T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, nobody else watched it at -10 with a few bumps here and there to -7? Time for another hearing test.:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That is what I had to do as well. I usually watch movies around -25 which has enough juice with the sub. I had to step it up to -21 on my Marantz to get the same effect.
Yeah I think I had to increase about 4dB also. So not only did they mix the volume a little low, they also didn’t do a great job with Atmos effects. Probably typical from Avengers movies.

After increasing the volume, I thought it sounded good. But still no cigars for Atmos. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How could you have a sequel when we know her fate already? (at least not with Scarlett). Had the choice between this and Tomorrow War, watched TW. It was OK, lots of plot issues, but decently action movie type entertaining.
I liked both TW and BW. But for me it’s BW all day long. :D

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
We're going to see it tonight, in Cinemark XD. Can't wait!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I saw it in IMAX, the best way to see the film. I also ended up buying it on Disney+. I am not sure if its my settings, but DIsney+ sq seems lower than Netflix and Prime, could also be a placebo effect. I need to test
I think Disney and Apple streaming is the highest quality but it may be device dependent. Hulu needs to stop streaming altogether and stick to discs, every movie I’ve tried to stream has ended in a phone call with their support.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried watching it last night but for some reason the color was a mess. A buddy of mine shares his Plex with me and that's how I was gonna watch. Something wasn't right tho. Everything was heavily tinted green. The 2 little girls at the beginning had green hair, the sky was green, everything was green, lol. Oh, and violet/red. Green and violet. I ended up not watching. I'll try again tonight and see if the color thing gets straightened out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I tried watching it last night but for some reason the color was a mess. A buddy of mine shares his Plex with me and that's how I was gonna watch. Something wasn't right tho. Everything was heavily tinted green. The 2 little girls at the beginning had green hair, the sky was green, everything was green, lol. Oh, and violet/red. Green and violet. I ended up not watching. I'll try again tonight and see if the color thing gets straightened out.
If it's streaming on shared Plex, it is probably extremely compressed 720p.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If it's streaming on shared Plex, it is probably extremely compressed 720p.
Actally I get the original uncompressed version. 4k is 4k, hdr, etc. This is the first time I've had an issue like this watching his movies. I just talked to him about it this morning and he said it's happened before and he can fix it. I'll check again tonight and see if it's any better.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actally I get the original uncompressed version. 4k is 4k, hdr, etc. This is the first time I've had an issue like this watching his movies. I just talked to him about it this morning and he said it's happened before and he can fix it. I'll check again tonight and see if it's any better.
Probably just needs to delete and re-pull it. Might have been a bad copy/stream. Happens to me on Plex sometimes too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So, nobody else watched it at -10 with a few bumps here and there to -7? Time for another hearing test.:confused:
Different room/speaker different level on meter.
Most of mine are at -18 with some to -15 and one, the new Blade Runner at -30 or so, hot hot hot..

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just reading the story line at Blu-ray.com, reminds me of the movie Soldier at the beginning. After that, not comparable, of course.
BD coming in November, maybe.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
HDR color mapping is historically Plex’s Achilles feet. You and your buddy should update plex server and client and try rewatching it on client which supports hdr well. it’s also possible to be corrupted file, but I think it’s less likely.

as movie itself, I thought it was OK, but not great.
am I man baby whom can’t accept strong female protagonist? No, atomic blonde was much better movie imho.

I can’t fully judge it on technical stuff since my 55” 1080p TV is too small/too far and since it was late I was using my hd558 headphones.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
HDR color mapping is historically Plex’s Achilles feet. You and your buddy should update plex server and client and try rewatching it on client which supports hdr well. it’s also possible to be corrupted file, but I think it’s less likely.

am I man baby whom can’t accept strong female protagonist? No, atomic blonde was much better movie imho.

I can’t fully judge it on technical stuff since my 55” 1080p TV is too small/too far and since it was late I was using my hd558 headphones.
I think it was a corrupted file because deleting it and copying again seems to have fixed it. So far that's the only movie I've had a problem with like that, but I'll keep in mind that Plex and HDR have a rocky history if it happens again.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Atomic Blonde, good ScarJo flick. I liked Anna better.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I liked Atomic Blonde, good ScarJo flick. I liked Anna better.
Atomic Blonde was Charlize Theron, but yes it was an awesome flick. That stairwell fight that had to be done in one take was friggin amazing.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if most of the negative reviews come from MEN who hate movies where most of the characters are WOMEN. This movie is not just about the Black Widow (#1). It's also about her sister (Black Widow #2), her mom (Black Widow #3) and all the other Black Widows - like hundreds of Black Widow killer babes.

I think a lot of people also hated "Dark Phoenix" and "Captain Marvel". But I love both of them. I consider "Dark Phoenix" my favorite X-Men movie. I must love chick-flicks, especially the ones with hot babes. :D

Like @Cos says, "Black Widow" is more character driven and likes to emphasize "family bonding" - touchy-feely.

So "Black Widow" might be a little too much ESTROGEN for most men. :D
I love Dark Pheonix as well!!! One of my faves for some reason

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I think I had to increase about 4dB also. So not only did they mix the volume a little low, they also didn’t do a great job with Atmos effects. Probably typical from Avengers movies.

After increasing the volume, I thought it sounded good. But still no cigars for Atmos. :D
Both Marvel and Disney do this I remember being so excited to buy the Black Panther 4k but the audio was just so terrible man. Had to boost it way up and the bass felt neutered

I just don't buy they're 4k disc's anymore because of this

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Both Marvel and Disney do this I remember being so excited to buy the Black Panther 4k but the audio was just so terrible man. Had to boost it way up and the bass felt neutered

I just don't buy they're 4k disc's anymore because of this
My copy of Black Panther is the regular Blu-ray. I guess I chose wisely. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis