Car modding/projects thread!

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
I know what it sounds like, I had it on my car and got rid of it. If I was gonna get an exhaust for a car I had to live with everyday, it would be without a doubt an RS*R ExMag. Its more low key than the WS2, and is generaly a nicer exhaust. Ive had 3 EF's with almost every exhaust on them and trust me the RS*R is worth the money. The WS2 is ok, but just not as bad *** :D

Sean

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Update!

So I picked up my new cam today (out of a Civic with a 1.5 liter DPFI motor) and it's sitting in my sink right now (getting rid of all the oil and crap on it). I will contact Colt Cams (local cam grinding company) regarding the performance modifying this cam is capable of (which is pretty much anything, cause you just build it up into whatever you want).

I also picked up a battery tie-down, so I can get rid of my ugly stretchy cord. 30 bucks at the pick-a-part got me the cam and tie down. Not bad considering after market cams go for $200+. Regrinding should cost ~$100.

I'll get some picks up once the Cam is clean.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Pics!

Here's a couple pictures of the cam after cleaning it up.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep said:
Erm, Youtube the WS2. It's not loud at all. MUCH quieter then the RSR GT2. You're thinking of the Apexi N1.
You're right, it was the N1 that he had.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry, but GIRLS tend to care about those sort of things.

I've been talking on Honda-tech about the cam. Pretty smart guys over there, but its hard getting them to answer my question directly. I keep getting the impression that the D15** cam I have can't be built up that much...

SheepStar

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
Sorry, but GIRLS tend to care about those sort of things.

I've been talking on Honda-tech about the cam. Pretty smart guys over there, but its hard getting them to answer my question directly. I keep getting the impression that the D15** cam I have can't be built up that much...

SheepStar
I hate to break two things to you. 1. Girls DONT like EF's, and 2. D15's are good paper weights ;)

Sean

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rowdy S13 said:
I hate to break two things to you. 1. Girls DONT like EF's, and 2. D15's are good paper weights ;)

Sean
You do realize the D15B2 cam and the D16A6 cam are exactly the same (as far as construction and sizing)? I'm having it built up into my performance cam.

As far as Girls are concerned, they don't like ugly cars period, doesn't matter what car it is. An ugly EF and an Ugly Minivan are still both ugly.

SheepStar

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
You do realize the D15B2 cam and the D16A6 cam are exactly the same (as far as construction and sizing)? I'm having it built up into my performance cam.

As far as Girls are concerned, they don't like ugly cars period, doesn't matter what car it is. An ugly EF and an Ugly Minivan are still both ugly.

SheepStar
Let me rephase that, D series are a WASTE. And Girls dont like EF's period. If you dont believe me, ask every girl you see if she likes youre car.

Sean

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately, Rowdy is not too far off the mark. Most girls don't like EFs, meaning 99%

And there is only so much you can do for a SOHC motor, period. The D series are good motors, but not the place to start if you want to make meaningful HP. You will get more HP from a completely stock B-series swap than a worked over D-series that cost you more to build IMO.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Unfortunately, Rowdy is not too far off the mark. Most girls don't like EFs, meaning 99%

And there is only so much you can do for a SOHC motor, period. The D series are good motors, but not the place to start if you want to make meaningful HP. You will get more HP from a completely stock B-series swap than a worked over D-series that cost you more to build IMO.
B series motors are heavier though. My friend dropped a B16A into his EK and its not faster then my car right now.

If I wanted HP, I'd boost. I'm just getting the most out of what I have.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The additional power and power potential in n/a is worth the added weight IMO. I never liked the B16, not enough torque; even the B18 doesn't have enough. EK is heavier than the EF.

Matt34

Matt34

I've been busy lately.......busy buying a bunch of stuff.;)

Picked up a Stage 1 PCM......used. For the 2005 models this is all that stage one consist of because they came from the factory with the stage one injectors unlike the 03-04 models.
Benefits :
Improved turbo response - The stage 1 wastegate control was retuned for better turbo response. Not only will the stage 1 deliver more torque and power, it will also deliver it faster.
Boost hold feature during WOT shifts
It will work better with my AGP wastegate and I won't get any annoying check engine lights

DC racing front and rear strut bars......used.

Redline Tuning hood struts, eliminates the kick bar...used. bling, bling:p

AGP trans mount.......used.

Next month I'm going to drop some coin on a Dtec FC/BC and that side exit exhaust I had previously posted.
http://www.agpturbo.com/product.php?productid=16190&cat=273&page=1

Turn your Nintendo Game Boy Advance into a powerful electronic fuel computer AND electronic boost controller.

The DTEC-BC-PRO allows everything from simple "one number" boost control that can be set up in minutes to the most advanced closed loop, gear dependant, RPM, and throttle position based programmable boost controller ever conceived.

When I get home I should be getting the BFMIC, a water injection system and some stiffer swaybars.

My local resident Neon expert says that should put me around 270-280 WHP and over 300ft/tq. 50HP increase with a couple bolt-ons.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet Matt! Those SRT-4s can really build up HP without much trouble.

I've always wanted to boost my SOHC and turn it into a super sleeper, but I need this car to run daily.

If I run into more money I'll build up a new DOHC non-VTEC motor and boost that bad boy.

SheepStar

fritt

fritt

Audiophyte
Here is my car the 87 dohc crx sheep mentioned earlier in the thread.

1987 Honda CRX DX
1988 DOHC 1.6L 16V Integra Blacktop D16a1 Engine

Motor :
75mm Low compression Pistons
NPR Chrome Rings
Full Floating Pins and Pin Locks
ACL Rod Bearings
ACL Main Bearings and Thrust washers
Three Layers Metal head Gasket
Silicone Valve Cover Gasket Kit
Solid Motor Mounts
3 Inch Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Eagle Connecting Rods
Crane Cams Performance Cams
ARP Headstuds
Eristic Gaskets
00 Civic Manifold (Only till i get a Log style manifold
95 Civic SI Fuel Rail
DSM 450 CC Injectors
Ported/Polished Cyl Head
B16 65mm Throttle Body
(Sitll waiting for prts to arrive)

Turbo Setup :
Garrett T3 Super 60 Turbo .42/.48
2.5 Inch Mandrel Bent Charge Pipes
Turboedit PM6
Oil Catch Can
Apexi Turbo Timer
(Not complete)

Suspention :
Rear Swaybar
Front and Rear Strut Bars
(Not compete)

Cosmetics :
Shaved Spoiler
Orange Side Markers
Shaved Antenna
1 Piece Fiberglass Hood
(Not compete)

Interior :
Pioneer CD Player.......(thanks sheep)
(everything elts is stock....for now)

(Hoping to make 350+ WHP with a T3/T04B Turbonetics Turbo in the summer...and probably low 12's or even high 11's)

I am missing some stuff I just cant remember all of it now or I dont have the parts yet.

You can check out my build thread on redpepperracing.com.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30169

PS Sheep your car smells like foot...

Matt34

Matt34

Here is my car the 87 dohc crx sheep mentioned earlier in the thread.

1987 Honda CRX DX
1988 DOHC 1.6L 16V Integra Blacktop D16a1 Engine

Motor :
75mm Low compression Pistons
NPR Chrome Rings
Full Floating Pins and Pin Locks
ACL Rod Bearings
ACL Main Bearings and Thrust washers
Three Layers Metal head Gasket
Silicone Valve Cover Gasket Kit
Solid Motor Mounts
3 Inch Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Eagle Connecting Rods
Crane Cams Performance Cams
ARP Headstuds
Eristic Gaskets
00 Civic Manifold (Only till i get a Log style manifold
95 Civic SI Fuel Rail
DSM 450 CC Injectors
Ported/Polished Cyl Head
B16 65mm Throttle Body
(Sitll waiting for prts to arrive)

Turbo Setup :
Garrett T3 Super 60 Turbo .42/.48
2.5 Inch Mandrel Bent Charge Pipes
Turboedit PM6
Oil Catch Can
Apexi Turbo Timer
(Not complete)

Suspention :
Rear Swaybar
(Not compete)

Cosmetics :
Shaved Spoiler
Orange Side Markers
Shaved Antenna
1 Piece Fiberglass Hood
(Not compete)

Interior :
Pioneer CD Player.......(thanks sheep)
(everything elts is stock....for now)

(Hoping to make 350+ WHP with a T3/T04B Turbonetics Turbo in the summer...and probably low 12's or even high 11's)
om.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30169

PS Sheep your car smells like foot...
How much does a CRX weigh? Get some slicks and you should see some great times.

Matt34

Matt34

His car weighs like 1800 pounds, tops. I can't wait until it's done.

SheepStar
I owned one for a very short time when I was stationed in Louisiana. Paid $500 for it, wish I still had it.

With some slicks he should hit high 11's.

fritt

fritt

Audiophyte
Ya it will weigh about 1800 pounds just a little over, but wouldnt mind getting it down even more somehow. It will be able to hit 12's on street tires no problem and I can see 11's on slicks forsure...gotta love 20+pounds of boost and a light *** car :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, what a drive!

Me, Fritt, and a couple work buddies went for a cruise through West Vancouver today. We took a narrow windy road that leaded to a park just near a ferry terminal. The view is gorgeous, but it was really dark. Hopefully we'll go again this Sunday during the day and get some good shots.

We got a couple videos of my car, but they're really blurry, and contain swearing (it started to snow, what do you expect).

There is a blurry picture of me standing next to by buddies EK(2000 civic).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis