Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
My mom also has Covid. So both of them are considered break through infections(?).

What are the #'s supposed to be on breakthrough. I'm seeing friends and family all vaccinated getting infected. I know it's an attenuation device but they seemingly are having the same severity as all the unvacc'd people that I know that contracted Covid.
The best single report I can remember came from the Texas Dept. of State Health Services. It compared the numbers of Covid-19 cases in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people.

I summarized it back on Nov. 10 in post #6,624

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Got my pfizer booster yesterday. My arm hurts.
got my Moderna booster last month and just like the first two shots, drank a couple glasses of water about an hour prior to the shoty and kept arm moving during the 15 min wait afterwards. Zero arm issues .....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In that case the sooner he is seen and evaluated by an experienced electrophysiologist the better.
agreed, as an Afib patient I too have moved beyond a run-of-the-mill cardiologist. Had an ablation this past May and all is good(staying in sinus rythum)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those that have had COVID and still living/recovered, I wonder if they have breathing issues or other conditions???
I'm a walking test subject (got it in 2020, pre-vaccine). For several months after recovery, some of the more notable symptoms would come and go at random times (fluttering heartbeat, sudden shortness of breath). After vaccination those stopped happening.

I didn't have a super-bad case, but I'm pleasantly shocked for that, because I have some of the more susceptible co-morbidities. Long term, we'll see.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There are 4 states in the country that are paying unemployment benefits to people that lost their jobs due to vaccine refusal. My home state Florida is one of them. And our governor has invited all first responders who lost their jobs in other states due to vaccine refusal to come here. Un Fn Believable.
Wow. Even we, up here in "Soviet Canuckistan" :rolleyes: , don't do that. Government departments and also many private enterprises that have vaccine mandates have put refusers on unpaid leave until/unless they get vaccinated.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Wow. Even we, up here in "Soviet Canuckistan" :rolleyes: , don't do that. Government departments and also many private enterprises that have vaccine mandates have put refusers on unpaid leave until/unless they get vaccinated.
My wife's company just put a deadline on vaccines. Beginning of Jan you have to have a minimum of one dose, and have the next scheduled or you no longer have a job.

Their numbers went from 50% to over 70% in a week. Mandates work.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My wife's company just put a deadline on vaccines. Beginning of Jan you have to have a minimum of one dose, and have the next scheduled or you no longer have a job.

Their numbers went from 50% to over 70% in a week. Mandates work.
They work so long as those that choose not to get the 'poke', get fired and are not able to collect unemployment. But if they are able to collect off the Government 'tit' then no it doesn't work .......

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Arm hurts more than expected, body sore and I'm a bit sluggish, but otherwise no symptoms.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I got a booster earlier this week. Originally had Pfizer, but got Moderna this time. The next day it definitely hit a bit hard, but passed by the following morning with the exception my arm and armpit still hurting for another day or so.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I got a booster earlier this week. Originally had Pfizer, but got Moderna this time. The next day it definitely hit a bit hard, but passed by the following morning with the exception my arm and armpit still hurting for another day or so.
That handily beats an ICU physician introducing himself with an endotracheal tube!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yep and our governor was blaming the Democrats for extending the covid unemployment benefits and causing new jobs to go unfilled. So now we are paying unemployment benefits to people who lost their jobs because they refused to get vaccinated. You just can't make this stuff up. :rolleyes:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Omicron seems to be resistant to the vaccines, so more break through occurrences. I don't think there are numbers on it yet, but Delta seems to have worse symptoms than Omicron. They said yesterday that people with a booster should be pretty safe from Omicron, but as with all of the vaccines and not unlike the flu, being vaccinated does not mean you can't get it though you should just have an easier time dealing with it.

My friend who recently had it was vaccinated mid year and her symptoms were flu like according to her.
My sister and brother-in-law caught covid (probably Delta) a couple of months ago even though they had 2 Moderna shots. Flu like symptoms but my sister lost all taste for a week or so. They are glad that they had those shots.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like omicron was in the U.S. earlier than first thought:

>>>The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday said the first-known case of omicron Covid in the U.S. was found in a person who had traveled internationally and started presenting symptoms on Nov. 15.

The new infection timeline means omicron arrived in the U.S. earlier than first thought. California had reported what was believed to be the first confirmed case on Dec. 1. An international traveler returned to San Francisco from South Africa on Nov. 22, developed symptoms three days later and tested positive on Nov. 29.<<<

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Cases in the UK are starting to rise, and they estimate they have around 20,000 omicron cases now. Hospital admissions are already showing a slight uptick and omicron cases are now being admitted to hospital but severity not divulged at this time. Doubling time is about 2.5 days, which I find astonishing and worrying.

Hospital admissions in South Africa are up 100% week on week according to UK's PM's statement today. The South African president has Covid-19 omicron and is symptomatic. I would assume he is fully vaccinated and boosted.

It is estimated omicron will outpace Delta in four weeks or less in the UK.

The UK have set an ambitious goal to roll out one million boosters per day, and get all eligible for boosting, boosted by December 31. That includes anyone over 18 who is three months or more past their second vaccine dose.

The military will assist and are in charge of planning and have divided England up into regions. The devolved nations are implementing similar plans. Omicron has already taken a big hold in Scotland.

This is a very fluid situation, and I expect more hard facts to become clearer over the next week or so. How serious this will prove to be, is hard to assess at the moment.

I am very worried about the US situation as we have a low vaccination rate compared to many other developed nations.

One thing we need to do immediately is to start boosting at three months after the second does and NOT six. This recommendation should change immediately.

I am certainly concerned that the US may have tragic vulnerabilities at present. At this time we need to assume the worst, but still hope for the best. The time to get moving is tomorrow!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
So now in the news, the media is reporting that two covid shots will not be enough for Omnicron.,

So what's this a booster a day keeps covid away.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So now in the news, the media is reporting that two covid shots will not be enough for Omnicron.,

So what's this a booster a day keeps covid away.
No, two doses are not enough against Omicron.

Things are moving fast in the UK. 40% of cases in London are omicron. The health authorities say that omicron will outpace delta in London by tomorrow. I find this totally astonishing and would never have predicted such an event. Sadly the UK has reported the first death from omicron in London today. The clinical details of this case have not been released. All we know is that there has been a fatality.

The NHS website to get boosted has crashed. People are queuing for hours in long lines at vaccination centers in hopes of getting a booster. Supplies of lateral flow tests appear to be extremely tight or non existent.

At this time it does look as if a new very serious phase in the pandemic has begun. I expect rapid changes in the course of this pandemic, and fast paced changes in advice to the public as more information becomes available.

The only hard advice I have for members is to get boosted if you are six months out from your second dose, and be alert for guidance to change to get boosted at three months. My view is, that this advice should change today.

I would get a good supply of N95 masks and mask up for all contacts, shopping etc.

At this time I would review your social mixing. Going to restaurants, bars etc, is likely a bad idea whatever your vaccine status. Personally I would not entertain the idea of attending a large event involving crowds, like concert, halls, theaters and sports stadiums.

If you are mixing in homes, the CDC advice to test guests at the door with a lateral flow test has merit.

My impression is that this virus may be becoming increasingly unstable, making any long term predictions and advice impossible.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Sadly the UK has reported the first death from omicron in London today. The clinical details of this case have not been released. All we know is that there has been a fatality.
This is the thing about this whole COVID mess that 'statistically' speaking is all over the map........

Was the death 'from' Omicron or was it a 'contributing factor' ?? this is where the media and the political bullshit spin their respective webs ........

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

This is the thing about this whole COVID mess that 'statistically' speaking is all over the map........

Was the death 'from' Omicron or was it a 'contributing factor' ?? this is where the media and the political bullshit spin their respective webs ........
As I stated the circumstances are unknown surrounding this case. We will just have to wait for more information. Don't forget there are patient privacy concerns over the reporting, and what can be released. The news of this case was released from 10 Downing street, so I would imagine, that the chief medical officer and the chief scientific advisor, thought that the information was worthy of release. This did not come from the news media first, but 10 Downing street.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
As I stated the circumstances are unknown surrounding this case. We will just have to wait for more information. Don't forget there are patient privacy concerns over the reporting, and what can be released. The news of this case was released from 10 Downing street, so I would imagine, that the chief medical officer and the chief scientific advisor, thought that the information was worthy of release. This did not come from the news media first, but 10 Downing street.
From what I read in the UK they don't yet know if the person was even vaccinated at all or had underlying health issues.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis