Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Noticeably more mask wearing around the gun club today, perhaps some of the extreme 'trumpeters' are finally starting to realize this thing is real !

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Noticeably more mask wearing around the gun club today, perhaps some of the extreme 'trumpeters' are finally starting to realize this thing is real !
Do they seem irritable? Might be due to the requirement to wear a mask- you know how people don't like being told to do something they disagree with.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Do they seem irritable? Might be due to the requirement to wear a mask- you know how people don't like being told to do something they disagree with.
no, I would say far and away the majority of the members are respectful of those around them. I know my squad does the right thing.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
11/15,000 with vaccine
185/15,000 with placebo
That's what CNN said.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This provides some insight into what was happening in China early on. It will be interesting to see how the Chinese government reacts to this. It will be difficult to unring this bell, but I'm sure they'll try.

>>>The Wuhan files
Leaked documents reveal China's mishandling of the early stages of Covid-19 . . .

The documents, which cover an incomplete period between October 2019 and April this year, reveal what appears to be an inflexible health care system constrained by top-down bureaucracy and rigid procedures that were ill-equipped to deal with the emerging crisis. At several critical moments in the early phase of the pandemic, the documents show evidence of clear missteps and point to a pattern of institutional failings.

One of the more striking data points concerns the slowness with which local Covid-19 patients were diagnosed. Even as authorities in Hubei presented their handling of the initial outbreak to the public as efficient and transparent, the documents show that local health officials were reliant on flawed testing and reporting mechanisms. A report in the documents from early March says the average time between the onset of symptoms to confirmed diagnosis was 23.3 days, which experts have told CNN would have significantly hampered steps to both monitor and combat the disease. . . .

"It was clear they did make mistakes -- and not just mistakes that happen when you're dealing with a novel virus -- also bureaucratic and politically-motivated errors in how they handled it," said Yanzhong Huang, a senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations, who has written extensively on public health in China. "These had global consequences. You can never guarantee 100% transparency. It's not just about any intentional cover-up, you are also constrained with by technology and other issues with a novel virus. But even if they had been 100% transparent, that would not stop the Trump administration downplaying the seriousness of it. It would probably not have stopped this developing into a pandemic." . . .

The documents have been verified by six independent experts who examined the veracity of their content on behalf of CNN. One expert with close ties to China reported seeing some of the reports during confidential research earlier this year. A European security official with knowledge of Chinese internal documents and procedures also confirmed to CNN that the files were genuine.

Metadata from the files seen by CNN contains the names of serving CDC officials as modifiers and authors. The metadata creation dates align with the content of the documents. Digital forensic analysis was also performed to test their computer code against their purported origins.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm assuming a lot of people already saw the reports today about the new Moderna vaccine trial data, but here it is just in case you missed it. Given all of the early statements by experts setting low expectations for the first vaccines, the news is quite remarkable.

>>>'Absolutely remarkable’: No one who got Moderna’s vaccine in trial developed severe COVID-19

. . .Continuing the spate of stunning news about COVID-19 vaccines, the biotech company Moderna announced the final results of the 30,000-person efficacy trial for its candidate in a press release today: Only 11 people who received two doses of the vaccine developed COVID-19 symptoms after being infected with the pandemic coronavirus, versus 185 symptomatic cases in a placebo group. That is an efficacy of 94.1%, the company says, far above what many vaccine scientists were expecting just a few weeks ago.

More impressive still, Moderna’s candidate had 100% efficacy against severe disease. There were zero such COVID-19 cases among those vaccinated, but 30 in the placebo group. The company today plans to file a request for emergency use authorization (EUA) for its vaccine with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is also seeking a similar green light from the European Medicines Agency.<<<

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like Trumps covid chief expert Scott Atlas has just resigned. Should have never held that position in the first place.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Breaking news. The Cove-Idiot and Dumpf sycophant Dr Scott Atlas has resigned. He has been pedaling false information, lies and nonsense as a special adviser to the 'President' and clashing with the sensible members of the Coronavirus task force. Hopefully the states in which he is licensed will start proceedings to remove him of his medical license. This idiot has been a total embarrassment to the profession.

highfigh

highfigh

no, I would say far and away the majority of the members are respectful of those around them. I know my squad does the right thing.
Someone I know responded to a post on Facebook and I saw the thread- it was about a 7 year old who had shot a nice buck during opening weekend of Deer hunting and had posed with it. One woman commented that "This is how it starts- soon, he'll be shooting up schools". I commented that teaching kids to respect firearms at a young age usually works out far better than being 12-15 years old, getting a gun from someone so they can rob people and in the course of a robbery, killing the victim, as had happened to the father of a friend. The 12 year old had shot him. I asked her to justify that. We recently had a 15 year old shoot up a shopping mall- I would like her to comment about that being better than hunting at a young age, but it will never happen.

My experiences at gun ranges have been good, but I have seen things at two local places that made me stop going there. Looking for a new place.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My experiences at gun ranges have been good, but I have seen things at two local places that made me stop going there. Looking for a new place.
I have been involved in competitive shooting sports for over 50 years going back to when I was in high school and I can honestly say the number of times I've experienced unsafe gun handling with other shooters I can count on one hand with fingers left over. Firearms safety and responsible ownership not only should start early but reinforcement of those practices shall remain forever vigilant.

highfigh

highfigh

I have been involved in competitive shooting sports for over 50 years going back to when I was in high school and I can honestly say the number of times I've experienced unsafe gun handling with other shooters I can count on one hand with fingers left over. Firearms safety and responsible ownership not only should start early but reinforcement of those practices shall remain forever vigilant.
You wouldn't have been a happy camper the last time I went to one place- some pinhead came down and started blasting a rifle in the lane next to the one I was in, finished a magazine, jumped up and down yelling "This is effing (not 'effing', though) great!" and ran upstairs- that place isn't a rifle range. The guy to my left fired a few rounds and stopped. Next thing I knew, someone had come down from the store and asked if he was OK, but I didn't see what happened. Don't know if the slide bit him or if he hit something on the ceiling and the round ricocheted but the guy from the store said "Let's go up and get that taken care of. Then, as if the other two incidents weren't enough, another bozo came down and set the target fairly close and started firing. Since I was reloading, I was able to notice that he fired about ten rounds, but only nicked the bottom edge of the target once. This all happened in less than one hour, on one visit. Last time I'll go there. I went to another place that seems like they're pretty conscientious and looked into the range- the floor was wet and the door had a closed sign on it, but the store itself was open. Turns out, someone had hit a pipe for the sprinkler system- maybe they should have run them along the range, rather than across. We didn't have guns when I was a kid but I had two uncles who were hunters and gun collectors. They taught me that firearms are to be respected, absolute care should be taken while handling them at all times and that if a gun is being carried, it should be made safe. They wouldn't have tolerated any carelessness.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, except the muzzle was in the wrong direction. I imagine he would have said "I didn't think it would go off- I didn't mean to.....".
The Darwin award nominee was the guy in the striped shirt. If I was him, I would never have allowed someone to point a firearm anywhere near me.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
New hospitalization numbers every day now. So so sad that people still refuse to wear masks and social distance. Freedom to spread the virus is not a freedom at all... :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis