Bowers & Wilkins 700 New Series 3 vs 2 Listening Comparison

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Sound United recently invited us to their headquarters in Carlsbad, California for a sneak peek at Bowers & Wilkins’ new 700 S3 Series of speakers. The new 700 S3 Series comprises eight models: three floor-standing speakers; three stand-mounted speakers, and two center-channel speakers. With a new cabinet design, midrange and bass driver mounts, plinths, crossovers, downfiring ports and many other changes over their previous models, did Bowers and Wilkins change too much for loyal customers or get it just right?

We got a chance to listen to the 700 Series 2 vs the new Series 3 to better understand the performance differences.

bw700s3.jpg

Read: Bowers & Wilkins 700 S3 Demo Report

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
While I previously haven’t been a fan of what I’ve heard in the lower tiers, I appreciate what goes into their designs.
I hope you guys get to do a review of some of their new gear!

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Audioholic
While there very reasonably priced, for people in the USA,.. There really getting out of reach, value wise, for the Australian buyer, with the 702 nudging close to $11000 a pair. At the present time the Australian dollar is only worth 65 cents us, and it's predicted to go even lower. Importing and buying from the American market is out of reach for most people, What with high freight costs and import taxes. Even buying from an Australian distributer, Costs have risen dramatically.

MBL have just announced a drastic increases in there product pricing for the US, which will have to carry over to the rest of the worlds buying price.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Samurai
It would be interesting to see if they have improved on the challenging impedance and phase curves that some models are known for. The few B&Ws I have heard sounded pretty good but I have not heard any of the newer towers of late.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis