Center channel struggle?? Help

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Trying to decide which one voices sound better and clearer on tough choice !!
Any help ?
I may try another speaker don’t know yet !!
Can only set center speaker sideways if I use bookshelf had some trouble with imaging .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How are we gonna help you decide something only you can hear?!

The obvious answer would be to use the one that matches your main speakers for voice matching...

*Edit: Is that a port or a tweeter on the right in between the 2 drivers?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
How are we gonna help you decide something only you can hear?!

The obvious answer would be to use the one that matches your main speakers for voice matching...

*Edit: Is that a port or a tweeter on the right in between the 2 drivers?
Sony are duel ported a mini subwoofer on bottom and a mid woofer on top plus tweeter so 3 way go down to 30 hertz or lower .
They are hard for this weak stereo to power actually. I think they work but not as good as typical 3wAy
Both speaker are ported I could try the matching rca to see how they sound then the Sony separately .
It’s a tweeter the ports are on the side .

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Duh! He needs to post a YouTube video!!!

Btw poges, I found a new sub. For my laptop...lmoa
We’re or how did you get a sub so cheap ?

I don’t think recording how they both sound will make a big difference. I’d have to turn the subwoofer off .
Should I try and video it. ?

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t think recording how they both sound will make a big difference. I’d have to turn the subwoofer off .

Free the reptile aliens
Lol. No, don’t do a video. You’re right, it won’t help.
That was an inside joke for @Pogre.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Either all these speaker just suck or the receiver is sub par . Probably both but I cannot put my bigger speakers here or my mom will cry . My cheap klipsch are better then this but I cannot afford a center channel . Best bet is to Stick to the Sony. Probably until I find a job .
I got nice bass though .. and added a rca slim sub plenty bass but not powerfull.
It’s a baby sub haha

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
We’re or how did you get a sub so cheap ?

Free the reptile aliens
That’s a really tiny subwoofer I went back to the Sony speaker as a center channel it’s the best of my centers I’ve tried .
Wish I l old afford higher tier lcr speakers

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Is this center worth $10 I couldn’t talk seller down ? Or save for klipsch icon
Model # SS-CN550H 5 1/8 “ drivers and a 1” tweeter
I don’t have matching fronts anyways .

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is this center worth $10 I couldn’t talk seller down ? Or save for klipsch icon
Model # SS-CN550H 5 1/8 “ drivers and a 1” tweeter
I don’t have matching fronts anyways .

Free the reptile aliens
10 bucks? I’d say why not. But that’s me. Without a job, you might wanna save your money. Maybe put together a system on paper that meats reasonable goals, and budget constraints. Then once you’re gainfully employed, make it happen. Even if it’s one piece at a time. Believe it or not, 10 bucks here and there can really add up. That means saving OR spending 10 bucks at a time.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
10 bucks? I’d say why not. But that’s me. Without a job, you might wanna save your money. Maybe put together a system on paper that meats reasonable goals, and budget constraints. Then once you’re gainfully employed, make it happen. Even if it’s one piece at a time. Believe it or not, 10 bucks here and there can really add up. That means saving OR spending 10 bucks at a time.
yeah by what are odds of getting another center of this model again for so cheap ?
Might still be able to buy a pair of shoes if I buy this speaker
Is it any improvement on my current center?? Still same brand

I can afford $10 think I’ll see matching fronts for sale ever ?

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah if it’s significantly enough better then a bookshelf speaker for a center worth it . If not then no
Gotten decide soon before it’s gone .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I probably spend enough time watching tv while looking for a job for it to be worth it , but is it really a big upgrade on my center ?

Not pulled the trigger on the center with yellow woofers yet .

Free the reptile aliens

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think anyone here is really familiar with either of those speakers, so if you want it you're going to have to jump in blind.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah NIN is right. I don’t know either of those particular speakers. But if I had to choose, I would think the “center” type speaker would have overall better performance. For 10 bucks why not find out.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah NIN is right. I don’t know either of those particular speakers. But if I had to choose, I would think the “center” type speaker would have overall better performance. For 10 bucks why not find out.
Yeah probably a good deal for something that size , and my bookshelves are lacking for a Center .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Definitely sounds better , but I need to rise the center higher . I don’t think it’s a title power hungry or too low . It’s not big enough to set the tv on .
Should I try removing the grill? Or just crank up the volume a little higher it takes more power .

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Definitely sounds better , but I need to rise the center higher . I don’t think it’s a title power hungry or too low . It’s not big enough to set the tv on .
Should I try removing the grill? Or just crank up the volume a little higher it takes more power .

Free the reptile aliens
Well at least level match it. All channels should be level matched anyway. Have you run Audyssey? Is this the system with the 818?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Well at least level match it. All channels should be level matched anyway. Have you run Audyssey? Is this the system with the 818?
Gotta raise it or make a riser to turn it at an angle yeah it’s level Matched pretty well it’s just lower decibels I think takes more power.
No my onkyo is running 5 klipsch speakers 2 Andrew Jones towers and its too big to fit here .
This is my old Sony receiver which is just temporary until I can afford something better . Like a true 5-7 ch receiver, wonder why pro logic one only had mono rear channel ?
It’s a powerful enough receiver to power this center .
I turned the center up high enough to wish I had a riser built to put the sub under . And tv could sit directly ontop .
Probably needs to be online with fronts , it’s too low .
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Gotta raise it or make a riser to turn it at an angle yeah it’s level Matched pretty well it’s just lower decibels I think takes more power.

Free the reptile aliens
I mean did you level match it with an spl meter. When you say “matched pretty well”, that makes me think it was done by ear.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis