Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yet, it's the invoking of 2A that prevents the implementation of common sense regulations, such as safe storage.

"Y'all makin' me lock up muh guns!? That impedes muh raght tuh bear arms!!!
Dude: You'll have to take my guns from my cold dead hands!
Society: OK

:p

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Dude: You'll have to take my guns from my cold dead hands!
Society: OK

:p
If only that were possible. What a stupid thing for Heston to say but one thing is true- he knew his audience.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yet, it's the invoking of 2A that prevents the implementation of common sense regulations, such as safe storage.

"Y'all makin' me lock up muh guns!? That impedes muh raght tuh bear arms!!!
too funny, is that how the Canuck hillbillies talk ?

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Me too, I think I will go to our private rifle range and practice with my Anschhutz .22LR , off hand Metalic Silhouette, at 40, 60 75 and 100 meters. Although, it is to cold outside, but can do the indoor range with paper animal size images, at 50 foot. :cool:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Me too, I think I will go to our private rifle range and practice with my Anschhutz .22LR , off hand Metalic Silhouette, at 40, 60 75 and 100 meters. Although, it is to cold outside, but can do the indoor range with paper animal size images, at 50 foot. :cool:
I wish every sport shooter could do this. Then: go home, clean the firearm, and LOCK IT UP, UNLOADED.

I'm confident that's what you will do. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That looks like a very nice rifle. I want a nice .22, but that's a bit far out of my range to just start out. I haven't shot a .22 in a long time.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
with all of this gun talk, I think I'll go have a little sporting clay fun tomorrow.
Chris, let's do it ! I'll be down for the month of March, I shoot Sarasota every year. let me know !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Very good, I shot that discipline for years with my trusty Anschutz Model 52 along with 50 foot indoor Gallery competition over fifty years ago in High School. Lots of fun, both !

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
My wife is a lot better than I. Something about reflexes. :rolleyes:
More like male ego in my experience. Every time I have taken a couple to the range for some instruction the women is always better. Why? Because they actually listen to the instructions where as the man has watched many action movies and such and is sure he's going to shoot well. They don't. ;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
More like male ego in my experience. Every time I have taken a couple to the range for some instruction the women is always better. Why? Because they actually listen to the instructions where as the man has watched many action movies and such and is sure he's going to shoot well. They don't. ;)
NO ego here. Pretty much fact.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have a couple of pistols a 22 and 38. Bought both with a background check. I still for the life of me don't understand a reluctance to require background checks for any firearm purchase.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
When a six year od can take a gun to his pre-school and shoot a teacher, you lot really do have a problem. But as always nothing will happen, It's just another shooting like the 6000 shooting's in 2022
It might just be time to wake up.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have a couple of pistols a 22 and 38. Bought both with a background check. I still for the life of me don't understand a reluctance to require background checks for any firearm purchase.
Never had an issue with a background check. I've got clearances and such too, and those were much more intrusive than what I had to do to buy a gun.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis