M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You can't really say you trust that MSM feeds you all the truth, can you? Did the Easter Bunny leave you lots of candy this year?

....or is it more likely they pick and choose what they want you to hear and believe and ignore things they don't want made public? Look how much the MSM is reporting on crooked Hillary as her legal issues arise.

And, as for Canada being picky as to who they choose to accept and reject, keep in mind that with the current political correctness bug down her, they will accept anybody. ...except Christians.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/syrian-christians-are-greatest-peril-least-likely-be-admitted

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The only point of my previous post is that jumping to conclusions in the absence of good evidence can lead to false conclusions. I see it going on here in abundance.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You can't really say you trust that MSM feeds you all the truth, can you? Did the Easter Bunny leave you lots of candy this year?

....or is it more likely they pick and choose what they want you to hear and believe and ignore things they don't want made public? Look how much the MSM is reporting on crooked Hillary as her legal issues arise.

And, as for Canada being picky as to who they choose to accept and reject, keep in mind that with the current political correctness bug down her, they will accept anybody. ...except Christians.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/syrian-christians-are-greatest-peril-least-likely-be-admitted
Seriously, Mark? Are you a conspiracy theorist? Because, if exactly zero MSM outlets report on a topic, it means, a) there is no substance to it, or b) they are ALL conspiring to cover it up.

What incentive would there be to bury such a story? They are all in competition for readers/viewers. If one can scoop the others, they will do it. However, if there is no substance and corroboration they won't run with it. It's called responsible journalism.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
A clip from another interesting article:
Norway has to teach immigrants not to rape women.
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/norway-has-teach-immigrants-not-rape-women

Tolerance and acceptance, equality, moral relativism, these have become the trademarks of much of the West’s modern culture. Yet, while many do want tolerance and acceptance in the West, we are often unwilling to confront the fundamental truth that there is no value-neutral society – total tolerance is impossible. Indeed, those demanding tolerance are often quite intolerant of opposing or threatening views.

The problem is that if we admit that our tolerant, egalitarian societies are actually built upon the assertions of varying sets of values, then we find that we cannot be true to our desires of equality and tolerance because there are individuals and cultures who simply do not play by our rules. Ultimately, we face the reality that there can be no value-neutral or morally-neutral culture and that force must be used to maintain the society we want. But such thinking goes against the very premises of tolerance and equality that we’re claiming as the moral foundation for our culture. It’s a nasty catch-22.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Seriously, Mark? Are you a conspiracy theorist? Because, if exactly zero MSM outlets report on a topic, it means, a) there is no substance to it, or b) they are ALL conspiring to cover it up.

What incentive would there be to bury such a story? They are all in competition for readers/viewers. If one can scoop the others, they will do it. However, if there is no substance and corroboration they won't run with it. It's called responsible journalism.
Sorry, guy. It's nice you have such trust in the system. On second thought, maybe it's not.

Responsible journalism dies with Walter Cronkite.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of the MSM controlling the masses...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/27/media-calls-ban-old-people-voting-brexit-vote/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

remember, MSM brought Nixon down for 18 minutes of tape and are giving Hillary a free ride on 30,000 missing emails and Benghazi.
Ever heard of the terms tongue-in-cheek or satire? And, where in the article you posted, does it point to the MSM "controlling the masses"?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/us/politics/benghazi-report-hillary-clinton-house-committee.html

Clinton has been essentially exonerated of "guilt" surrounding Benghazi. The FBI is still investigating the email issue, so are the media to simply speculate, i.e. make it up as they go, as to what the results might be?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
sorry, I distinctly remember seeing a newscast on 9/11/01 that showed various swarthy, bearded people in Jersey City cheering the bombing of the WTC. I never saw that clip again and people denied it ever happened. At that time I was forced to decide whether to believe what I'm told or what I actually saw. Ever since then I've been very skeptical about the MSM.

So, tell me how fair and balanced the news media is.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I did a search at both the Fredericton PD blog as well as their local newspaper and could find no mention of issues at the high school. Did something occur that was as said or overstated, I don't know. But I'd certainly appreciate these emails being made available for scrutiny. It'll be interesting how this plays out in Canada as time goes by.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
A clip from another interesting article:
Norway has to teach immigrants not to rape women.
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/norway-has-teach-immigrants-not-rape-women

Tolerance and acceptance, equality, moral relativism, these have become the trademarks of much of the West’s modern culture. Yet, while many do want tolerance and acceptance in the West, we are often unwilling to confront the fundamental truth that there is no value-neutral society – total tolerance is impossible. Indeed, those demanding tolerance are often quite intolerant of opposing or threatening views.

The problem is that if we admit that our tolerant, egalitarian societies are actually built upon the assertions of varying sets of values, then we find that we cannot be true to our desires of equality and tolerance because there are individuals and cultures who simply do not play by our rules. Ultimately, we face the reality that there can be no value-neutral or morally-neutral culture and that force must be used to maintain the society we want. But such thinking goes against the very premises of tolerance and equality that we’re claiming as the moral foundation for our culture. It’s a nasty catch-22.
There's no question that Middle Eastern and South Asian societies, on the whole, have a lot to learn about tolerance and respect. That's where Canada and the US have an advantage over Europe - we can screen refugees before accepting them. And, although I can't speak for the USA, up here, refugee sponsors assist with integrating to a new country and culture. Will there be incidents that reflect the place they come from? Without a doubt. Are they bad or frequent enough to turn our backs on people who need our help? Not in my opinion. The statistics show that crime rates amongst refugees and immigrants is lower than the native-born.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
sorry, I distinctly remember seeing a newscast on 9/11/01 that showed various swarthy, bearded people in Jersey City cheering the bombing of the WTC. I never saw that clip again and people denied it ever happened. At that time I was forced to decide whether to believe what I'm told or what I actually saw. Ever since then I've been very skeptical about the MSM.

So, tell me how fair and balanced the news media is.
You must have seen the same footage that "the Donald" saw.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I did a search at both the Fredericton PD blog as well as their local newspaper and could find no mention of issues at the high school. Did something occur that was as said or overstated, I don't know. But I'd certainly appreciate these emails being made available for scrutiny. It'll be interesting how this plays out in Canada as time goes by.
That's if they exist.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You must have seen the same footage that "the Donald" saw.
So, I guess this guy is lying too?

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/trumps-claims-about-muslims-after-911-confirmed-video/

Look, I was about ten miles away from where this happened. I saw the second tower collapse from the 6th floor of a six story building across the river. Our eyes were glued to the TV set. WE know what we saw.

so, tell me, from your own personal experience, what did your own eyes tell you happened that day?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
That's if they exist.
they don't exist, that's why. I was in Jersey that morning working [telecommunications tech] with people glued to TV's or radio's and none, none of the broadcasts showed, mentioned, implied that happened. why is this fairly tale being repeated? it's a lie. trust me, testosterone was flying that day. if that happened and it didn't, a massacre would've ensued.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Mark, with all due respect, are u sure u weren't watching different footage outside of the country? there were plenty of celebrations in Gaza, Pakistan, etc. but I never heard/saw once in those next 3 days of that happening. Jesus, the local press would've been on to it like sharks to chum.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So, I guess this guy is lying too?

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/trumps-claims-about-muslims-after-911-confirmed-video/

Look, I was about ten miles away from where this happened. I saw the second tower collapse from the 6th floor of a six story building across the river. Our eyes were glued to the TV set. WE know what we saw.

so, tell me, from your own personal experience, what did your own eyes tell you happened that day?
I was on a submarine in the UK that day. I might have seen some footage from some Middle East locations where they were celebrating - I didn't see footage of any such activity from any Western cities.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-carson-on-911-celebrations/

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Mark, with all due respect, are u sure u weren't watching different footage outside of the country? there were plenty of celebrations in Gaza, Pakistan, etc. but I never heard/saw once in those next 3 days of that happening. Jesus, the local press would've been on to it like sharks to chum.
Please revisit post 114.

With all due respect, no, I wasn't. It was local. They specifically said Jersey City. That's why it stuck in my head.

I saw it once on the 11th. Never again.

The press answers to a higher authority.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis