panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
New hospitalization numbers every day now. So so sad that people still refuse to wear masks and social distance. Freedom to spread the virus is not a freedom at all... :(
Some people will go against anything that someone tells them "goes against their rights/freedom".

I'm going to start a facebook page that does nothing but talk about how spoons are communist and make up fake sources for people to "educate" their friends with. Sporks will be known as the sinful lovechild of fork and spoon and will also be outlawed. Have fun eating soup....morons.

Maybe it'll end up like the joke that one guy started about the earth being flat, but then got too big for him to come out and say "gotcha!". Pretty sure the internet would kill his family.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
You and the cult never noticed that America already was great? That we dominated the world and enjoyed the great prosperity in the history of the planet? You dopes never heard the simple expression, if it ain't broken don't fix it?

Your orange asshole tried to fix something that was not broken and made one truck of a mess. In fact, we will never again enjoy the world domination we enjoyed when your mindless idol took the reigns.

I know you understand none of this, you are too busy crying about the Mexican and the black man.

It is an immoral, unethical, unsavory cult you have pledged you allegiance to. You need to repent.
You posted so much nonsense, that i will just respond to the last and most recent one. All of your post's clearly demonstrate you are one of those unhinged far leftist liberal nut jobs. Always accusing others of which you are guilty of. If you had to even began to understand any of my post's, you would have realized i belong to neither the democrat or republican political party. I am a proud independent.
Which is why if and when one side does something good, i have no problem acknowledging it. And on the flip side i will call both sides when they are wrong, which is usually the case.

By the way, it shouldn't matter and to most it does not matter ( but to you it obviously does ) i am of Irish/Native American decent. I never cry about someone's race holding me down or what has happened in the past. I have never tried or attempted to get any special favors or incentives because of my race. Neither have any of my children. I and they were taught to stand on your own, nobody owes you nothing, no one deserves any special handouts because of how much or less skin melatonin they may have. I never cried or complained while in the USMC when people called me Chief, on the contrary, to me it was a complement. But the young people today are to soft and so easily offended. Which you seem to fall into that category as well.
And please stop trying to play the tough internet guy, i can almost guarantee you, you would Not speak to me this way in person.
I apologize to the others on this forum for even having responding to this guy. He has posted so many ignorant statements i thought i may as well give one last response in hopes of reaching through to his brain washed mind. I have made my stance pretty clear, if he or anyone else for that matter doesn't understand where i am coming from, then that's on you. There is no need for me to respond to any more of it.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Some people will go against anything that someone tells them "goes against their rights/freedom".

I'm going to start a facebook page that does nothing but talk about how spoons are communist and make up fake sources for people to "educate" their friends with. Sporks will be known as the sinful lovechild of fork and spoon and will also be outlawed. Have fun eating soup....morons.

Maybe it'll end up like the joke that one guy started about the earth being flat, but then got too big for him to come out and say "gotcha!". Pretty sure the internet would kill his family.
Good luck with facebook page. :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
New hospitalization numbers every day now. So so sad that people still refuse to wear masks and social distance. Freedom to spread the virus is not a freedom at all... :(
The "freedom riders" from Sturgis easily take the cake.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The "freedom riders" from Sturgis easily take the cake.
Agreed but I still lots of people not wearing masks or distancing here in Florida even ignoring grocery stores that require masks. Our Governor refuses to allow cities to enforce any rules as the virus rages. I hope this guy can sleep at night. :(

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good luck with facebook page. :)
Yeah, it'll be a lot of work. Plus, I don't have a facebook account so that'll have to come first.

BUT I'm off topic and I'm interested in more virus talk. Things are getting interesting/confusing and it's nice to have the smarter folks on here break down what everything means to us.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed but I still lots of people not wearing masks or distancing here in Florida even ignoring grocery stores that require masks. Our Governor refuses to allow cities to enforce any rules as the virus rages. I hope this guy can sleep at night. :(
Hope you guys vote him out. Wow. Fu*k that guy. Hope we have the same luck here in TX.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is not a surprise, but it looks like vaccines will go to healthcare workers and residents of long-term care facilities first. I will be glad to see vaccinations get started.

On a personal note, a good friend has COVID-19 and he's been on the couch with a fever for almost 2 weeks now (he's 58). Fortunately he does not seem to be having any issues with his lungs and he has not had to go to the hospital. The bad news is that he does not seem to be improving.

>>>CHICAGO (Reuters) - A panel of advisers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday voted 13-to-1 to recommend that healthcare workers and residents of long-term care facilities should be first in line to receive initial doses of COVID-19 vaccines when they become available. . . .

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said most state and local jurisdictions expect to be able to vaccinate their healthcare workforce within three weeks of receiving the first shipments of a COVID-19 vaccine. . . .

ACIP’s recommendations will be used by state and local health officials to guide their decision making about how to dole out the vaccines.

The group will meet again after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorization to review specific data from the vaccines to help determine which works best in a specific population, such as the elderly.

<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've gone back and forth and have to think if millions in America and tens if not hundreds of millions are malnourished worldwide due to covid, the question has to be asked was it worth the lockdown? There's the supposed 1.8 trillion stimulus that's been sitting there for months, but that wasn't enough it had to be 2.2 trillion according to Pelosi. I really dunno what is or isn't truth. Did the stimulus not come with a closed economy there can't be any payment? I knew after the $1200 "money doesn't grow on trees" but who really knows. If there was more available but didn't move forward due to internal squabbling than that's beyond sad. Food for thought. Comments. Whatever. I dunno the data so hopefully the food banks can save people.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
you are one of those unhinged far leftist liberal nut jobs.
I am a life long republican who did not drink the Kool-Aid.

I am a proud independent.
Someone born without a backbone. Oh I get the self folly you enjoy, fancying yourself as a free thinker. LOL

Which is why if and when one side does something good, i have no problem acknowledging it.
Tell me all the good Obie did. Tell me any good Trump did.

the young people today are to soft and so easily offended
This is a really dumb remark. People are people. We are hard coded (not that you understand). It takes hundreds of years for small changes to manifest.

you would Not speak to me this way in person.
LOL, such an appropriate post from you. Unable to defend yourself in script so you want to turn to physical violence. Very Neanderthal emotionally. Yes, I can see why you joined the Trumpist religion.

hopes of reaching through to his brain washed mind
people with ethics, morals and intellect appear brainwashed to you because of your intellectual deficits and tribal indoctrinations. Trumpisim is vile and mindless.
That you can't see this is on you.

There is no need for me to respond to any more
You have never responded to the substantive nature of the posts you quote. Instead, like here, you go on a long rant of self homage.

You are not able to debate a point or justify your political perspective.

Now, ill equipped to engage in banter that conflicts with what you want to believe, you run.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Stop the squabbling!

UK regulator approves Pfizer vaccine for emergency use. This really is the beginning of the end of this horrible pandemic. Hopefully other vaccines will be approved promptly.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Stop the squabbling!

UK regulator approves Pfizer vaccine for emergency use. This really is the beginning of the end of this horrible pandemic. Hopefully other vaccines will be approved promptly.
Sadly the worst of it lies directly in front of us. It's gonna get real bad. Real real bad.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to this study, tests on blood donated between 12/13/19 - 1/17/20 in 9 states showed SARS-CoV-2 antibody activity. In other words, it looks like the corona virus may have been spreading in the U.S. as early as December 2019.

I'm wondering what they would find if they went back even earlier.

Also, I do not know how precise these antibody tests are, which makes wonder if the results might be due to antibodies for one or more of the corona viruses that cause the common cold. For example, the CDC says that a positive antibody test might be caused by a different virus:

>>>A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance that a positive result means you have antibodies from an infection with a different virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses).<<<

This is not directly on point, but there is evidence that there is some cross reactivity in T cells:

>>>“We have now proven that, in some people, pre-existing T cell memory against common cold coronaviruses can cross-recognize SARS-CoV-2, down to the exact molecular structures,” Weiskopf says. “This could help explain why some people show milder symptoms of disease while others get severely sick.”<<<

The NIH goes on to say antibodies have not shown significant cross-reactivity:

>>>Notably, these findings contrast with those from antibodies, which haven’t shown significant cross-reactivity between common cold coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2. More research is needed to determine whether immune cell cross-reactivity contributes to the wide range of symptoms seen with COVID-19.<<<

On the face of it, this seems somewhat contradictory to the CDC statement (if one assumes that "significant cross-reactivity" is required to test positive for antibodies). The NIH item seems to suggest that the tests run on the donated blood probably were detecting SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, not antibodies to one of the corona viruses that cause the common cold.

Having said that, it's still unclear to me how solid the evidence (antibody tests) using donated blood is with regards to the SARS-CoV-2 virus being present in the U.S. as early as December 2019. I guess it's mostly academic at this point.

highfigh

highfigh

As Jack Nicholson said in the movie 'As Good As It Gets', "Go be crazy somewhere else- we're all stocked up".

highfigh

highfigh

I suspect a few of them would be holding a gun to their own head and when someone yells "NO! Don't do it!", they would say "Don't tell me what to do!".

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Sadly the worst of it lies directly in front of us. It's gonna get real bad. Real real bad.
That is correct, but to a large extent you can control your own destiny. It is time to protect yourselves and family and take maximum precautions, especially of you are older.

The game now is to be alive and well when it is your turn for a vaccine. That is the mantra from now on.

Again let is keep this thread on track. I would point out that this publication was one of the first in the US to post accurate information and forecasts of this pandemic. We were in the forefront of accurate information. Let's keep that up and on track.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
... I would point out that this publication was one of the first in the US to post accurate information and forecasts of this pandemic. We were in the forefront of accurate information. Let's keep that up and on track.
By "this publication" you mean this thread?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

By "this publication" you mean this thread?
Audioholics is an electronic media publication which contains this thread. So the answer is yes. I would also point out that this thread has had 133,000 views, and I would venture to suggest that they are not all AV enthusiasts.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Stop the squabbling!

Our hospital is supposed to be administering the Pfizer vaccine "mid December" to staff members who are in direct contact with COVID patients.

Will see. But any day now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis