nugent, on the other hand, is reliably unchanged.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know if the numbers are true or not, but if the "world" puts this much effort into stopping a "virus" into Cancer, well things could change, but since cancer is such a money making business, I'm still paying for it after insurance ( good insurance ) I just don't see that happening. . IN 2020, in the US, 1,806,590 New cases were reported if I read the numbers correctly, there were 606,520 deaths.

Worldwide number report in 2018 there were 18.1 million cases of cancer, with 9.5 million deaths. Put that covid-19 effort into curing cancer then we have something.
Science and medicine know all about how to make vaccines that prevent viral diseases. It's been done for many years. That's why those new vaccines against corona virus were developed so fast. Vaccines are cheap and highly effective.

Cancer is an entirely different story. First of all, cancer isn't one single disease – there are at least 90 different types of cancer, with different causes (mostly unknown) and different treatments (mostly expensive). But there has been progress. In men, deaths due to lung, colorectal, and prostate cancer have fallen off significantly. In women, similar improvements are seen in lung, colorectal and breast cancers. With lung cancer, improvements were seen after fewer people smoked. More recently, new treatments have helped. Most of the improvements for other cancers have come only through increased screening. We don't really have better treatments for colorectal, prostate or breast cancers, but earlier detection has led to successful surgical cures. If we only had vaccines that prevented cancer…
1618090923833.png

1618090964532.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis