Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Sicker Than H1N1

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The economy is dicey and NPD analysts say video game revenue is down 13 percent. But when the going gets tough, Activision Blizzard gets going – with what could be the top grossing entertainment blockbuster of the year, despite all odds. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the most hotly anticipated video game of the year. Some predict Modern Warfare 2 will break records as the top grossing piece of entertainment ever – period, beating out The Dark Knight’s $155 million weekend opener while topping sales of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Discuss "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Sicker Than H1N1" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Just started the campaign this morning, so far I like it, the graphics and sound are good, as are the controls.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I played through the first 3-4 levels on PC this morning. Stellar graphics and inspiring gameplay. The AI in the mission in Rio I think it is was amazing. With enemies flurrying around you if you stay in one spot for more than 10 seconds. Very realistic way the rebels would arrive upon your position and continue to build in masses. A far cry from the totally scripted "wave" of baddies that you would normally see. Actually I have never seen this implemented better. Hats off IW!

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Ok, read the main post first this time.
Love the graphics and the game is freakin' hard. I had to stop just after finishing the snowmobile level, but I can't wait to get back in.

T

terzaghi

Audiophyte
I bought my xbox 360 copy at midnight as well... However, I went to walmart. I arived at 11:50 and was the 10th in line. I even got the version of the game that is "signed" by IW team along with a MW2 poster and a free monster energy shooter. I guess it is best not to attend midnight releases at game stores. I have about 7.5 hours of online playtime and haven't even touched the single player campaign yet.

Last edited:
Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I agree, I should probably have gone to Wal-Mart too.

(minor spoiler)

It's been a great game so far. I am bouncing back and forth between the Rio mission and the Suburban USA mission as Rangers. It's actually a bit scary looking at the US all war-torn, it gave me chills seeing the realism, not just the graphics but sound, fluttering garbage and debris. THe single player campaign is truly a great game! I highly recommend it.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Funny, because it's easily one of the most over-hype, unoriginal and mundane games I've played in awhile.

$60 for a 4 hour single player campaign and a botched multiplayer, no thanks. The SP would've have exceptional, had it been released a few years ago. It's just recycled Cod4, nothing new here. The visuals are pretty good, but nothing amazing or ground breaking. I do love the sound track.

MP is a botched piece of trash. Why us PC players have to use some broken console match making system is beyond me. My ping is pretty decent, but the lag is very noticeable. Hackers are rampant, and with no kick/ban option, you're only choice is to leave the match and find a new one.

And they want $60 for this? haha

Last edited:
Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
it's easily one of the most over-hype, unoriginal and mundane games... It's just recycled Cod4, nothing new here... nothing amazing or ground breaking. MP is a botched piece of trash.
I understand PC gamers will be annoyed, perhaps it's even a deal-breaker for you, I totally understand. I used to be a dedicated PC gamer but I use any format these days.

If all you say is true, please, let me know what PC game out today is amazing, ground breaking visually stunning and original? I will run out the door and buy it now!

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
There really aren't any pc exclusives that fall into that. The great ones all have console counterparts.

Though I do prefer running my games in 1920x1200.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I am looking forward to the new Cyrsis II coming early next year, supposedly. It's supposed to have ground breaking graphics, there'll be console equivalents but consoles can't do the same res so... I'm thinking for Crysis I might stick with PC.

I'd be doing MW2 on ps3 even if PC wasn't broken, it's how all my friends play it and we'll be doing multi-play together.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I am looking forward to the new Cyrsis II coming early next year, supposedly. It's supposed to have ground breaking graphics, there'll be console equivalents but consoles can't do the same res so... I'm thinking for Crysis I might stick with PC.

I'd be doing MW2 on ps3 even if PC wasn't broken, it's how all my friends play it and we'll be doing multi-play together.
MW2 looks tons better on PC. My buddy has it for PS3 and I was rather disgusted with the comparison.

H

hillbill

Audioholic
Funny, because it's easily one of the most over-hype, unoriginal and mundane games I've played in awhile.

$60 for a 4 hour single player campaign and a botched multiplayer, no thanks. The SP would've have exceptional, had it been released a few years ago. It's just recycled Cod4, nothing new here. The visuals are pretty good, but nothing amazing or ground breaking. I do love the sound track.

MP is a botched piece of trash. Why us PC players have to use some broken console match making system is beyond me. My ping is pretty decent, but the lag is very noticeable. Hackers are rampant, and with no kick/ban option, you're only choice is to leave the match and find a new one.

And they want $60 for this? haha

Wow. First negative comment I've seen this week. Hmm...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yup...100% of them. Which I think are about 13 people worldwide at this point. :)
Based on the reviews at Amazon, it seems like there are quite a few PC gamers who are unhappy with it (216 one-star reviews out of 259 total).

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Based on the reviews at Amazon, it seems like there are quite a few PC gamers who are unhappy with it (216 one-star reviews out of 259 total).
They removed the Dedicated Server component from the game completely.

Think of it this way Adam.

It would be like stripping Audioholics of the right to choose what gear you wanted for your HT. The only options are preconfigured HTIB solutions that are not customizable nor do they have any calibration settings.

Kinda takes the wind out of our sails doesn't it?

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I guess you missed the online petition that had over 100k signatures in just over a day.

T

terzaghi

Audiophyte
Just as an update,

I think that the Multiplayer on this game is amazing... whoever said it sucks is nuts. VERY addicting. Best FPS multiplayer game to date by FAR. ( I only play xbox and ps3 games so can't compare to other PC games.)

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Just as an update,

I think that the Multiplayer on this game is amazing... whoever said it sucks is nuts. VERY addicting. Best FPS multiplayer game to date by FAR. ( I only play xbox and ps3 games so can't compare to other PC games.)
Are you being serious?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis