Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The real question should be asked, Why do you want a gun in the first place. Or is it a ego thing. OR do you think your some sort of redneck
How would you defend yourself if someone enters your home, by force?

highfigh

highfigh

Exactly, When you can't or simply don't have the brains to answer a reasonable question, Simply change the subject..

Is it any wonder that your country is simply out of control when it comes to firearms, You really do live in a Hill Billy existence
So, generalizing about the WHOLE country, eh? That's really not intelligent. Go ahead and look at the problem through the lens of TV news- I'm sure THAT can be trusted.

If you want a better/more accurate view, read or watch the news in local news outlets in cities like Chicago, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Houston, several in Florida, California, New York, etc.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What toddler, he's 6 years old.

I want more details about this case and we're not getting any.

I admit to posting that I think the media needs to slow the release of info when mass shootings occur, in order to prevent copycat responses- maybe that's why we're seeing so little info. I don't expect little kids to go off the rails, but who known how someone might act after seeing this- maybe they'll go after the kid's mom. Who knows?
My post was a reply to post #693 by @GO-NAD! that was a Twitter link about a toddler dragging a loaded hand gun, and not about the 6 year old. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

In addition to the mental health aspect, Domestic Violence needs to be addressed better by cities where it happens frequently. These situations are the most volatile and they result in the deaths of more police officers and others who aren't involved than any other- whole families are killed before the perpetrator ends their own life by their own hand, or in a 'Death By Cop' act. I know some people think or say "Well, good!" when an officer is killed, but that's a stupid reaction and I doubt anyone wants to live in a place where the police don't exist. Bad cops need to go, but leave the good ones be.

People who can't get along need to accept that fact but when relationships end, it gets ugly, fast. Restraining orders are violated, people who can't legally possess firearms get them and people die. Kids die. They end up being the object of peoples' rage and all they did was enter the world without asking, born to people who often should never have bred and far too often, that happens unintentionally and the kids are unwanted, not cared for properly and many are beaten by either or both "parents".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Exactly, When you can't or simply don't have the brains to answer a reasonable question, Simply change the subject..

Is it any wonder that your country is simply out of control when it comes to firearms, You really do live in a Hill Billy existence
Did you read my post?

I'm agreeing with you that people have an insane obsession with guns and the fact that they talk about them like they're toys is a massive problem.

They have one purpose. To make alive things dead. That's a very serious thing that people joke about and it causes a lot of issues. Like toddlers getting access to them. That should never happen. How those people passed a background check is beyond my understanding.

highfigh

highfigh

Did you read my post?

I'm agreeing with you that people have an insane obsession with guns and the fact that they talk about them like they're toys is a massive problem.

They have one purpose. To make alive things dead. That's a very serious thing that people joke about and it causes a lot of issues. Like toddlers getting access to them. That should never happen. How those people passed a background check is beyond my understanding.
I think the hobby aspect should be appreciated (but it won't be, by people who think guns need to disappear from the surface of the planet)- for some competitors, it's their version of a bowling or darts league and some people are involved in this for many years, if not decades. I have seen some impressive trophies for firearm competitions.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
How would you defend yourself if someone enters your home, by force?
I would buy a big hairy dog, Really if someone want's to brake in, and rape the Cat, All they need to do is open the door. We don't lock up the house when we go out, By the sound of it, you walk around the home waving a gun, in case the milkman or the postie goes feral. Next thing your going to tell us is that you have a barbed wire entanglement, and a couple of watch towers.

So here's you story. Someone starts a home invasion, You say wait as moment while I find a gun and some bullets. Is that how it works ??
I'm afraid your country is completely out of control, your gun crazy, Would you like to comment on the lady that contated 911, because someone was trying to steal her car . When the redneck cops arrived they shot her. It really does defy description.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I think the hobby aspect should be appreciated (but it won't be, by people who think guns need to disappear from the surface of the planet)- for some competitors, it's their version of a bowling or darts league and some people are involved in this for many years, if not decades. I have seen some impressive trophies for firearm competitions.
True and every time someone proclaims that 'guns' have no purpose other than to kill people it tells those of us involved in the various shooting sports how un-educated that segment of the population is when it comes to firearms.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If gun culture hadn't gone completely off the rails, we probably wouldn't be hearing people advocate a complete ban of firearms.

I have no issues with target shooting competitions. I used to hunt years ago and I always enjoyed going to the range when I was in the service. And, biathlon is an impressive sport. But, when it comes to tactical shooting competitions, it comes across as so much commando cosplay - very cringe.

Highly recommend reading this piece:
It's the Guns. - by Brian Klaas (substack.com)

highfigh

highfigh

I would buy a big hairy dog, Really if someone want's to brake in, and rape the Cat, All they need to do is open the door. We don't lock up the house when we go out, By the sound of it, you walk around the home waving a gun, in case the milkman or the postie goes feral. Next thing your going to tell us is that you have a barbed wire entanglement, and a couple of watch towers.

So here's you story. Someone starts a home invasion, You say wait as moment while I find a gun and some bullets. Is that how it works ??
I'm afraid your country is completely out of control, your gun crazy, Would you like to comment on the lady that contated 911, because someone was trying to steal her car . When the redneck cops arrived they shot her. It really does defy description.
You can't just think all people are the same! We have people (really hard to call them 'people') who'll stop at nothing to steal from people. Hell, the city where I live (near, not actually in) had more than 8,000 auto thefts, mostly Kia and Hyundai- read the link- in 2022, auto theft was up by 767% over 2021. Let that sink in for a minute. The link also includes "Milwaukee first started experiencing the problem in fall 2020. By 2021, more than two-thirds of vehicles stolen in Milwaukee were made by Kia and Hyundai and more than half of the thieves caught were children. The city had more vehicle thefts than Chicago.".

I don't know where you get your information, but it's wrong. Sure, the US has areas where people leave their doors unlocked, but nobody who knows what's happening does that in the major cities. That ship sailed a long time ago for most, although some naive people still do it, then complain that someone 'broke into' their house or garage.

Many are gun crazy- I wouldn't disagree with that.

Where was the woman shot by the police?

WRT "By the sound of it, you walk around the home waving a gun, in case the milkman or the postie goes feral."- don't be ridiculous.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
True and every time someone proclaims that 'guns' have no purpose other than to kill people it tells those of us involved in the various shooting sports how un-educated that segment of the population is when it comes to firearms.
But there are none in this thread that claims that?

highfigh

highfigh

If gun culture hadn't gone completely off the rails, we probably wouldn't be hearing people advocate a complete ban of firearms.

I have no issues with target shooting competitions. I used to hunt years ago and I always enjoyed going to the range when I was in the service. And, biathlon is an impressive sport. But, when it comes to tactical shooting competitions, it comes across as so much commando cosplay - very cringe.

Highly recommend reading this piece:
It's the Guns. - by Brian Klaas (substack.com)
People who want a complete ban often change their tune after being robbed. Democrat Sen Diane Feinstein was in San Francisco City Hall when someone shot one of the city council members and she has a concealed firearm permit, but she has also been one of the louder voices FOR gun control.

Too many idiots want to play 'Army' as adults. I know guys who talk about what they would do if someone were to break into their house and while it may play out that way, one of them would probably need to ask the invader to wait while he hobbles over to the gun because his back is so bad. From his comments on many topics, I would say he's a strong Democrat. Another is someone I have referred to in this discussion- wears a serving platter-sized NRA belt buckle and couldn't complete the Amendment if someone, ironically, held a gun to his head. He has a cousin who could be described as 'unhinged' WRT guns and even went so far as to get a job at Gander Mountain, just to get the employee discount on guns & ammo. That guy has a serious problem with his temper, too- I have seen him go off when a minor problem occurred and I'm glad he wasn't armed at the time. These two are hard Right- it's on both sides of the political aisle.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm currently reading this book, by the same author:
Corruptible Book — BRIAN KLAAS (brianpklaas.com)
Recommend that, as well.
WRT "Does power corrupt, or are corrupt people drawn to power?"- I would have to answer yes, to both. Have you ever met someone who always had some idea for something that would make him 'important', a 'get rich quick' scheme or thought of some kind of scam? Maybe not- we have a lot of turds in this country.

highfigh

highfigh

No, this is how it can happen-

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
highfigh

highfigh

"" three of the six victims' names appear on a witness list for a pending homicide case in Milwaukee County Court. ""
After reading that, one thing about gangs or organized crime, if they want you dead well there are so many other ways to reach that goal.
It's part of the charm of living in this wonderful place..........

In my life, I never expected the US Marshalls to arrest someone in the house next door, but that happened in October. Fortunately, it went down without incident, but MKE has gone off of the rails and nobody is trying anything sensible to shove it back onto the tracks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis