Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 2 Debut and Demo Report

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
With the success of the CM Series since its debut in 2014, Bowers & Wilkins is aiming to take performance and value to the next level borrowing technologies from their venerable 800 D3 series giving birth to their new 700 Series 2. B&W's design objective of "not just beating their rivals but blowing them away", is quite ambitious for this series. From carbon tweeters to Continuum midrange and Aerofoil cone woofers, to their painstaking control of resonance and breakup modes, and premium part usage in the crossover designs, they may just be able to do it.

703-lifestyle.jpg

Read: Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 2 Debut and Demo Report

A

Anthony Fiorella

Audiophyte
Shoot, guess I need to throw my CMs in the trash, now that the 700 line is coming out...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Step away from the trash can and slowly turn around...

S

seiferflo

Audiophyte
Hi Gene, Hi all, good to be here.

What stereo integrated amp would you recommend to drive a pair of 702s2 without spending as much as the speakers for it, but making sure the amp won't restrain them?
Ideally, I'd prefer a musical one even if I have to sacrifice some power initially, as I would save for a power amp later on.

Thanks for your help.

Geertvanmourik

Geertvanmourik

Audiophyte
Dear Gene,
I know it is an older post, but can you explain Why your favorite is the 705?

I cant decide between 705 and the 703, and I wonder if adding subs to the 705 would make them sound better than the 703.

thanks!!

geert

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis