Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Sicker Than H1N1

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have been doing the Spec Ops missions with my brother. This game is awesome!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Still have about 5 Spec Ops missions to complete. The missions that have juggernauts are a pain the ***, you really have to keep your distance and snipe them. Still they are lots of fun.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Me and a friend have been having a lot of fun with the spec ops level in the house with all the juggernauts. They make it quite interesting. They surprise you. :eek:

I entered prestige mode and am up to level 36 so far. I have only used the FAMAS since entering prestige mode. That gun kicks some serious ***. I don't know if anyone has ever heard Bill Handel but our screen names (PC) are YouHaveNoCase and GoPoundSand. :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Me and a friend have been having a lot of fun with the spec ops level in the house with all the juggernauts. They make it quite interesting. They surprise you. :eek:

I entered prestige mode and am up to level 36 so far. I have only used the FAMAS since entering prestige mode. That gun kicks some serious ***. I don't know if anyone has ever heard Bill Handel but our screen names (PC) are YouHaveNoCase and GoPoundSand. :D
We have probably logged in 20+ hours just on the spec ops alone. Need to beat the final breach and clear mission (we should have beat this already, its not too bad), killing 10 juggernauts (this one is frustrating with the weapons you are given), killing 15 juggernauts as well as the one you control the tank on the street (we get raped after the second wave of guys in the first house).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Completed the kill 15 juggernauts mission. Does anyone have any strategies for the 10 juggernauts mission? You are only given a rocket launcher, thumper and knife which makes it extremely difficult because you have to be in somewhat close range. Certainly not as effective as the .50 caliber sniper rifles you can use in the other mission.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
First of all, I play video games the way God intended us to.. with a joystick (okay, a Dual Shock 3 controller nowadays, but let's not argue semantics)

Secondly, this game ROCKS - my only complaint with it was that the campaign is fantastic, but way too short as is the case with the entire COD franchise. I beat it within a week (just playing little bits here and there). I think the realism and game physics were some of the best I've seen yet and did, quite frankly hit a nerve with some of the scenes (i.e., Virginia and D.C. burning, and the more sinister airport scene...*shudder*). The multi-player is incredible, definitely better than MW1, and I've had no issues or latency whatsoever with the PS3.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just picked this up last week because it was on sale. Got it for $40 from Best Buy with a $10 RZ cert :D I haven't even had time to play it yet.

R

Ridly

Audiophyte
christ this is a good game. The riot shield is an interesting add. Pretty cool stuff.

B

bhodge

Junior Audioholic
Completed the kill 15 juggernauts mission. Does anyone have any strategies for the 10 juggernauts mission? You are only given a rocket launcher, thumper and knife which makes it extremely difficult because you have to be in somewhat close range. Certainly not as effective as the .50 caliber sniper rifles you can use in the other mission.
I found that the 10 juggernauts are easier (not easy) with one player. When playing with 2 its harder to keep a distance and if one of you goes down its extremely difficult to pick them up. That is unless you use the method which I would call cheating, not technically but I don't see the logic is buying a game and then using a loop hole to beat it.

The rocket launcher will kill them in one hit if you hit them in the head. Which is easier said than done since the rocket doesn't fly straight. They key isn't to get the perfect shot, its to get close. If you wait too long and you can't get out of the way when the juggernaut recovers then you are screwed.

So flash 'em, rocket 'em and if you are lucky that will be it. If you miss try once more with the rocket. If you are hitting them with the rockets then you only need a couple of grenades from the thumper to kill them so strife back and forth between a wall and pop them.

This is all easy when its one on one but they come in waves of 1-1-2-3-3. But once you get multiple juggernauts once you kill one in the wave, the next wave starts. Thats where the one kill shot comes in handy. If you don't kill them quick you can get into trouble fast.

The best strategy when multiple juggernauts appear is to run around until you get them walking next to each other and follow the same strategy as if you were fighting just one of them. When you flash them they all go down and if you are lucky each rocket you shoot will damage all of them to some degree. The best place to attack them (from my experience) is that long street in front of the ammo at the beginning. Go to the end of the street and you can flash them as they come around the corner, then shoot them and run down half way there is a side street, pop in and throw a flash (and shoot) then run to the end of the street and do the same thing. Then run in a circle around that area to repeat the process. But at some point you will have to run a different path because of how the juggernauts spawn...also keep in mind that if you run too fast around the circle the juggernauts will turn around and come from the other way.

Also stay away from the red exploding barrels (or better yet shoot them with the thumper when you see one). They are more dangerous to you then helpful against the juggernauts as one explodes near you, you are dead. One explodes near them they are only injured.

Its hard and frustrating but its possible. When I did it, I finished in just over 5 minutes, but killed the first 6 with one shot.

Good luck

C

cravenkay

Audioholic Intern
Activision is thinking to charge $15 a month subscription fee for the multiplayer game. :mad:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1389056
no chance in HELL. this game is NOTHING like world of warcraft and i will tell you right now once you hit 10th prestige it gets quite boring so if they plan on constantly updating the material every quater like WOW they will not see the same results.
MW2 will constantly need to have new map, guns and level updates but a FPS like this just doesnt seem like it can take the same route.
if they put a monthly subscription on this i will be the first to ebay my copy.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Finished all the Spec OPS except for Wetwork. Any tips for the final breach and clear room at the end of the mission.

jbrillo

jbrillo

Junior Audioholic
This game is so much fun it's addictive. Yes, there are some times(not always) that the matchmaking is slow, but I don't feel it takes away from any of the fun I derive once a match starts. Matching different weapons, attachments, & perks is a blast. The picture & sound are awesome. While the game may not be "groundbreaking", I play games b/c they're fun & this one is definitely fun for me.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I just went back and played MW1 today...I has forgotten how poor of a game MW2 is compared to MW1... sigh, oh well, at least there are still a ton of people playing MW1

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Finished all the Spec OPS except for Wetwork. Any tips for the final breach and clear room at the end of the mission.
Get your aim up. It's hard on veteran, but it's not impossible. I found that one easier than the Estate mission in Delta with the juggernauts.

Oh, get a partner for the breach and clear. But make sure it's someone that won't just shoot the hostages. :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

The final two Death-By-Jugs missions are driving me freagin insane. Wetwork was cake, but these two are freagin infuriating!!!! ARGH!!!!

So far 69 stars evades my grasp damnit... just 4 more stars!!!!!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The final two Death-By-Jugs missions are driving me freagin insane. Wetwork was cake, but these two are freagin infuriating!!!! ARGH!!!!

So far 69 stars evades my grasp damnit... just 4 more stars!!!!!
Its insanely difficult however there are some cheap ways to beat both of them very easily with two players.

For the "kill ten juggernauts" mission the trick is where you initially spawn there is a room to the far left (which you can enter by a window). Have you and your partner both enter the room. You will see a kitchen table in the room. Have one individual take cover and have the other move forward towards to entrance (this where where the juggernauts will try to enter). Have the second player stand right by the door exposed and let him get killed by the first juggernaut. Now once your partner is dead he can succesfully block the entrance and the juggernauts will not be able to get to you at the table. The person behind the table can now take cover and thumper, grenade, rocket launcher all incoming juggernauts. Revive your teammate every once in a while and restock ammo when you can. One you try this it is super easy to beat this one.

For the "kill 15 juggernauts" have one individual stay at the spawn point, have the second player slowly attract juggernauts one at a time and have him run back to the spawn point. Plant claymores on the stairs and when you see them trying to go down the stairs and exposed, have you and your partner sniper them to death. Hardest part with this one is attracting the juggernaut and running back safely to the starting point. Once you get back to the starting point, it is fairly easy to kill them. At some points multiple ones will be coming down the stairs.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Minus, we beat the 10 jug mission a couple days ago. It was freagin tough, but we pulled it off. It took us literally 3 hours of playing from midnight Saturday to 3am early Sunday morning.

As for the other one, that was the tactic I was thinking of from our first attempt. One spawned immediately coming down the stairs and I took him down in seconds with the Barrett. We're only 3 stars away now! Should have time to do it tonight. I'm also going through the single player on veteran to get those achievements. It's the first game I want all the achievements for.

Tarub, Vietnam war era would suck. Modern Warfare should be about modern times! One of the coolest things for me in MW2 is that I deal with all of that technology one way or another at my job, so it's cool to see it all accurately depicted in the game. It's real cool.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis