Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What's weird is that 99% of the people I see when I'm out are wearing masks. Our city mandated it, but there are still a few that are hold outs. Sadly, my brother in law is one of them.
At the fitness center I go to I typically see 25% or more with their noses sticking from their masks, or cheating in some way. Almost exclusively the cheaters are old men or young men. I traveled recently, and in the airport gate areas 25-50% cheated, men and women. Of course, people who fly these days are probably the ones most likely to feel the risk from the virus is overblown. On the flights the flight attendants were unyielding about masks, which is good.

We get take-out exclusively when we want restaurant food, but at every restaurant I pick up food I see all of the tables are full, with people waiting, and they're all talking away without masks. The tables are distanced, but the people at a table are not. I feel sorry for the waiters who have to put up with it to earn a living.

Many people are still having social events in their homes; it's obvious. I never see people wearing masks through the windows. I think there's a large segment of society that still thinks they won't catch it.

Of course, then there's the silliness of the ignorant. At the gym we're all given disinfectant sprays and towels to wipe down the equipment. A surprising number of people meticulously spray down the equipment, but are only wearing bandanas or plastic face shields. Or when I walk in my sparsely populated suburban neighborhood, where I might get within thirty feet of perhaps three people per mile, as we pass at thirty feet or more people pull up the masks hanging around their chins, and lower them when the pass is complete.

Sometimes I think that not only masks be required, but thinking caps.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
At the fitness center I go to I typically see 25% or more with their noses sticking from their masks, or cheating in some way. Almost exclusively the cheaters are old men or young men. I traveled recently, and in the airport gate areas 25-50% cheated, men and women. Of course, people who fly these days are probably the ones most likely to feel the risk from the virus is overblown. On the flights the flight attendants were unyielding about masks, which is good.

We get take-out exclusively when we want restaurant food, but at every restaurant I pick up food I see all of the tables are full, with people waiting, and they're all talking away without masks. The tables are distanced, but the people at a table are not. I feel sorry for the waiters who have to put up with it to earn a living.

Many people are still having social events in their homes; it's obvious. I never see people wearing masks through the windows. I think there's a large segment of society that still thinks they won't catch it.

Of course, then there's the silliness of the ignorant. At the gym we're all given disinfectant sprays and towels to wipe down the equipment. A surprising number of people meticulously spray down the equipment, but are only wearing bandanas or plastic face shields. Or when I walk in my sparsely populated suburban neighborhood, where I might get within thirty feet of perhaps three people per mile, as we pass at thirty feet or more people pull up the masks hanging around their chins, and lower them when the pass is complete.

Sometimes I think that not only masks be required, but thinking caps.
You're right about the gatherings at peoples houses. Nobody wears masks or social distances.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
It's getting stupid everywhere.

We recently had a couple throw a birthday party in our county, in which over 50 + people attended. Seven people were soon hospitalized thereafter with the virus.

When requested by the counties health officials to give the names of the people who attended the party, to warn them, they refused. o_O

Sheer madness.

There's talk now that they might be prosecuted by the county if any of the patients die. In my eyes, why wait till then?

They claim they're protecting their civil liberties. What horse$hit.

You endangered all these people, the local/county/state has had a rule in place of no mass gatherings over 10 people since March and now you think your civil liberties are being trampled on? Based on what?

We've lost our minds!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That idiot never quits. "Don't be afraid of COVID".

I guess the death of Herman Cain doesn't count in Trump's eyes because he is not "Trump's people"!

It will be an interesting test to see how well the people who are very likely getting some of the best care available fair. We haven't heard anything of Melania, and I suspect trading Trump being gone for having Covid works out about even for toxicity!

Kayleigh McEnany is the latest to be added to the list!
Red "P" (and ooutlined in white) for positive:
Covid in Rose Garden.jpg

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
How about memorial services? I was invited to a funeral (a limited number of attendees allowed) and I declined.

I just don't trust being in a room for over an hour even with a smaller number of people. Despite masks, people still talk, people still hug, people still touch, people still cry, it's human nature. And now we know the virus can still be contracted from a distance further than 6 feet.

I said no. I told them to instead provide a virtual streamed service that I can log into from a website. That way everyone can go and no one is left out due to a limited number of attendees allowed in.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It's getting stupid everywhere.

We recently had a couple throw a birthday party in our county, in which over 50 + people attended. Seven people were soon hospitalized thereafter with the virus.

When requested by the counties health officials to give the names of the people who attended the party, to warn them, they refused. o_O

Sheer madness.

There's talk now that they might be prosecuted by the county if any of the patients die. In my eyes, why wait till then?

They claim they're protecting their civil liberties. What horse$hit.

You endangered all these people, the local/county/state has had a rule in place of no mass gatherings over 10 people since March and now you think your civil liberties are being trampled on? Based on what?

We've lost our minds!
Yep, you can be charged with lesser crimes and have it upgraded later. ;) :D

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
You will not contract Covid, exhibit the symptoms they claim he had, and be out walking around in a few days. Talk to anyone you know who has had it, or anyone in the medical field that treats Covid patients...

IT IS A HOAX
The sitting President:

paid $750 in federal income tax. Let that sink in....please.

failed to denounce white supremacy

sh*t on himself and the gop during the debate...

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
That idiot never quits. "Don't be afraid of COVID".
Covid-19 is highly contagious disease, something to fear & respect to the point of knowing how to reduce the chances of getting it.

On the other hand, Trump is something we all should FEAR.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You will not contract Covid, exhibit the symptoms they claim he had, and be out walking around in a few days. Talk to anyone you know who has had it, or anyone in the medical field that treats Covid patients...

IT IS A HOAX
The sitting President:

paid $750 in federal income tax. Let that sink in....please.

failed to denounce white supremacy

sh*t on himself and the gop during the debate...
That or he's doing this against medical advice cause the thinks he's tough enough to get over it without seeming sick. He wants to be the hero his base pretends he is.

We'll just have to see. He may very well be getting over it quickly, or he's full of it and will get worse as the days go by. Will we get an honest account of how he's doing? Probably not unless he's doing well.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Will we get an honest account of how he's doing?
His public appearance frequency and duration tell the tale.

A two minute speech with no walking ... the lungs on that man!

I've seen steroids work wonders on the near dead.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
His public appearance frequency and duration tell the tale.

A two minute speech with no walking ... the lungs on that man!

I've seen steroids work wonders on the near dead.
But what can steroids do for the willfully ignorant? He still claims that Covid-19 is no worse that the flu. Covid-19 has killed 210,000 since it broke out last winter in the US. That's more deaths than the flu for the last 5 years combined.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis