Car modding/projects thread!

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
i'll post a few pics up. first is my 92 corrado. VR6 block was bored from 2.8 to 3.0 (JE forged pistons), port/polished head, 268 cams, pretty much every part replaced, samco hoses, bilstein/H&R sports, etc:

and how she sits now since im away from home:

what i drive during my time in korea:

mandatory bumpin' system w/ 4" coaxials :)

custom MB floor mats:

and finally the wife's 03 jetta gls 1.8T. chipped, weitec 60/40 GT suspension, fitipaldi(i think) wheels, some small visual stuff:

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
My wife is gonna buy a Saturn Ion (not the redline) :p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, thats a really weird looking motor...

How much Hp to do expect once it's all back together?

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Always liked the Corrado. Not sure why they stopped producing it. I have a friend in a club and he has a very nice one. That is a weird looking block. 15degree V right? Turbo or N/A?

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
yup, 15 degree V, single head, 12v. the new VR's have 24v. its NA for now, just want to break the motor in easy. im hoping for around 190-195whp, but it will probably be around 185. maybe boost in the future but im saving for my S4 avant :)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The Sheepmobile out for a cruise.:D Lowrider by the group WAR starts playing in the background.;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Oh this weather!

The sun is out yet again, and I just had to take a couple photos.

Yesterday me and 2 friends went on a "hill run" (road leading up to a university at the top of a local mountain). One has a 93 5 liter stang, and the other has a old ford muscle car (not a popular one, but it has a fully built 302 pushing 300 horse).

If it wasn't for the fords massive weight and long 3 speed auto, I never would have passed him. I don't know If I was quicker then the stang, once he let off, so did I. Theres a bunch of parking lots at the top and the the ford was doing donuts, pretty sweet. Both have full flowmaster 40 series exhausts.

Fun day in the sun with some nice rides. I think we're going to have to make this an annual thing. :)

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Did you repaint those steelies or just clean them really well?

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
Nick250 said:
Speaking of going in a straight line, for a while I had a hugh 1969 Buick Duce and a Quarter (225 for the younger readers) Probably weighed around two tons. Interesting thing was that the original owner had ordered it with the 455 ci 11:1 compression ratio and a four barrel carb which put out 375 HP box stock. It went damned fast for it's size, got about 12 mpg and you needed to plan stopping and making turns well in advance.

Nick
i had a 1969 buick wildcat {my dads old car}in high school.it had a 430ci,then i put an offenhouser 2x4 manafold with 2 carter comp series 500cfm carbs,couldnt get headers,so i got side pipes,a .520 lift cam 270 duration sigerison cam and cregers ss rims with ta tires,and a pro tack 2.got about 8mi to the gal.about 450 hp.but it was a tank 4200ib,s.then i got a v-8 vega,then a 75 454 monty carlow.then a 396 camero.i finally decieded not to spend so much on gas and modifying.besides the new law here in toronto is no {nos}.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Did you repaint those steelies or just clean them really well?
Both :)

I also got some nice new chrome lug nuts for them. They look pretty good, but some bronze Heliums will look better.

$130 each, then $65 for rubber (16inch).

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No chrome lug nuts...need black ones to go with them!!

So you gonna get those? Spring/summer? :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like these:

Slipstreams (copy of SW388):

Circuit8s (copy of MF-8):

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Well since I already mentioned my car, Ill put up some pics for ya.

There she was, now its all gone :D

Sean

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckle-meister said:
What were their names? :D
I don't know. I'm not giving you THEIR names, and I don't know if their cars have names..

Anywho, I'm going to be picking up a header on Friday. Should be installed on Saturday. I'll post pictures once I get it.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Header!

I just got back from the Performance shop and i have my header, in hand. No camera, can't seem to find it, but I'll get picks ASAP.

I'll be installing it and little over an hour, so I'll have install pictures as well.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dyno plot before and after please :D j/k. Butt dyno does not count.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis