TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well things are moving quickly.

It seems Corbyn lost his vote of confidence from his MPs 172 to 40, but still refuses to go!

Opinion polls this evening indicate that only Boris Johnson can ensure a conservative victory if a general election is held if Jeremy Corbyn is replaced which he likely will be. Conservative MPs including those from Remain are jumping ship fast tonight. This is helped by the anticipated stupidity and the intransigence of the EU.

Claude Junker, EU president made a fatuous speech about one of the wings of the EU having been cut off by Brexit, but is still flying. In the UK the Monty Python "Flesh Wound" sketch from the Holy Grail has been frequently sited to highlight the stupidity of this remark.

David Cameron pointed out that the UK would insist on abandoning the free movement of people clause, and would not trade it for favorable trading deals.

Mr Cameron's comments come as EU leaders appear split over whether to attempt to negotiate a deal with Britain which would allow the UK to maintain economic ties with the EU despite the referendum result.

Jean Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission, on Tuesday attempted to ban nations from negotiating with the UK until Article 50 - the formal mechanism for leaving the EU - is triggered.

But Eastern European nations - including Poland - want to speak with UK leaders in the hope that a deal can be struck.

It came as Poland joined the Czech Republic on Tuesday in demanding Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission, step down. Witold Waszczykowski, the Polish foreign minister, demanded that powers be stripped from the Commission and handed to national governments sitting in the European Council, and denounced Mr Juncker’s recent comments that prime ministers “listen too much” to voters.

He said Mr Juncker had lost the “right” to “fix” Europe. "New politicians, new commissioners should undertake this task,” he said. Mr Juncker, reputed to be a heavy drinker and smoker, hit back at growing press criticism of his health.

By way of explanation all this comes about as the Eurozone is not a transfer union, so enormous discrepancies arise in what Euro will purchase from one country to another. In addition the edicts from the EU especially from the German quarter result in onerous unfair internal devaluations. This policy is a massive job destroyer and sends people into poverty at a catastrophic rate.

So the UK is overwhelmed with EU migrants from Eastern Europe and South Med. Overcrowding is the rule with small UK houses not only packed to the rafters but literally into the rafters creating appalling conditions. At the same time Eastern Europe in particular looses skilled workers.

Claude Junker and Angela Merkel have dug their heels in a said free movement of labor is not negotiable.

It seems to me that many conservative MPs who were in the Remain camp are having a rapid change of view tonight after today's events. I think they are coming to the conclusion that the voters narrowly got it right and they got it wrong. There are encouraging signs of these MPs switching allegiance to Boris Johnson.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
When historians look to put their finger on what it was that tipped the scales to leave, discussion over the importance of one brave actress's actions will stand as Britain's 21st century finest hour.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Another interesting take...
Writer Ben Stein says Britain's exit from the EU was partially related to an epidemic of rapes ignored by the authorities and the media:
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/was-brexit-sparked-rapes

"In the wake of a decision about ten years ago that allowed about 1.5 million Middle Easterners and Somalis into Sweden, Stockholm’s rape rate has gone up by a factor of about fifteen. Most of it has come from these immigrants and their sons.

Not all, but a lot of white and Asian Europeans are sick of it. They don’t want any more immigrants. They’re done with Political Correctness. They’re sick of taking in refugees and seeing their good deeds go paid with rape."

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Another interesting take...
Writer Ben Stein says Britain's exit from the EU was partially related to an epidemic of rapes ignored by the authorities and the media:

"In the wake of a decision about ten years ago that allowed about 1.5 million Middle Easterners and Somalis into Sweden, Stockholm’s rape rate has gone up by a factor of about fifteen. Most of it has come from these immigrants and their sons.

Not all, but a lot of white and Asian Europeans are sick of it. They don’t want any more immigrants. They’re done with Political Correctness. They’re sick of taking in refugees and seeing their good deeds go paid with rape."
Yes, this was a factor. The Northern town of Rotheram was ground zero in this. There was appalling abuse of white teenagers by Muslim gangs. This was covered up over a long period of time it turns out. The police and social workers felt constrained by excessive political correctness not to confront this. In addition Muslims got control of local school boards and started introducing Muslim practice such as segregating boys and girls and worse.

In attempts to deal with this, especially the ring leaders, the European Court of justice have been less than helpful and denying deportation orders, maintaining these offenders "Have a right to a family life!" Their rulings have over ruled UK courts repeatedly. All this has been set up without the citizens consent and without electoral oversight.

Members here have claimed the EU is largely a trading organization, that is now a minor function.

I have no doubt that the issue you site Rich, was a big factor in the out vote across the traditional Labor heartlands of the old industrial north.

Immigration has played a part in this.

About this the CNN interview with Nigel Farage in Brussels last night is pertinent.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
My $$ on those who aren't sick of it either haven't been a victim of it or don't know anyone who was.

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-economist/muslim-refugees-enroll-in-canadian-high-school-this-happens-immediately

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/29/idaho-refugee-sex-assault-child-victim-terrified-of-leaving-home-after-horrific-attack-one-assailant-still-lives-next-door/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
TLS, I read where the EU said that in order for GB to get access to EU trade bloc, GB will have to accept migrants without conditions. This they said was a non negotiable matter. Running with that thought for the moment, when folks from other countries migrate to GB what sort of financial and other assistance do they receive and for how long?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
Nice. Farage, a repeated failed MP and former commodities trader (a wholly extractive rather than productive enterprise), felt he had the moral high ground to lecture Vytenis, who grew up in the Soviet gulag and became a cardio-surgeon, over 'never having a job in the real world.' That's rich.

TLS, as a fellow doc/surgeon, how does that make you feel?

highfigh

highfigh

Ever heard the stats about the percentage of US women who have been raped or sexually abused at some point in their life? It's a lot higher than most people would imagine and that info came to me from someone who was abused and the problem isn't just about women, it's about children, too. If you really want to curl your toes, look at the sex offender map in your area- it's disgusting!

I don't know if this map will show, but this is for only one zip code in Milwaukee-

http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/offenders/geographic/showmap

Here's another zip code-

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Stories about the prevalence of rape in the popular press mean nothing without context. Rape is frequent compared to what? For example, the stories of how shockingly common it is on college campuses. Quoted from the Washington Post:

"College: Awash in booze, governed by frats, treacherous ground for women who fall victim to boorish upperclassmen and end up bruised and violated, with an imperfect system of reporting and justice as their only remedy. Right? That’s the picture that has emerged from a year of stories of sexual assault on campus. One might falsely conclude that American higher education somehow makes young women more vulnerable to aggression and abuse than the general population."

The US Dept. of Justice http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf compared rape among women age 18-24, students vs. non-students:

upload_2016-6-29_20-42-8.png

And breaking it down by year:

upload_2016-6-29_20-43-33.png

All the reports of shockingly high rape among college students were misleading. It was less than among non-college students of the same age.

So all the stories of rape (or other crime) in Europe, or anywhere else, mean little without context. The real data is more complex than the over simplifications.

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Ever heard the stats about the percentage of US women who have been raped or sexually abused at some point in their life? It's a lot higher than most people would imagine and that info came to me from someone who was abused and the problem isn't just about women, it's about children, too. If you really want to curl your toes, look at the sex offender map in your area- it's disgusting!

I don't know if this map will show, but this is for only one zip code in Milwaukee-

Here's another zip code-

One new development as of late is the aspect of gang raping. Not that date rape or similar is any better but when an overpowering gang attacks a helpless girl, a new depth of depravity is reached. To them, it's a game.

As for the five year-old girl in Idaho who was raped by three young teengers, the father of one of the three little angels who also urinated on her and recorded it for posteriety congratulated him.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Nice. Farage, a repeated failed MP and former commodities trader (a wholly extractive rather than productive enterprise), felt he had the moral high ground to lecture Vytenis, who grew up in the Soviet gulag and became a cardio-surgeon, over 'never having a job in the real world.' That's rich.

TLS, as a fellow doc/surgeon, how does that make you feel?
I agree Nigel goes over the top at times. However he and the conservative MEP Daniel Hannan have got to the point where the UK can be free of that undemocratic EU construct.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

TLS, I read where the EU said that in order for GB to get access to EU trade bloc, GB will have to accept migrants without conditions. This they said was a non negotiable matter. Running with that thought for the moment, when folks from other countries migrate to GB what sort of financial and other assistance do they receive and for how long?
This will explain a good deal of the EU migrant benefit system.

The much bigger issue is housing. This massive influx of EU migrants has created a massive housing shortage. This has driven up house prices and above all rents. This has been a massive stress for my brother's administration in Kent.

I saw on the BBC news today, there are now 1 million, largely migrants in temporary housing. Some have been in temporary housing for years. This temporary housing is more often that not a single family with children living in a single room with no cooking facilities, so they exist on take out food.

A good deal of the countryside especially in the South East is under protection, especially from the Green Belt Act. Building houses in not easy. Since around the time of my father's death we have been running the construction housing development company, of which my mother is the major share holder, and I can assure you this is not an easy business. We have just built seven houses at St. Pauls Cray in Kent and have not just bought a parcel of land at Eastbourne on the South Coast for development.

However building will never keep pace with this migrant onslaught. It just has to stop.

The UK will forego all trade deals with the EU to stop this free migration.

If the EU do put up trade barriers then the UK will do likewise, and I anticipate at first an attack on the German car industry.

I think if the EU start this, they will get the worst of it. Counties are already starting to line up for trade deals with the UK, that the EU has forbidden.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Stories about the prevalence of rape in the popular press mean nothing without context. Rape is frequent compared to what? For example, the stories of how shockingly common it is on college campuses. Quoted from the Washington Post:

"College: Awash in booze, governed by frats, treacherous ground for women who fall victim to boorish upperclassmen and end up bruised and violated, with an imperfect system of reporting and justice as their only remedy. Right? That’s the picture that has emerged from a year of stories of sexual assault on campus. One might falsely conclude that American higher education somehow makes young women more vulnerable to aggression and abuse than the general population."

The US Dept. of Justice http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf compared rape among women age 18-24, students vs. non-students:

View attachment 18626

And breaking it down by year:

View attachment 18627

All the reports of shockingly high rape among college students were misleading. It was less than among non-college students of the same age.

So all the stories of rape (or other crime) in Europe, or anywhere else, mean little without context. The real data is more complex than the over simplifications.
Rape statistics among countries and even within a country are impossible to compare if only because there is no uniformity when it comes to how they're counted, defined, or recorded. What seems clear to me is that the authorities have demonstrated a reluctance to divulge the particulars when it comes to who is committing the crimes. The press to some extent has been complicit. When it comes to Sweden, there appears to be a rather sharp increase with a significant number being committed by a minority of the population that are immigrants or migrants,

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
This will explain a good deal of the EU migrant benefit system.

The much bigger issue is housing. This massive influx of EU migrants has created a massive housing shortage. This has driven up house prices and above all rents. This has been a massive stress for my brother's administration in Kent.

I saw on the BBC news today, there are now 1 million, largely migrants in temporary housing. Some have been in temporary housing for years. This temporary housing is more often that not a single family with children living in a single room with no cooking facilities, so they exist on take out food.

A good deal of the countryside especially in the South East is under protection, especially from the Green Belt Act. Building houses in not easy. Since around the time of my father's death we have been running the construction housing development company, of which my mother is the major share holder, and I can assure you this is not an easy business. We have just built seven houses at St. Pauls Cray in Kent and have not just bought a parcel of land at Eastbourne on the South Coast for development.

However building will never keep pace with this migrant onslaught. It just has to stop.

The UK will forego all trade deals with the EU to stop this free migration.

If the EU do put up trade barriers then the UK will do likewise, and I anticipate at first an attack on the German car industry.

I think if the EU start this, they will get the worst of it. Counties are already starting to line up for trade deals with the UK, that the EU has forbidden.
I read an article recently where a fellow from MIT suggested that a major reason why people are finding it difficult to get ahead is the decrease in affordable housing. Even starter homes are hard to come by as they're rapidly bought up and then rented at attractive prices for the owners. And how pathetic is it to see rentals of places that are 100 square feet or less?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
highfigh

highfigh

One new development as of late is the aspect of gang raping. Not that date rape or similar is any better but when an overpowering gang attacks a helpless girl, a new depth of depravity is reached. To them, it's a game.

As for the five year-old girl in Idaho who was raped by three young teengers, the father of one of the three little angels who also urinated on her and recorded it for posteriety congratulated him.
I had read about that- the parents should be held liable and prosecuted, which should also come with deportation. That may fly in Islamic countries, but it should never be allowed or tolerated here, or anywhere else. If they want to leave their home country, fine. They just shouldn't expect, or try to force, the new place to change to their liking or to adopt their old customs.

Anyone who does this to a child needs to be physically damaged, so they CAN'T do it again.

highfigh

highfigh

And isn't restraint of trade great? It's bad enough when businesses do it to each other but when a union of governments do it to a whole country, it's even less tolerable and it really shows how bad this whole concept has become. EU may look good on paper, but in practice,.....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I had read about that- the parents should be held liable and prosecuted, which should also come with deportation. That may fly in Islamic countries, but it should never be allowed or tolerated here, or anywhere else. If they want to leave their home country, fine. They just shouldn't expect, or try to force, the new place to change to their liking or to adopt their old customs.

Anyone who does this to a child needs to be physically damaged, so they CAN'T do it again.
The point I'm trying to make is that we're 're not dealing with normal immigrants who come here to escape persecution and wars and become part of the American fabric. Rather we're importing a different breed of people who don't follow the same moral code as the rest of the world, say civilized people, and refuse to assimilate into our society but are slowly forcing us to accept their moral code, with the end result to make us live by it. Gotta love political correctness..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The only reports of I can find about problems with "adult refugees" at Fredericton High seem to be ones circulating amongst various right-wing alternative media websites. If there was anything of substance to these allegations, there would be at least some mention of it in traditional media. The first thing that made me doubt the veracity of the reports is "One email said that 19 and 20-year-old Syrian migrants". I can't guarantee it, but I don't think we enrol adults in any high schools, as there are other resources for adults to obtain a GED.

Then this:
"TheRebel submitted a freedom of information request to the school, asking for any information regarding problems the school might be having with the integration of Syrian immigrants.

TheRebel received more than 2,700 documents from the school..."

First of all, any FOI request would not go to the school, it would go to the Dept. of Education and secondly, 2700 documents!? If there were that many complaints, there would be no way to cover it up.

We had a similar story circulate around Halifax a couple of months back. One of our local papers is in financial trouble (which ones aren't, eh?) and a dispute with its newsroom led to a strike. Then, they brought in a pile of replacement "journalists" to keep the paper running. One such "journalist" filed a report about problems with refugee kids at a local elementary school. None of it rang true and when other news outlets looked into it, there was nothing but smoke - no basis for the story at all. The paper posted a retraction and apology. It was probably someone who doesn't like "them fereners" trying to stir up crap.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/lezlie-lowe-chronicle-herald-columnist-quits-1.3537537

Rape statistics among countries and even within a country are impossible to compare if only because there is no uniformity when it comes to how they're counted, defined, or recorded. What seems clear to me is that the authorities have demonstrated a reluctance to divulge the particulars when it comes to who is committing the crimes. The press to some extent has been complicit. When it comes to Sweden, there appears to be a rather sharp increase with a significant number being committed by a minority of the population that are immigrants or migrants,
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/swedens-rape-crisis-isnt-what-it-seems/article30019623/

This statement from the article above stands out for me:

"But aren’t refugees and immigrants responsible for a greater share of Sweden’s sexual assaults?

In a sense.
Statistics show that the foreign-born in Sweden, as in most European countries, do have a higher rate of criminal charges than the native-born, in everything from shoplifting to murder (though not enough to affect the crime rate by more than a tiny margin). The opposite is true in North America, where immigrants have lower-than-average crime rates."

Europe has a harder time integrating refugees than Canada and the US, because we can more easily screen out the ne'er-do-wells. They have been inundated with unscreened refugees, so inevitably, there will be some undesirables. Canada is concentrating on low-risk/high-need refugees: single women, women with kids, young families with kids, LGBTQ, etc. Young, single, straight men are at the back of the line. That may be discriminatory; but hey, it's effective.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis