AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

“Black Widow” might be my favorite “Avengers” movie.

And it’s not JUST BECAUSE it’s loaded with babes. :D

The story feels different than the typical masculine/macho comic book action movie.

The beginning of the movie seems more like a James Bond spy thriller, but with emotions and family bonding and drama. And this family emotional bonding continues throughout the movie all the way to the end of the credits - definitely continue to watch past the End Credits like with all Marvel movies. :D

There are some funny comic relief - especially when Black Widow’s little sister pokes fun of how Black Widow always poses when she lands. And this poking fun is repeated a few times. I love it. :D

The action, like most actions movies, are very good. Great special effects.

PQ: Reference quality as expected since the movie was shot using 8K digital cameras.

SQ: Typical of about 99% of Marvel movies. Overall SQ is very good. There are some decent Atmos overhead effects, but nowhere near reference quality for Atmos.

I definitely want ”Black Widow” in 4K Atmos. This is the type of movie I would re-watch repeatedly.

I can see potential “Black Widow“ sequels. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I tend to be jealous of Colin Jost. I'll have to wait a while to watch this, ain't spending $30 to watch it :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

“Black Widow” might be my favorite “Avengers” movie.

And it’s not JUST BECAUSE it’s loaded with babes. :D

The story feels different than the typical masculine/macho comic book action movie.

The beginning of the movie seems more like a James Bond spy thriller, but with emotions and family bonding and drama. And this family emotional bonding continues throughout the movie all the way to the end of the credits - definitely continue to watch past the End Credits like with all Marvel movies. :D

There are some funny comic relief - especially when Black Widow’s little sister pokes fun of how Black Widow always poses when she lands. And this poking fun is repeated a few times. I love it. :D

The action, like most actions movies, are very good. Great special effects.

PQ: Reference quality as expected since the movie was shot using 8K digital cameras.

SQ: Typical of about 99% of Marvel movies. Overall SQ is very good. There are some decent Atmos overhead effects, but nowhere near reference quality for Atmos.

I definitely want ”Black Widow” in 4K Atmos. This is the type of movie I would re-watch repeatedly.

I can see potential “Black Widow“ sequels. :D
Haven't watched it yet. Haven't heard good things about it. You're the first to say "it might be my favorite". I've heard and read the complete opposite. This one ranking down near the bottom of MCU movies. I've heard from many different reviewers that the CGI is not good, story loses itself second half and directing is just not there. The one positive I've heard from all the reviews I've watched or read was that the sister is the best part. Which I believe they will be doing more movies with her as the lead.

I might try to watch this next weekend. I really like Florence Pugh. Great actor and smoking hot. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy. Gonna watch this tonight so I didn't read your review yet in case spoilers. Been hearing mixed reviews thus far.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with ADTG, this is a much more character development/driven Marvel Movie than other iterations. I enjoyed it. It works well as a stand alone movie separate of the Marvel Universe, but it does have a lot of tie ins.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't watched it yet. Haven't heard good things about it. You're the first to say "it might be my favorite". I've heard and read the complete opposite. This one ranking down near the bottom of MCU movies. I've heard from many different reviewers that the CGI is not good, story loses itself second half and directing is just not there. The one positive I've heard from all the reviews I've watched or read was that the sister is the best part. Which I believe they will be doing more movies with her as the lead.

I might try to watch this next weekend. I really like Florence Pugh. Great actor and smoking hot. :D
I wonder if most of the negative reviews come from MEN who hate movies where most of the characters are WOMEN. This movie is not just about the Black Widow (#1). It's also about her sister (Black Widow #2), her mom (Black Widow #3) and all the other Black Widows - like hundreds of Black Widow killer babes.

I think a lot of people also hated "Dark Phoenix" and "Captain Marvel". But I love both of them. I consider "Dark Phoenix" my favorite X-Men movie. I must love chick-flicks, especially the ones with hot babes. :D

Like @Cos says, "Black Widow" is more character driven and likes to emphasize "family bonding" - touchy-feely.

So "Black Widow" might be a little too much ESTROGEN for most men. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Really enjoyed this one as well and it is not unlike “Cap:WS” in it’s spy movie feel and tone. It’s a turn the Marvel Universe has not taken since that movie and it just works here.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I wonder if most of the negative reviews come from MEN who hate movies where most of the characters are WOMEN. This movie is not just about the Black Widow (#1). It's also about her sister (Black Widow #2), her mom (Black Widow #3) and all the other Black Widows - like hundreds of Black Widow killer babes.

I think a lot of people also hated "Dark Phoenix" and "Captain Marvel". But I love both of them. I consider "Dark Phoenix" my favorite X-Men movie. I must love chick-flicks, especially the ones with hot babes. :D

Like @Cos says, "Black Widow" is more character driven and likes to emphasize "family bonding" - touchy-feely.

Well, some of those female characters do bring a lot of masculine energy so that might turn off some men.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

Haha! Well, from the numbers they’re putting out they said that 58% of the audience was male.

personally for me, I could care less who is leading the way. I look more for quality. Directing, writing, acting, etc. if we can stay away from more WW84 type outcomes that would be nice.

I don’t expect Oscars by any means when it comes to MCU, but with $200+ million budgets I expect top tier picture (4K-8k cameras) Dolby Atmos to perfection, top notch CGI and the other stuff I mentioned above.

I do think Black widow looks decent and I look forward to watching it.

I can’t say Dark Phoenix was that good. It was alright. I really haven’t been a fan of any of the latest xmen movies besides Logan and maybe Days of future past. Otherwise the rest have been meh. I like the original X-Men 1 and 2 from early 2000’s.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Haha! Well, from the numbers they’re putting out they said that 58% of the audience was male.

personally for me, I could care less who is leading the way. I look more for quality. Directing, writing, acting, etc. if we can stay away from more WW84 type outcomes that would be nice.

I don’t expect Oscars by any means when it comes to MCU, but with $200+ million budgets I expect top tier picture (4K-8k cameras) Dolby Atmos to perfection, top notch CGI and the other stuff I mentioned above.

I do think Black widow looks decent and I look forward to watching it.

I can’t say Dark Phoenix was that good. It was alright. I really haven’t been a fan of any of the latest xmen movies besides Logan and maybe Days of future past. Otherwise the rest have been meh. I like the original X-Men 1 and 2 from early 2000’s.
PQ- I do expect 8K digital cameras for every damn movie these days, but some idiots still like to use analog 35mm films like for WW84 - one of the WORST movies EVER made. :D

SQ- For Atmos, "Dark Phoenix" by FAR is the BEST Atmos movie ever made for a comic book superhero movie. Sure would be nice if these people could learn to do better Atmos.

Story/Plot - everyone has a different opinion for sure. It works for some, and doesn't work for others.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That sounds like what folks were saying about the newer Star Wars sequels, but it's just not all that true, imo. The story sucked, and the legacy characters were completely out of character. That's why I didn't like them, and don't appreciate being accused of misogyny because I didn't care for a movie.

Here's the kicker- I really did like "The Force Awakens" and I have no problems with Rey being the protagonist. I'm not even bothered if folks think she's a Mary Sue, I found her likeable and rooted for her the entire time. It's the rest of it that I didn't like.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I saw it in IMAX, the best way to see the film. I also ended up buying it on Disney+. I am not sure if its my settings, but DIsney+ sq seems lower than Netflix and Prime, could also be a placebo effect. I need to test

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That sounds like what folks were saying about the newer Star Wars sequels, but it's just not all that true, imo. The story sucked, and the legacy characters were completely out of character. That's why I didn't like them, and don't appreciate being accused of misogyny because I didn't care for a movie.

Here's the kicker- I really did like "The Force Awakens" and I have no problems with Rey being the protagonist. I'm not even bothered if folks think she's a Mary Sue, I found her likeable and rooted for her the entire time. It's the rest of it that I didn't like.
Story/Plot/Character are salient. If they fail here, the movie will suck.

I will be the first to admit that Star Wars sequels SUCK. Simple as that. Story sucked 100%. Everything sucked 100%. :D

I think they could put all my favorite actors/actresses in Star Wars and I would still hate these movies.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
It would surprise if any Avenger movie had an audience with females in majority....
Most action and sci-fi movies don't a have majority female audience. Romance movies might.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw it in IMAX, the best way to see the film. I also ended up buying it on Disney+. I am not sure if its my settings, but DIsney+ sq seems lower than Netflix and Prime, could also be a placebo effect. I need to test
I think I had to increase the volume when I was watching Black Widow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How could you have a sequel when we know her fate already? (at least not with Scarlett). Had the choice between this and Tomorrow War, watched TW. It was OK, lots of plot issues, but decently action movie type entertaining.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
How could you have a sequel when we know her fate already? (at least not with Scarlett). Had the choice between this and Tomorrow War, watched TW. It was OK, lots of plot issues, but decently action movie type entertaining.
Disney Timeline of movies does not run concurrently. The could always make a sequel, that being said, Scarlett stated she was done playing Black Widow. You will better understand the direction of the next possible progression after watching it

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think I had to increase the volume when I was watching Black Widow.
That is what I had to do as well. I usually watch movies around -25 which has enough juice with the sub. I had to step it up to -21 on my Marantz to get the same effect.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Story/Plot/Character are salient. If they fail here, the movie will suck.

I will be the first to admit that Star Wars sequels SUCK. Simple as that. Story sucked 100%. Everything sucked 100%. :D

I think they could put all my favorite actors/actresses in Star Wars and I would still hate these movies.
Gun to my head, prequels or sequels, going sequels. Prequels fail in every f#%kin’ way and aren’t worth a rewatch, ever.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis