confused on atmos system

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
How about a wall mount like this to place on back wall right above the ear level
Screenshot_20190112-164740_Chrome.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
How about a wall mount like this to place on back wall right above the ear level
View attachment 27787
Sorry but personally I’d go to the sides. Nice mounts though. I mean you can do it if you want but I’ve spent countless hours on surround placement and angles etc. and in a 5ch deployment they always perform better at the sides.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
pick your speakers first, then get the wall mount or stand. Those, you need holes in the bottom of your speaker. Loke Pro PA gear. I think VideoSecu may have good ones. I use K&M for my rears. Spelunk that B_M_WOW! post and you'll see them.

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
Ok I'll get those ceiling speakers. They are not too expensive.
I'll look for free standing speakers for back.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok I'll get those ceiling speakers. They are not too expensive.
I'll look for free standing speakers for back.
Wow! You’re moving fast I like it!
You could save some money on surrounds, as in most cases they aren’t necessarily.
Maybe consider an ultra or prime package from SVS.
Rsl has nice ones but the larger speakers and subs aren’t ready yet. Also, HSU speakers and subs are great value.
And don’t forget Rythmik.
http://rythmikaudio.com/

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! You’re moving fast I like it!
You could save some money on surrounds, as in most cases they aren’t necessarily.
Maybe consider an ultra or prime package from SVS.
Rsl has nice ones but the larger speakers and subs aren’t ready yet. Also, HSU speakers and subs are great value.
And don’t forget Rythmik.
http://rythmikaudio.com/
Or the new Outlaws! LCRs in vertical orientation, sold each, or the other ones BLSv2 as a pair, Both reviewed here by James.

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
Question:
I just bought those 2 ceiling speakers.
I noticed they have rca Jack's. Where do I get a cable that is rca Jack for the speakers but 2 wire for receiver. Do they make such

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Or the new Outlaws! LCRs in vertical orientation, sold each, or the other ones BLSv2 as a pair, Both reviewed here by James.
Yeah that too. Sooooo many choices.
Rah is high on the list. Kef and revel too. And JBL...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Question:
I just bought those 2 ceiling speakers.
I noticed they have rca Jack's. Where do I get a cable that is rca Jack for the speakers but 2 wire for receiver. Do they make such
Lol. Those are spring loaded binding posts.

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
Moving fast lol I have been craving this theater room for a while. :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Moving fast lol I have been craving this theater room for a while. :p
Lol. I hear that. LOUD and clear. It can be pretty painful.
Also, is there any where around you to go listen to speakers? It’s hard to do critical listening in a store but at least get an idea. If you like the Andrew Jones, maybe use them until you can hear some more.

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
I am in Tulsa Oklahoma.
Best I have is best buy.
I like those Andrew Jones they sound a whole lot better than the Bose I had before.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you are stuck with Best Buy, at least go to Magnolia and listen a little. Take one or two CDs with something you know WELL! and just have them switch between speakers and see what you like. Avoid Def Tech. But whatever you do, don't let them sell you anything... at least not today.
Go back home and read reviews of what you listened too, just to compare. and then read the reviews of speakers those reviewers mentioned in that review. ;)

I researched over 80 speakers before buying mine!

Also, Check out the SVS Prime and Ultra lines. Well regarded, and they have an in-home 45 day trial period. Buy 5 or more and you get a discount (modest, but still.) And the Speakers are voice matched between lines, so with them, you can mix and match Prime and Ultra as needed for your scenario... And they make nice Subs.

B

bnumair

Audioholic Intern
Got it. Thank you
For now I am going to wait for that denon receiver and c34e ceiling speakers to come in. Once here I'll be using Andrew Jones for now then start looking for 5 speakers (FR CC FL 2X SUR)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For that, I have no reservation suggesting SVS across the board. They have a lot of fans for a reason. worth possibly checking them out, more so than several other recommendations, perhaps.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If you are stuck with Best Buy, at least go to Magnolia and listen a little. Take one or two CDs with something you know WELL! and just have them switch between speakers and see what you like. Avoid Def Tech. But whatever you do, don't let them sell you anything... at least not today.
Go back home and read reviews of what you listened too, just to compare. and then read the reviews of speakers those reviewers mentioned in that review. ;)

I researched over 80 speakers before buying mine!

Also, Check out the SVS Prime and Ultra lines. Well regarded, and they have an in-home 45 day trial period. Buy 5 or more and you get a discount (modest, but still.) And the Speakers are voice matched between lines, so with them, you can mix and match Prime and Ultra as needed for your scenario... And they make nice Subs.
You forgot the part where you set a budget first. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You forgot the part where you set a budget first. :)
That’s a good point. If I’m spending someone else’s money I’d like to know how much I got!!! It’s so much easier spending other people’s money, but spending my own is more rewarding.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis