Car modding/projects thread!

Matt34

Matt34

I'll be honest, I think the stock rims looked better.
No problem J, wheels are very subjective, just like speakers.;) My first choice was some Rota Torques in Hyper black but nobody had any in stock. I think they look better in person than they do in the pics and the wider Falkens really grip the road.

Matt34

Matt34

I was late getting up to the track tonight due to the monsoon we had here locally and waiting for the bike guys to load up there bikes.

Didn't do so bad, went 1-1 with a mod'd wrx and SRT-8 charger, beat a 4.6 rustang, couple hondas and a audi a4. Lost to a Firehawk(I missed shift 3rd) and a bombed out dodge diesel.

Only race I got on video was my win over the SRT-8. Yes the wind was horrible and the timing tree was down due to lighting in the area.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Matt,

Those rims don't belong on a 350, nor do Rota's. Let me show you something.

Get some Volk's, wheels made to go, not show.

Here's a pic of my rims with the disk, Sorry didn't post earlier JG.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice Sheep. Old school :)

Yes, Matt, get some Volks (or anything from Rays) :D Sheep took the words right out of my mouth, or fingers as the case may be. I believe the Nismo rims offered via the dealer are made by Rays (not sure).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's a nice stereo system you have there though....be that wasn't cheap ;)

How about these? Can be had from most dealerships:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
My high school drag car. 1969 Camaro, with a bored out 350 (360), flowmaster 40 series exhaust that is dumped, header, riser manifold and big 4barel car (no idea what one).

This car is mint, and fast. High School regulates the cars to 12.00s but with the limiter off, it can run 11.7.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Finally found a rear wing I like, should be here in a week or two.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Finally found a rear wing I like, should be here in a week or two.
Hey Matt,
That looks nice.:cool:

SBF1

ps that's a spoiler not a wing.:p

Matt34

Matt34

With what shocks? :D

Nice, I like that spoiler.
Tokico D-Specs, alignment came out great too, saved me from purchasing camber kits.

Just got it back, will post some pics later tonight.;)

J,

I have different wheels on order but you and Sheep aren't going to like them either.:p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Tokico D-Specs, alignment came out great too, saved me from purchasing camber kits.

Just got it back, will post some pics later tonight.;)

J,

I have different wheels on order but you and Sheep aren't going to like them either.:p
Oh great, a 350 with 22s

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Dropped with Tanabe NF210 1.2" all around.

My buddies 05 STI

Other friend's stroked MTI built 402ci ZO6 with a 150 shot of nitrous, he can put liter bikes to shame.;)

The bikes, the yellow/blue CBR 1000rr just had a 40 shot installed, ran a 10.4@138mph. He needs to get it tuned still.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Lookin good matt.

Just an update for everyone.... My car has been running a little off as of late. Every time i started it, it was running on 3 cylinders, then the 4th would kick in. I've also been overheating after a certain amount of driving... but to and from work has been fine. Figured it was the TW sensor, I was going to have one ordered and installed after the long weekend, but today my car stopped running on 4 cylinders all together, and was spewing white smoke.

Turns out, the Head gasket is shot, and I'll need a rebuild. Considering my head is beaten up, with broken exhaust studs for the manifold, and owned my a Filipino person before me, I'm just going to do a Mini-Me SOHC VTEC swap instead. I'm going to buy a triple layer high comp head gasket and ARP head studs and a D16Z6 head, then a PM6 ECU with a Vtec chip. Hopefully, I'll have it up and running again soon.

SheepStar

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis