BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
As Biden drops out of the race, I give him more props for that than politically shortsighted Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RIP)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Watched a news clip last night, trying to find a clip.

Beau Biden stated, “we will enjoy what time we have left with our dad…. health is definitely a factor…..”

edit add: I was tired, may have gotten that wrong.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

LOL, I guess we can throw all the polls in the trash now. I think it’ll take a minute just to figure out where things stand and probably shouldn’t bother until after the convention

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, aside from Kamala, who I am not a fan of, Dems don't have a lot to throw out there it would seem. Those top candidates who endorsed her would be the ones likely to be a running mate. Newsom's name is out there, but an all California based ticket might be a death sentence in the East.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
An interesting interview with an expert on how conventions and primaries work.

It was done over a week ago, and, of course, before Biden dropped out.

>>>It might surprise many Democrats to learn that President Joe Biden could be thrown off the ticket by delegates at the Democratic convention in August. In fact, he could even drop out after the convention, and the party could replace him.

These scenarios may seem remote for now. But the Democratic Party has procedures in place to address them. And perhaps nobody knows them better than Elaine Kamarck.
A longtime member of the DNC’s rules committee and a scholar at the centrist Brookings Institution, Kamarck served as Walter Mondale’s director of delegate selection, as a senior adviser to Al Gore’s 2000 campaign and as a member of Bill Clinton’s White House staff. She’s also a 10-time DNC delegate, and literally wrote the book on how primaries and conventions work.

In an interview with the Playbook Deep Dive podcast, Kamarck laid out how Democrats would actually go about replacing Biden at the convention if they wanted to, and why she’s not particularly worried about how it would unfold.

“The reason people tear their hair out is that people don’t realize that the business of nominating a presidential candidate is ultimately party business,” Kamarck said. And the party decides. …<<<

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well, aside from Kamala, who I am not a fan of, Dems don't have a lot to throw out there it would seem. Those top candidates who endorsed her would be the ones likely to be a running mate. Newsom's name is out there, but an all California based ticket might be a death sentence in the East.
I’m probably missing a detail, but candidates for P and VP cannot be from the same state. 12th amendment? Kamala still lists CA as her primary residence.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Beau Biden stated, “we will enjoy what time we have left with our dad…. health is definitely a factor…..”
did he speak from the grave ? ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I’m probably missing a detail, but candidates for P and VP cannot be from the same state. 12th amendment? Kamala still lists CA as her primary residence.
moving vans are already parked outside her residence ...........

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Remember, Harris was a prosecutor and sure, nobody will run her over. lol If there were a debate. I'd like to see..........

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Remember, Harris was a prosecutor and sure, nobody will run her over. lol If there were a debate. I'd like to see..........
She did well as a Senator when questioning people, like the Trump AG Bill Barr:

Edit: complete YouTube clip of her questioning.

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Reading Kamala has received close to $100m in campaign contributions since Biden announcement. Is that money into the Biden campaign fund or does she have her own campaign fund? Seems kind of silly before she is the official candidate even though she’s the likely candidate.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Reading Kamala has received close to $100m in campaign contributions since Biden announcement. Is that money into the Biden campaign fund or does she have her own campaign fund? Seems kind of silly before she is the official candidate even though she’s the likely candidate.
For anyone but Harris there will be issues with transferring the money, it seems.

>>>Biden and Harris already share funds in a campaign committee under campaign finance laws that allow the president and vice president to run together as one ticket, said Saurav Ghosh, the Campaign Legal Center’s director of federal campaign finance reform. If she were to remain on the ticket as the presidential nominee, “the new ticket would maintain access to all the funds in the campaign committee,” Ghosh added.

But if she [Harris] doesn’t [get nominated] and drops off the ticket entirely, she and Biden couldn’t just transfer their millions to another Democrat. Campaign finance laws impose a limit of only $2,000 per election for transfers from one candidate to another. There are a few potential workarounds, but it is unlikely that any would allow the new candidate to take full advantage of the value of Biden’s campaign coffers. …<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
From Politico 07/21/2024 06:33 PM EDT

" Kamala Harris is inheriting the tens of millions of dollars that filled Joe Biden’s campaign coffers.

Biden’s presidential campaign formally renamed itself “Harris for President,” according to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission within hours of Biden’s announcement. The change heralds the transformation of Biden’s campaign into an operation to support the current vice president’s candidacy, as Harris assumes control over its funds. As of the end of June, the campaign reported having $95 million. "

"“The campaign account, though we think about it as Joe Biden’s campaign account, actually belongs to both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Daniel Weiner, a lawyer with the Brennan Center and former FEC counsel, told POLITICO prior to Biden’s dropping out. "

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t think she has a chance. I also do not want her as my president, as I think she’s a useless rambling twit. But!!! Let’s imagine what will be unburdened by what was…..
You have a number of statements like this, but they are (as far as I've read) uniformly free of actual criticisms or complaints. Just vague insults. Can you articulate a specific concern?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of should be in Jail... There is a term called projecting, Look it up. Fascinating stuff. Like a proponent of a guy with 35 convictions saying someone else should be jailed... Peak hypocrisy.
It gets far more specific than that. One of the acts Trump committed was the illegal removal of marked, classified information which he then both denied having and also refused to return.

This is the person criticizing Clinton for using a private email server for non-classified emails (which turned out to contain some classified information), which she fully cooperated with investigating.

When it comes to the modern GOP, every accusation is an admission.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
No sane candidate would want to attempt to unite the Democrat party, get the donors and win an election. I think the DNC should sacrifice Harris while throwing all their money at Senate races, they may loose the White House but if they can win the Senate they can block of the Republican policies while they rebuild for 2028. I think if they put everything into beating Trump they have a real chance at loosing it all which isn’t good for anyone. While I’m definitely conservative I’m I’m terrified of Republicans having the White House, Senate, House and SCOTUS. It’s simply too much power for any party to have.
You are forgetting project 2025.

SCotUS has granted the executive complete immunity when exercising any core power (such as commanding the army, or hiring and firing officials); and presumptive immunity for basically everything else.

So, for example, it would now be completely legal for a president to fire the justice department, staff it with loyalists, and order exactly the sort of masses of unwarranted investigations that Trump has been claiming have been directed at him (with the GOP: accusation is admission).

So as all of those Senators start ending up in jail pending investigation, or broke (seized their assets because reasons), or whatnot; and as massive disinformation campaigns are run against them with your tax dollars... well.

And remember: when the new VP is told to not certify the election, he won't. The literal attempts at vote tampering were in the group of things where the president has been deemed immune.

I mean: I don't think he'd simply order the assassination of his rivals; but if he did, he'd be immune from prosecution as ordering the military is a core duty and now has complete immunity.

Honestly: even holding the Whitehouse, I don't know how we manage to undo the damage SCotUS has done to democracy at this point; and don't get me started on the overturning of Chevron.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

edit add: I was tired, may have gotten that wrong.
I realized that after my post hence the edit. lol, don’t post before coffee
You could edit that post.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I saw that $81 Million has been raised for her campaign and that his money can't be used at this time. Her first stop is today, in Milwaukee.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I saw that $81 Million has been raised for her campaign and that his money can't be used at this time. Her first stop is today, in Milwaukee.
that money that Biden raised is now hers. But its also noted by a BBC report that in a 24hr period " During that timeframe, more than 888,000 people donated sums of up to $200 each, according to progressive donation platform ActBlue.

So people out there are giving to her campaign.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis