S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I think I have the blu-ray version in that set I'll have to check it out see if it's better
It works well for me. I use the DTSMA soundtrack then I upmix with Dolby DSU. My setup is 5.1.4.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I love Dark Pheonix as well!!! One of my faves for some reason
Hot babes who kick a$$. The best damn Atmos soundtrack of ANY Comic Book Superhero movie to date. One of the best BASS sound effects. How can any guy not love it? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Both Marvel and Disney do this I remember being so excited to buy the Black Panther 4k but the audio was just so terrible man. Had to boost it way up and the bass felt neutered

I just don't buy they're 4k disc's anymore because of this
I still have the 4K-Atmos BD versions of all these sorry-a$$ Atmos soundtrack movies anyway. ;) :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love Dark Pheonix as well!!! One of my faves for some reason
Love might be a little strong for me, but I do think Dark Phoenix got a worse rap than it deserved. There were things I liked about it. I thought Jean's final showdown was pretty cool. She was a legit badass.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Atomic Blonde was Charlize Theron, but yes it was an awesome flick. That stairwell fight that had to be done in one take was friggin amazing.
Been a while since I watched that, they're similar lol. I was thinking about her in Lucy, which was also pretty good.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hot babes who kick a$$. The best damn Atmos soundtrack of ANY Comic Book Superhero movie to date. One of the best BASS sound effects. How can any guy not love it? :D
I will have to re-watch it on 4k. I didn't think the movie was terrible, but it also wasn't the best. Knowing that Jennifer Lawrence wanted out and her death was stupid. Sansa Stark playing the Pheonix was alright. The story with Xavier and the other crew was weak. The best parts of those movies are Quicksilver. I like Chastain so I was expecting a little bit more from her character. I think my expectations were a tad too high. But overall I'd give it a 6/10. Maybe I'll bump my rating up after the re-watch solely based on ATMOS and Bass. We shall see.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Atomic Blonde was Charlize Theron, but yes it was an awesome flick. That stairwell fight that had to be done in one take was friggin amazing.
Atomic Blonde is a very kick ass movie! I hope they make another one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will have to re-watch it on 4k. I didn't think the movie was terrible, but it also wasn't the best. Knowing that Jennifer Lawrence wanted out and her death was stupid. Sansa Stark playing the Pheonix was alright. The story with Xavier and the other crew was weak. The best parts of those movies are Quicksilver. I like Chastain so I was expecting a little bit more from her character. I think my expectations were a tad too high. But overall I'd give it a 6/10. Maybe I'll bump my rating up after the re-watch solely based on ATMOS and Bass. We shall see.
Oh man, I give “Dark Phoenix” my Reference Atmos approval and Reference Bass.

So if you don’t get the same awesome Atmos experience, you know you gotta increase those ceiling speakers level. :D

And the 4K video looks great since it was shot using those 4K digital cameras.

So just for Reference Video + Reference Atmos + Reference Bass, it should be a solid 8/10 right off the bat. :D

All the other stuff - story/plot, setting, character development, climax/resolution are debatable. :D

Personally, I cared about one character - Dark Phoenix.

But I knew that Lawrence’s character’s demise would be hard on the fans.

And that people would have an issue with how powerful Dark Phoenix’s character is.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I watched Black Widow Thursday night. It was decent. Not great. Didn't add much to the MCU storyline. Definitely a filler movie, and the weakest addition to the MCU in a long time. Though I did enjoy watching Scarlett Johansson jumping around in a tight suit again. But really, except for trying to cash in on the Marvel brand, this movie did nothing for the MCU.

6/10. if this movie had come out when it was supposed to take place in the MCU timeline, and they we're setting up the Soviet Super Soldier program (I guess they still can retroactively), I think I'd have liked it better. As is, with Black Widow already dead in the MCU, I just felt that it was kind of flat and empty. Decent action sequences though.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Black Widow Identity. It seems like it was going for a Bourne Identity feel but misses the mark a little bit. Too much Marvel and not enough grit to really get there. All in all it wasn't bad tho. I might even rewatch it sometime down the road.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Rewatched it today. Got my 2nd COVID vaccine shot yesterday, and felt like I'd gotten run over by a truck (Astra Zeneca 1st, Maderna 2nd), so I took the day off of work. My new YPAO microphone arrived from Amazon today, so I calibrated the speakers then started watching BW again.

Overall, my impression of it went up the 2nd time. I found it much more enjoyable. I'm bumping my initial 6/10 to a 6.5/10.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Rewatched it today. Got my 2nd COVID vaccine shot yesterday, and felt like I'd gotten run over by a truck (Astra Zeneca 1st, Maderna 2nd), so I took the day off of work. My new YPAO microphone arrived from Amazon today, so I calibrated the speakers then started watching BW again.

Overall, my impression of it went up the 2nd time. I found it much more enjoyable. I'm bumping my initial 6/10 to a 6.5/10.
I might even rewatch it sometime down the road.
The fact that you guys RE-WATCHED or will probably re-watch "Black Widow" speaks volume.

To me, that's one measurement stick to how entertaining a movie is. We're not talking about Academy Awards here. We're talking entertainment. And if we see ourselves re-watching certain movies, that tells me that we like it a lot. :D

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would even fathom re-watching WW84. :D

I put all my movies on my servers now. And I have 2 servers - one server has all the movies because other people or guests may want to watch. But the 2nd server only has movies that I would Re-Watch, and these are usually the 4K Atmos movies.

Black Widow - goes into the 4K Atmos server for re-watch
Quiet Place 2 - goes into the "all movies" server for never watch again
WW84 - DELETED (does not go into any server) :D

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The fact that you guys RE-WATCHED or will probably re-watch "Black Widow" speaks volume.

To me, that's one measurement stick to how entertaining a movie is. We're not talking about Academy Awards here. We're talking entertainment. And if we see ourselves re-watching certain movies, that tells me that we like it a lot. :D

There is NO WAY IN HELL I would even fathom re-watching WW84. :D

I put all my movies on my servers now. And I have 2 servers - one server has all the movies because other people or guests may want to watch. But the 2nd server only has movies that I would Re-Watch, and these are usually the 4K Atmos movies.

Black Widow - goes into the 4K Atmos server for re-watch
Quiet Place 2 - goes into the "all movies" server for never watch again
WW84 - DELETED (does not go into any server) :D
So you didn't like a quiet place 2? I was curious about that one

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you didn't like a quiet place 2? I was curious about that one
I really hated “Quiet Place 2”. :D

When compared to all the movies out there, which can be very dumb like WW84, Quiet Place 2 would not rank at the bottom. But QP2 is not a movie I would ever choose to re-watch.

Now there are some silly dumb movies out there that can be funny and entertaining and re-watchable. But QP2 is not it. QP2 is meant to be a serious scary movie. But it’s mostly annoying to me. It’s like face-palm all movie long.

Now that you have absolutely no expectations of QP2 (thanks to my hatred of the movie), you might find it okay to watch. :D

Confession: okay, so I do actually have QP2 4K Atmos BD file in my 4K movie server. But I am still never watching it ever again. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really hated “Quiet Place 2”. :D

When compared to all the movies out there, which can be very dumb like WW84, Quiet Place 2 would not rank at the bottom. But QP2 is not a movie I would ever choose to re-watch.

Now there are some silly dumb movies out there that can be funny and entertaining and re-watchable. But QP2 is not it. QP2 is meant to be a serious scary movie. But it’s mostly annoying to me. It’s like face-palm all movie long.

Now that you have absolutely no expectations of QP2 (thanks to my hatred of the movie), you might find it okay to watch. :D

Confession: okay, so I do actually have QP2 4K Atmos BD file in my 4K movie server. But I am still never watching it ever again. :D
I think as long as it has really hot chick's in it your going to give any review a 10 out of 10 ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think as long as it has really hot chick's in it your going to give any review a 10 out of 10 ;)
Well duh!

Hot chicks with kick-a$$ action shot on 8K digital cameras goes a long way.

Pretty much the only bad thing about Black Widow is that Rebecca Ferguson isn’t in it. But she’s coming up in ”Dune”. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Finally watched Black Widow last night. I will give it a generous 7/10. Story was meh. Had some funny moments. The hand to hand combat fights were good. I find it hard to believe that Black Widow, with all of her resources couldn't find the Red Room. I mean it's a giant base floating in the sky. Hahaha. I thought they might do a little more with Natasha's training during her youth. So that was a minor let down. I would've like to know more about Red Guardian and the things he did. Rachel Weisz's character wasn't all that interesting and really lacked in development. Florence Pugh was where it was at. She did a great job and look forward to her appearances in other Marvel shows/movies.

Now that I basically own it on Disney+, I suppose I will watch it again sometime in the future.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally watched Black Widow last night. I will give it a generous 7/10. Story was meh. Had some funny moments. The hand to hand combat fights were good. I find it hard to believe that Black Widow, with all of her resources couldn't find the Red Room. I mean it's a giant base floating in the sky. Hahaha. I thought they might do a little more with Natasha's training during her youth. So that was a minor let down. I would've like to know more about Red Guardian and the things he did. Rachel Weisz's character wasn't all that interesting and really lacked in development. Florence Pugh was where it was at. She did a great job and look forward to her appearances in other Marvel shows/movies.

Now that I basically own it on Disney+, I suppose I will watch it again sometime in the future.
Use the spoiler tag when you reveal details about the story that might ruin it for others.

I finally got around to this one this weekend too. I also would have to say the story was OK. It definitely was out of place with it coming so late and was obviously intended to be released much earlier in the series, well before endgame. It seems to setup some things for the future Marvel story arc and give some closure to hers. It was a bit better than the average Marvel formula, but still felt a little standard fare for them, basically taking the same story and dropping different characters in to churn a movie out. Visuals and action, as with most of their movies, was top notch. Entertaining and I'd say I liked it better than Tomorrow War.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis