T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's simple. I don't like Trump for the reasons I've listed here and in other threads. But I'm not naive enough to dismiss the reason he was elected in the first place.

You seem to thrive on the other side is 100% an adversary. They are just my countrymen with legit concerns.

We'll find out in November.
Do you think Kamala is capable of dealing with international leaders and being taken seriously? I personally feel she will get walked on and taken advantage of. While I’m definitely not a Trump fan he is probably more capable of dealing with international affairs. Nobody has to like him to be effective. I have decades of professional sales experience, generally my clients loved me but occasionally they would hate me, having the skill to hold a negotiation together and and get favorable terms isn’t something everyone possesses.

I wish this was black and white but there are a lot of things that need to be considered. I don’t think Kamala has the skill set for the challenges needed at this time in history. I disagree with her political positions but I also see the draw, even if you like her politics I don’t think it’s a strong enough argument with where the world is right now.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think Kamala is capable of dealing with international leaders and being taken seriously? I personally feel she will get walked on and taken advantage of. While I’m definitely not a Trump fan he is probably more capable of dealing with international affairs. Nobody has to like him to be effective. I have decades of professional sales experience, generally my clients loved me but occasionally they would hate me, having the skill to hold a negotiation together and and get favorable terms isn’t something everyone possesses.

I wish this was black and white but there are a lot of things that need to be considered. I don’t think Kamala has the skill set for the challenges needed at this time in history. I disagree with her political positions but I also see the draw, even if you like her politics I don’t think it’s a strong enough argument with where the world is right now.
Trump more capable dealing with international leaders and being taken seriously while not being walked on and taken advantage of? Really?

In the infamous Putin-Trump meeting in Helsinki 2018 Trump was rolled over by Putin. Trump sided with Putin over his own intelligence services that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election.

Here are some bipartisan responses from a link below. Please read it.

>>>In a strongly-worded statement, US House Speaker Paul Ryan said Mr Trump "must appreciate that Russia is not our ally".

"There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals," he said, adding that there was "no question" Moscow had interfered in the 2016 election.

Senior Republican Senator John McCain said it was a "disgraceful performance" by a US president.

"No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant," Mr McCain said in a statement.

Another senior Republican, Senator Lindsey Graham, who is a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, tweeted that it was a "missed opportunity... to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling".

In a series of tweets, Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said Mr Trump's actions had "strengthened our adversaries while weakening our defences and those of our allies".<<<

Here is a picture from a G7 meeting in 2019 showing Trump's skills dealing with international leaders while being taken seriously by Americas friends and allies:
1721998235406.png

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So "and" is a better answer? Or you just go along with the drumph view of being a republican, all in on bs or go home?
If he said he didn't vote for Trump, and/or don't matter- the statement stands on its own. Can't say 'didn't vote for' if a vote was cast for him in either year.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Trump more capable dealing with international leaders and being taken seriously while not being walked on and taken advantage of? Really?

In the infamous Putin-Trump meeting in Helsinki 2018 Trump was rolled over by Putin. Trump sided with Putin over his own intelligence services that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election.

Here are some bipartisan responses from a link below. Please read it.

>>>In a strongly-worded statement, US House Speaker Paul Ryan said Mr Trump "must appreciate that Russia is not our ally".

"There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals," he said, adding that there was "no question" Moscow had interfered in the 2016 election.

Senior Republican Senator John McCain said it was a "disgraceful performance" by a US president.

"No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant," Mr McCain said in a statement.

Another senior Republican, Senator Lindsey Graham, who is a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, tweeted that it was a "missed opportunity... to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling".

In a series of tweets, Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said Mr Trump's actions had "strengthened our adversaries while weakening our defences and those of our allies".<<<

Here is a picture from a G7 meeting in 2019 showing Trump's skills dealing with international leaders while being taken seriously by Americas friends and allies:
View attachment 68593
The steel dossier was riveting

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And Trump isn't a laughing stock of other leaders?
He probably is to some extent, and he does say some out of pocket stuff, and should not have any social media accounts. At all!
But every time I hear her speak I just think of someone’s cousin who shows up at a gathering and everybody knows she’s wasted, but she thinks they can’t tell. IMHO, she is not world stage material, and quite the laughing stock herself. This isn’t the trump thread, so I’m just referring to her.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's simple. I don't like Trump for the reasons I've listed here and in other threads. But I'm not naive enough to dismiss the reason he was elected in the first place.

You seem to thrive on the other side is 100% an adversary. They are just my countrymen with legit concerns.

We'll find out in November.
What legit concerns will drumphy address? Which lies they believe I suppose may lead them to think he cares.

I just can't believe anyone would vote for drumphy that has half a brain. He's a grifter, a traitor and incompetent (and incontinent too).

That drumphy was respected by any other leader is pretty funny.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What legit concerns will drumphy address? Which lies they believe I suppose may lead them to think he cares.

I just can't believe anyone would vote for drumphy that has half a brain. He's a grifter, a traitor and incompetent (and incontinent too).

That drumphy was respected by any other leader is pretty funny.
I think over regulation in the energy sector, illegal immigration, bringing back critical infrastructure production. He did push to get us out of conflicts.

The CPI-U macro-economic index has Bidens' inflation rate ~2.75X that of Trump.

I don't like him but things are as they are and not as you want them to be. Some times a spoon is simply a spoon. I know when I talk to people that you can't convince them prices are'nt up for them across the board.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
He probably is to some extent, and he does say some out of pocket stuff, and should not have any social media accounts. At all!
But every time I hear her speak I just think of someone’s cousin who shows up at a gathering and everybody knows she’s wasted, but she thinks they can’t tell. IMHO, she is not world stage material, and quite the laughing stock herself. This isn’t the trump thread, so I’m just referring to her.
Out of pocket? Must be a pretty big pocket if it reaches that far into left field.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think over regulation in the energy sector, illegal immigration, bringing back critical infrastructure production. He did push to get us out of conflicts.
Trump didn't mind stoking conflicts, though, like President Donald Trump vetoed a resolution passed by Congress to end U.S. military assistance in Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen that was bipartisan.

Closer to home for me is Trump's undermining of NATO during his presidency as well as currently. Can other NATO members rely on USA in case of a conflict with Russia with a new Trump Presidency? You can guess what Putin thinks and who he roots for. You can be sure that the Chinese dictator Xi Jinping is watching closely as well and apply that to Taiwan. What they look for is appeasement when they try grabbing land with violence, and Trump is their man, apparently.

In Europe is this a debate a nuclear future without the US. Likely other US allies and friends are thinking seriously about this as well. More countries with nuclear weapons makes for a far more dangerous world and in any nuclear exchange you won't be able to stay out of it.

The CPI-U macro-economic index has Bidens' inflation rate ~2.75X that of Trump.
That includes an inflationary period that was global in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic and global supply chains problems. USA has done well, both with respect to inflation reduction and GDP growth, compared to, say, Europe.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Closer to home for me is Trump's undermining of NATO during his presidency as well as currently. Can other NATO members rely on USA in case of a conflict with Russia with a new Trump Presidency?
Trump leans isolationist and I believe the overall message is for European nations to increase their defense spend.

Going to be honest I haven't read up on what a United European response to Russia could actually accomplish wrt to Russian aggression.

My POV is that given Russia's inability to dominate in the Ukraine would leave me to believe your neck of the woods doesn't need the level of commitment we constantly come out of pocket for. That doesn't mean we aren't materially there either.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That includes an inflationary period that was global in the aftermath of the COVID pandemic and global supply chains problems. USA has done well, both with respect to inflation reduction and GDP growth, compared to, say, Europe.
Talk to the average grocery shopper here in the U.S. That's who's voting. In 2024 it doesn't matter too much as the past why. People live in the present.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Trump leans isolationist and I believe the overall message is for European nations to increase their defense spend.

Going to be honest I haven't read up on what a United European response to Russia could actually accomplish wrt to Russian aggression.

My POV is that given Russia's inability to dominate in the Ukraine would leave me to believe your neck of the woods doesn't need the level of commitment we constantly come out of pocket for. That doesn't mean we aren't materially there either.
I certainly agree that Europe once again should greatly increase the defence budgets and I did so even during Trump Presidency. But have it as just a transactional agreement, like you appear to support?

You didn't address my other point of nuclear weapons, though, both in Europe and elsewhere in the world. Or the appearance of appeasement to rewrite the map using violence.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Talk to the average grocery shopper here in the U.S. That's who's voting. In 2024 it doesn't matter too much as the past why. People live in the present.
Yeah, historically low employment and great GDP increase notwithstanding.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yeah, historically low employment and great GDP increase notwithstanding.
It is what it is. Most people will comment on things like groceries and gas. I just took a job with a 30% pay increase so I personally don't have a complaint about that. But I also do the grocery shopping and the current prices aren't lost on me regardless.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It is what it is. Most people will comment on things like groceries and gas. I just took a job with a 30% pay increase so I personally don't have a complaint about that. But I also do the grocery shopping and the current prices aren't lost on me regardless.
Real (after inflation) wage increases is what matters. Real returns, incidentally, is how I evaluate my portfolio.

Good for you with a huge real wage increase, though. The grocery prices must really put a damper on that huge wage increase. :rolleyes:

Edit: Any response to my post above?

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Real (after inflation) wage increases is what matters. Real returns, incidentally, is how I evaluate my portfolio.

Good for you with a huge real wage increase, though. The grocery prices must really put a damper on that huge wage increase. :rolleyes:
What does it hurt you to accept that both things are true? And wage stagnation is horrible and switching jobs is the only way I could get a pay increase. I'm the exception I think.

I don't care to respond to that.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What does it hurt you to accept that both things are true?

I don't care to respond to that.
[/QUOTE] (software having problem with quoting)

Why don’t you care to reply to the rebuttal of a central claim of yours in support of Trump? A I-am-a-never-Trumper does not cut it.

As for inflation and real return of investment:: Not understanding that hurts them, not me.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Why don’t you care to reply to the rebuttal of a central claim of yours in support of Trump? A I-am-a-never-Trumper does not cut it.

As for inflation and real return of investment:: Not understanding that hurts them, not me.
Honestly I haven't had a chance to read what you linked.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis