M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center was created in 2011, combining Walter Reed Army Hospital with Bethesda Naval Hospital. The location is on the site of the Bethesda Naval Hospital. When I worked in the National Cancer Institute, I was across the road on the NIH campus.

This where many of those badly injured Army, Navy, and Marine GIs are treated for serious battle wounds and illnesses. Trump, who now is in Walter Reed's Presidential Suite, called them 'suckers and losers'. I hope he sleeps well at Walter Reed.
View attachment 40390
I've never been there but my brother worked there (he's a doctor). The resiliency and courage of the military patients there is almost beyond belief.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard of candidates dying with their name on the ballot but more on a state/local level (think a couple even won). Good question for a presidential election.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard of candidates dying with their name on the ballot but more on a state/local level (think a couple even won). Good question for a presidential election.
Perhaps you just watched The West Wing episode about that...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Follow up on Regeneron's monoclonal antibody trial. The UK papers report that the UK have positive signals from their trial and will be rolling it out to 40 key hospitals around the country. I suspect supplies are short. There seems to be optimism this is a game changer, and it likely an effective treatment for Covid-19. This could make it possible for the UK to carry out double blind viral challenge studies of vaccines.

This is an unprecedented situation which will require an unprecedented approach and massive mobilization of resources not seen since the second world war.

I am not alone in thinking that winter will bring about a dreadful loss of life, without unprecedented action. People are now tired of lockdown and resisting control measures everywhere. A much bolder approach is required.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Trump was a little too smug in his pronouncement that a cure would be here soon. sooner than you think!
Trump goes into “quarantine,“ a week before the election he returns riding on a white horse, “cured,” treatment in hand! That’s how my mind works...
Here's my take on recent events.

This morning's Washington Post has an article titled: Invincibility punctured by infection: How the coronavirus spread in Trump’s White House I'll excerpt:

The ceremony in the White House Rose Garden last Saturday was a triumphal flashback to the Before Times — before public health guidelines restricted mass gatherings, before people were urged to wear masks and socially distance.​
President Trump and first lady Melania Trump welcomed more than 150 guests as the president formally introduced Judge Amy Coney Barrett, his nominee for the Supreme Court. A handful of Republican senators were there, including Mike Lee of Utah, who hugged and mingled with guests. So was Kellyanne Conway, the recently departed senior counselor to the president, as well as the Rev. John I. Jenkins, the president of the University of Notre Dame, who left his Indiana campus where a coronavirus outbreak had recently occurred to celebrate an alumna’s nomination.​
Note: All the people mentioned in the above paragraph became infected. Judge Barrett had Covid-19 earlier this year, and had recovered. It is unlikely that she herself infected the others, as she was certainly among those who were tested.
Spirits were high. Finally, Trump was steering the national discussion away from the coronavirus pandemic — which had already killed more than 200,000 people in the United States and was still raging — to more favorable terrain, a possible conservative realignment of the Supreme Court.​
Attendees were so confident that the contagion would not invade their seemingly safe space at the White House that, according to Jenkins, after guests tested negative that day they were instructed they no longer needed to cover their faces. The no-mask mantra applied indoors as well. Cabinet members, senators, Barrett family members and others mixed unencumbered at tightly packed, indoor receptions in the White House’s Diplomatic Room and Cabinet Room.​
Five days later, that feeling of invincibility was cruelly punctured. On Thursday, counselor to the president Hope Hicks, who reported feeling symptoms during a trip with the president to Minnesota on Wednesday, tested positive for the virus. Early Friday morning, Trump announced that he and the first lady also had tested positive and had begun isolating inside the White House residence.​
On Friday, Lee, Conway and Jenkins announced that they, too, had tested positive, as did Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), who was at the ceremony, and Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who had recently spent time with the president, including at an indoor fundraiser last week. At least three journalists who had been at White House events in the past week also reported testing positive on Friday. And White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said he was bracing for additional infections among administration officials.​

It is highly suspected that this event, introducing Amy Coney Barrett a week ago at the White House, was the event where SARS-CoV-2 was widely spread among White House staff, prominent GOP attendees, guests, and members of the press. I've bolded all the people known to be infected with the virus.

Ruth Bader Ginzberg's body had not yet been buried when the GOP had this celebratory event at the White House. This was the Revenge of Ruth.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Recent updates from today's Washington Post:
  • Kellyanne Conway, a former senior adviser to Trump, said Friday that she tested positive for the virus, just days after attending a Rose Garden event announcing Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court. At least a half-dozen people who were at the event have confirmed infections, including Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and University of Notre Dame President John I. Jenkins.
  • Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and top White House aide Hope Hicks have also tested positive for the virus.
  • Vice President Pence, who has tested negative for the virus, will lead a White House coronavirus task force conference call on Saturday afternoon, according to his office.
  • Trump has no public events scheduled on Saturday; he will spend several days at Walter Reed “out of an abundance of caution,” the White House said.
  • Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, noting that both Lee and Tillis are members of the Judiciary Committee that is scheduled to hold a hearing on the Barrett nomination, asked that the confirmation hearing be delayed.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Add Chris Christy to the list. That makes 7.

Add Sen. Ron Johnson (R Wisconsin). He did not attend that White House event last Saturday, but there are now 3 infected GOP senators, out of 54.
Is the SARS-CoV-2 virus evolving to prefer infecting Republicans?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Trump got Remdesivir in addition to the Regeneron antibody cocktail. His physicians seem to be throwing a lot of experimental drugs at him. Not to mention vitamin D, melatonin, zinc, and some other supplements.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Add Chris Christy to the list. That makes 7.

Add Sen. Ron Johnson (R Wisconsin). He did not attend that White House event last Saturday, but there are now 3 infected GOP senators, out of 54.
They'll get the best medical attention available, paid for by the US government, and something they have no qualms about robbing millions of Americans of.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Trump got Remdesivir in addition to the Regeneron antibody cocktail. His physicians seem to be throwing a lot of experimental drugs at him. Not to mention vitamin D, melatonin, zinc, and some other supplements.
No bleach?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Right.

I hadn't mentioned Remdesivir because I was too busy finding out who else is infected. The results from the Redesivir trials suggest that it produces minor benefits. I'd bet that the antibody cocktail is more effective.

Vitamin D is one of those food supplements that can't hurt, but doesn't seem to help.

Zinc is probably highly over-rated. It's another food supplement, meaning that it has never been shown to be effective in clinical trials.

Melatonin is a sleep aid. It's a natural sleep hormone, not a pharmaceutical drug.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think the virus already evolved to infect people who ignore distancing, masking, and hygiene guidelines. I hope that not all of those people are Republicans, because then I'm worried Trump will be re-elected.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think the virus already evolved to infect people who ignore distancing, masking, and hygiene guidelines.
Nearly all infectious viruses have that from the getgo. No evolution is needed.
I hope that not all of those people are Republicans, because then I'm worried Trump will be re-elected.
This doesn't make sense :confused:. Did you miss word it? Could Trump get re-elected without Republican voters?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
This doesn't make sense :confused:. Did you miss word it? Could Trump get re-elected without Republican voters?
I did not misword it. To put my thought another way, I am hoping that all of the people I see misusing or not wearing masks, participating in group activities (especially without masks), or ignoring social distancing guidelines aren't Republicans. I hope many of them vote for Biden. By my informal observations, if all of the people I see demonstrating bad pandemic behavior are going to vote for Trump, I think he might get re-elected.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Right.

I hadn't mentioned Remdesivir because I was too busy finding out who else is infected. The results from the Redesivir trials suggest that it produces minor benefits. I'd bet that the antibody cocktail is more effective.

Vitamin D is one of those food supplements that can't hurt, but doesn't seem to help.

Zinc is probably highly over-rated. It's another food supplement, meaning that it has never been shown to be effective in clinical trials.

Melatonin is a sleep aid. It's a natural sleep hormone, not a pharmaceutical drug.
And, the combination of all those drugs? Poisoning him?;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I did not misword it. To put my thought another way, I am hoping that all of the people I see misusing or not wearing masks, participating in group activities (especially without masks), or ignoring social distancing guidelines aren't Republicans. I hope many of them vote for Biden. By my informal observations, if all of the people I see demonstrating bad pandemic behavior are going to vote for Trump, I think he might get re-elected.
What's weird is that 99% of the people I see when I'm out are wearing masks. Our city mandated it, but there are still a few that are hold outs. Sadly, my brother in law is one of them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis