Car modding/projects thread!

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
So do I still have the fastest car in this thread?

Sean

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
13.6 for a first time at the track in that thing is still pretty good. So is 14.3 with a fully loaded car :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, this thing pulled up next to us in the pit area. It was his first time at the track and it was on street tires so he was only able to manage a 13.6.

NIIICCCEEEE
I'd get a Shelby if I had a spare 50 grand lyin' around.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Top gear tested the shelby GT500 and the 500hp version (which ever they're called I can't remember. One had 420bhp, one had 500).

Anywho, the 420bhp version had a much better suspension system and traction, and turned quicker lap times compared the 500 hp model.

Food for thought,

SheepStar

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does anybody know if the BMW Z4 Coupe with traction control and snowtires would make a good enough winter car?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Does anybody know if the BMW Z4 Coupe with traction control and snowtires would make a good enough winter car?
Hi R&R Ninja,

In Florida yes, Maryland...maybe, Colorado...no.:D (smart butt humor.)

I'm really don't know for sure. It would depend on where you live. (I can't recall where your from) I would think with really good winter tires, an automatic, traction control and maybe a little extra weight in the back, 1"-2" of snow might not be that big of a problem. Could get scary real fast though!:eek:

By the way Thats not what they mean by "Drifting",:rolleyes:
SBF1

Matt34

Matt34

Maybe getting my "realistic" dream car come Tuesday. I'll spill the beans when the deal is sealed.;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yeahno.

Might be picking up some new rims and rubber soon. GSR blades and Yokohamma rubbers (unknown model).

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Well, I can't hold it in anymore.:D Finalized the deal today on a Pike's Peak White 2007 Nissan 350z with the Enthusiast package and 6spd. Will take delivery of it no later than Friday, it has to come from Phoenix.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I can't hold it in anymore.:D Finalized the deal today on a Pike's Peak White 2007 Nissan 350z with the Enthusiast package and 6spd. Will take delivery of it no later than Friday, it has to come from Phoenix.
Are you keeping the neon?

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

Are you keeping the neon?

SheepStar
Nope, trading it in. I couldn't refuse the deal, they gave me more the KBB and way more than I owed. Plus I got to take off most of the mods and put the OEM parts back on.

Poor thing only had 8000 miles on it too.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nope, trading it in. I couldn't refuse the deal, they gave me more the KBB and way more than I owed. Plus I got to take off most of the mods and put the OEM parts back on.

Poor thing only had 8000 miles on it too.
Well, it's good to see you modding a REAL car (Civics and Neons have their limits). That 350 with a TT kit and some suspension would dominate everything.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
This is a picture my friend rendered for me. It my car, in my shop.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not feeling the smoked bumper lights. I always liked blades except for one small detail - only one direction...

Matt, congrats on the 350! Nice ride.

Top gear tested the shelby GT500 and the 500hp version (which ever they're called I can't remember. One had 420bhp, one had 500).

Anywho, the 420bhp version had a much better suspension system and traction, and turned quicker lap times compared the 500 hp model.
What about the NEW one? The GT500 KR? 540hp :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Not feeling the smoked bumper lights. I always liked blades except for one small detail - only one direction...
Actually, the blades deal fell through. Sold before I could get them (had brand new yoko rubber too).

The signals are the same color as the corners, and Amber is JDM. Clears are too bland on a white car. Plus, I made these corners using glass paint. $9 ambers, that would run $40 at a performance shop.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I usually pick that stuff up used off forums, so prices aren't ridiculous :) Yes, clears do look funny on white cars and on black cars too IMO, which is why I might switch to amber bumper signals. My stock ones are clear, but one is cracked and I recently polished my fog lights and then had one of those crack too...(Acrylic)

Pic of my fogs. Left (facing) is Luminics bulb, right is the cover from a 93 Legend (which is what I was installing) They are a lot more yellow in person than in the pic:

So now that I mentioned the KR, Shelby goes and throws down the gauntlet, introducing the Super Snake - 600bhp with a Ford factory warranty OR 725bhp with no warranty... You have to buy a GT500 and then send it to Shelby in Las Vegas and he will return it to you as a Super Snake. Supposed to be intended to combat the Z06 and Viper.

Last edited:
Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Sheep, I must say I like your car, even though I'm not much of a Honda person. It's cool that you're keeping your mods away from turbos and such; keep the rice factor down a little ; P

Matt, nice purchase! You must be happy with it; we need more pics though!

A lot of you guys have cool cars too, but I only read like 4 pages of posts, so I can't comment further ; )

Going to post my ride in a few...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis