highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Now this is real news, what did the leader do, just kill all those infected, Never know about this nut case.
I suspect he did it as if he was a kid who broke something, by telling his little brother "Hide this".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oooops, some f*cked up.

>>>The Pentagon has temporarily halted delivery of F-35 fighter jets to the military branches and international customers after Lockheed Martin discovered a metal component used in the jet’s engine had come from China, according to the Pentagon.

The Defense Contract Management Agency notified the F-35 Joint Program Office at the Pentagon on Aug. 19 that an alloy used in magnets contained in the F-35’s turbomachine pumps came from China. Lockheed Martin builds the overall aircraft, but the turbomachine is produced by Honeywell.

The discovery does not affect flight operations of F-35s already in service, the Joint Program Office said.

“We have confirmed that the magnet does not transmit information or harm the integrity of the aircraft and there are no performance, quality, safety or security risks associated with this issue and flight operations for the F-35 in-service fleet will continue as normal,” F-35 Joint Program Office spokesperson Russell Goemaere said in a statement to POLITICO.

“Defense contractors voluntarily shared information with DCMA and the JPO once the issue was discovered and they have found an alternative source for the alloy that will be used in future turbomachines,” Goemaere said.<<<

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Great thread idea. The Chinese government is the real threat to the US or 'free world". The next threat is our own internal decay as Lincoln warned. Globalisation, not in the economic definition but in the definition of "one world government is right up there. Rule by an elite.

Russia is really just caught between the US and China while trying to punch up back into superpower status. The Russian existentialist question is where do they want to be?

This will be interesting.
Hopefully, Russia and Iran won't come to any strong agreements WRT Iran's nuclear program. We don't need another petulant child with that kind of firepower.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I'm glad I placed my order with Ali-Express before this. :) Where else but China can you find a replacement for an old thermal fuse link? This is for an aquarium pump manufactured down the road from me in St Thomas, ON. Hartz Canada no longer makes aquarium supplies so I researched repairing it. Super simple design on this pump. The part pictured is simply a core and coil with the fuse link for protection. The shaft with the impeller sits inside the water reservoir tube and gets inserted into the hole in the core. The shaft has a permanent magnet which gets rotated by the 60Hz magnetic field in the coil. No physical contact between the coil portion and the water impeller. I searched Digikey and Mouser and they had nothing close to this type of fuse. Just larger industrial components selling in lots of 1000. Within 10 minutes on Ali-Express I found a compatible part. 10 pieces plus shipping for the princely sum of $4. Without that part the entire pump and accessories would have gone to the landfill. China may make a lot of crap, but sometimes their suppliers can be rather handy.
PXL_20230506_145034570.jpg

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
With regards to the recent election in Taiwan where China tried to interfere, but still a pro-independence candidate won the presidential election.

1705915094737.png

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis