lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Trump just tanked the DJIA by several hundred points by declaring that the recent explosion of US COVID19 cases are just a conspiracy by the fake news media:

He may actually believe his own bullshit. What a maroon.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's more good news (albeit preliminary) with regards to the Oxford vaccine:

>>>LONDON (Reuters) - One of the world’s leading COVID-19 experimental vaccines produces an immune response in both young and old adults, raising hopes of a path out of the gloom and economic destruction wrought by the novel coronavirus. The vaccine, developed by the University of Oxford, also triggers lower adverse responses among the elderly, British drug maker AstraZeneca Plc, which is helping manufacture the vaccine, said on Monday.<<<

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Don't those valves release unfiltered air, when the primary purpose in wearing a mask is to protect others? Just asking, as I'm not positive.
You are absolutely right! I've just verified and CDC and Canadian Health Officials don't recommend masks with valves, as the expelled CO2 and air are not filtered. So the valves actually defeat the purpose of a face mask to protect others from Covid-19 aerosols.

I usually check on the web before purchasing stuff, but I didn't do it for masks as I had figured that the valves were well designed and adequately filtered the expelled aerosols.

Thanks for your reply.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
He may actually believe his own bullshit. What a maroon.
With all due respect, I beg to differ. You are being much too charitable. A "moron" has an IQ of 51-70, which is clearly not true in this case. I believe "idiot" (IQ between 0-25)is the proper term:

>>>"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale.[6] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25). The word moron, along with others including, "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated in use by psychologists.

In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people (morons and feeble-minded) were said to have "mild mental retardation", "mild mental subnormality" or "high-grade defect" with IQ 50–70.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
You are absolutely right! I've just verified and CDC and Canadian Health Officials don't recommend masks with valves, as the expelled CO2 and air are not filtered. So the valves actually defeat the purpose of a face mask to protect others from Covid-19 aerosols.

I usually check on the web before purchasing stuff, but I didn't do it for masks as I had figured that the valves were well designed and adequately filtered the expelled aerosols.

Thanks for your reply.
For what it's worth, I had some left over N95 masks with valves that I used early on. At least for these masks, the valve did not pop open unless I exhaled quite strongly. It is also possible to block the valve so it cannot allow air to escape. Just an FYI in case the only available masks have valves (I have since bought N95 masks without valves just to be sure).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With all due respect, I beg to differ. You are being much too charitable. A "moron" has an IQ of 51-70, which is clearly not true in this case. I believe "idiot" (IQ between 0-25)is the proper term:

>>>"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale.[6] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25). The word moron, along with others including, "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated in use by psychologists.

In the obsolete medical classification (ICD-9, 1977), these people (morons and feeble-minded) were said to have "mild mental retardation", "mild mental subnormality" or "high-grade defect" with IQ 50–70.<<<

I mean maroon in the Bugs Bunny way.... :)
what a maroon.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Trump just tanked the DJIA by several hundred points by declaring that the recent explosion of US COVID19 cases are just a conspiracy by the fake news media:

I think part of that is the failure to resolve the Covid relief act which I blame on both parties. But yes I agree that the current Covid response by the WH is truly abysmal. So many lives lost and this Administration just carries on....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think part of that is the failure to resolve the Covid relief act which I blame on both parties. But yes I agree that the current Covid response by the WH is truly abysmal. So many lives lost and this Administration just carries on....
It's not as if the blame is equal.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Part of the high number of cases is because of an aid package? Or because drumphy claims its fake news?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Which reminds me of one of my favorite Looney Toon scenes:

"Breathe stupid!"

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't those valves release unfiltered air, when the primary purpose in wearing a mask is to protect others? Just asking, as I'm not positive.
It really doesn't release unfiltered air- I use those and can blow more air past the edge, even though I press it to fit around my beak and it has a gasket around that area, although it isn't as easy to pass air through it as my respirator mask, which has a rubber diaphragm that makes an audible click when exhaling. I haven't really noticed, though- I'll check when I go out.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, that's why CDC guidance says valved masks should not be used as they don't provide for source control. They are not allowed for use at my job either for this reason.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
NYT report: : "Some Covid Survivors Have Antibodies That Attack the Body, not Virus"

I have to admit I did not realize that this could happen. Based on this article, it sounds like production of autoantibodies might explain quite a few of the health problems associated with COVID-19. Unfortunately, it sounds like a cure is not in sight.

>>>Some survivors of Covid-19 carry worrying signs that their immune system has turned on the body, reminiscent of potentially debilitating diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, a new study has found.

At some point, the body’s defense system in these patients shifted into attacking itself, rather than the virus, the study suggests. The patients are producing molecules called “autoantibodies” that target genetic material from human cells, instead of from the virus.

This misguided immune response may exacerbate severe Covid-19. It may also explain why so-called “long haulers” have lingering problems months after their initial illness has resolved and the virus is gone from their bodies.<<<

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Yes, that's why CDC guidance says valved masks should not be used as they don't provide for source control. They are not allowed for use at my job either for this reason.
I disagree, old susceptible people should use valved masks. This is really an exercise to save our elderly most susceptible, most everyone else isn’t at risk.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I disagree, old susceptible people should use valved masks. This is really an exercise to save our elderly most susceptible, most everyone else isn’t at risk.
Could you say something more stupid?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis