Car modding/projects thread!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
OK, I found a camera, and now there is pictures.

There, now to install it.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mmmm...tasty. 2 piece though? They are easier to install, but it is also 1 more connection.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Installed!

j_garcia said:
Mmmm...tasty. 2 piece though? They are easier to install, but it is also 1 more connection.
It may be one more connection, but when you're working with my car, yo ugo for the easiest route possible.

For example, when I unbolted the cat, the rest of my exhaust pivoted on the one lowly exhaust hanger, all the way at the back and fell *** over head on the floor. Turns out I need some new exhaust hangers. Plus, one of the bolts for the car snapped, so I have normal, spring-less bolts on there right now (no leaks, or rattles though).

As for my impressions, FANTASTIC! My car have never sounded so, so, normal. There is FAR less bass in the cabin from the exhaust, and it has a healthy new boost of tone, as well as a flatter response across the rev band. My engine bay also benefited form this with new looks, and I think it might weigh a little less too.

I'll get bay picks up tomorrow, too dark now.

SheepStar

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I've found out when you drive an automatic Neon... you drive it until the wheels fall off. :D 160,000 on the clock, still going somehow.

Now the GTI... it's under the knife :D

^ Ha. Beater.

^under the knife....

^What I can drive again when it's not snowing.... :cool:

Matt34

Matt34

Picked up some new to me motor mounts from AGP. These will help to eliminate the wheel hop these cars are notorious for.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep said:
My engine bay also benefited form this with new looks, and I think it might weigh a little less too.
Yes, they definitely weigh less. The cast upper manifold alone weighs as much as my whole header.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Install pics!

I'm really happy with this product. Hopefully soon I will get my new lowering springs with coilover sleeves.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks!

If you lived near me, I would be your bait and let your SRT-4 waste me. :)

Speaking of wasting, I love it when people come up to me and try to pull a ricer fly by. I swear, my muffler is bait lol.

SheepStar

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
Thanks!

If you lived near me, I would be your bait and let your SRT-4 waste me. :)

Speaking of wasting, I love it when people come up to me and try to pull a ricer fly by. I swear, my muffler is bait lol.

SheepStar
I always thought my exhaust would be bait, but I guess it scarred more people away more than anything. I loved ZO6's asking my lil o Civic for some land. If you dont know what that means, The feel like that needed a head start (technincly they did :D ) BTW I still have my exhaust if you want it, and my bad *** radiator.

Sean

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rowdy S13 said:
I always thought my exhaust would be bait, but I guess it scarred more people away more than anything. I loved ZO6's asking my lil o Civic for some land. If you dont know what that means, The feel like that needed a head start (technincly they did :D ) BTW I still have my exhaust if you want it, and my bad *** radiator.

Sean
What was your exhaust? I'm looking for nothing gawdy like my current setup.

EDIT: I checked your Myspace page. It looks similar to mine, except mine is on a really gay angle. I'm hoping to get an Apexi WS2 Catback, but it's 600 dollars.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
I had a WS2, then I threw that **** out. Mines an RS*R GT2, lightest best flowing exhaust for the EF. Ill let it go for $300 plus shipping with a 2.5" stainless test pipe. I paid about 600 plus the test pipe, but Im sick of it sitting around.

Sean

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Apexi is crap. Get an RS*R like I said before...buy Rowdy's man. If you don't I know where you can sell it Rowdy.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
How is the Apexi crap? It sounds wonderful! Is there a website where I can find this RS*R exhaust?

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I have the standard civic cd player around in my house...i will let it go for $50plus shipping if u want :D . It was from my old civic ex (i changed to sony cd player). I was too lazy to put it back when i sold the car.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
j_garcia said:
Apexi is crap. Get an RS*R like I said before...buy Rowdy's man. If you don't I know where you can sell it Rowdy.
Not crap quality wise per se, but loud, droning and annoying. I get tired of hearing my DC sometimes too.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
masak_aer said:
I have the standard civic cd player around in my house...i will let it go for $50plus shipping if u want :D . It was from my old civic ex (i changed to sony cd player). I was too lazy to put it back when i sold the car.
Sorry, I have a car stereo hookup.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
Not crap quality wise per se, but loud, droning and annoying. I get tired of hearing my DC sometimes too.
Erm, Youtube the WS2. It's not loud at all. MUCH quieter then the RSR GT2. You're thinking of the Apexi N1.

SheepStar

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Technicly the RS*R ExMag and the WS2 are the same. You will make a lot more power with the GT2 though, and its MUCH lighter. I duno I was all about going fast with my car, so the noise (Its a VERY loud exhaust) and looks didnt matter. Although I had a DD, and only raced my car.

Sean

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rowdy S13 said:
Technicly the RS*R ExMag and the WS2 are the same. You will make a lot more power with the GT2 though, and its MUCH lighter. I duno I was all about going fast with my car, so the noise (Its a VERY loud exhaust) and looks didnt matter. Although I had a DD, and only raced my car.

Sean
I don't like how the RS*R Exhaust looks. I want my car to have good looks. If I get looks over performance, so be it. Those giant cylinder canisters are ricer grabbers and cop beacons. The other night an SUV was tailing me on the highway. After about 5 minutes, lights and sirens turned on and he blew past me and exited. Turns out he was a cop, waiting to see if I would do something stupid.

The Exhaust will sound close to this.

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=52d802d5-b20a-4cb2-bd4f-089966c0b875" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis