Best deal you ever had on a piece of HT gear

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
Like it says post the best deals you ever had when purchasing any of your HT gear. If you can remember list MSRP and what you paid.
I'll start:

Pioneer Elite Pro 111-FD MSRP $4,499 picked it up at Besy Buy for $2,499!

Lets see the deals everyone else has come across.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
A set of Cambridge Audio 540a/540c v1 on craigslist for $150 a few years ago.

He thought the amp was broken...and when i took them home they worked fine? Infact the cd player was practically NIB.

Some people...

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
hmmm. i would have to say my VIEWSONIC projector. msrp was about $5000.
it didn't sell well at all. so they started lowering the price. i got mine for $1260 shipped.
the image is just fantastic :eek:

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Sony BDV-IS1000 blu-ray home theater in a box(yeah I know) for the bedroom. Open box buy for $200 at Best Buy. Pretty sure the price should have been for the open box regular dvd htib next to it. For about the price of a blu-ray player(at the time) I ended up with a whole system for the bedroom.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I paid $899 for my Pio Elite SC-07. That was a pretty good deal, but doesn't beat Max's deal. That's a hell of a display.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I got my pioneer VSX 1015TX for 299.99 at a local SoundAdvice, it was a floor model that I kept my eye on for about two months one day when I walked in they had the latest Onkyo in it's place so the two month old came home with me, at a great discounted price. :)

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
I would have to say picking up my Onkyo TX-SR805 for a cool $200, mint condition. MRSP $1099. Granted that price was after selling some polk speakers and infinity sub it came with from a guy on CL, but still...that's what I wound up paying for it!

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Pioneer KRP-500M. "It's a steal" at around $1600

Last edited by a moderator:
Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
My boss gave me 2x B&W Matrix 805 speakers, a Matrix HTM center, 2 NHT Superzero XU speakers, and a pair of Niles outdoor speakers (OS-10) because they were collecting dust in the back of his warehouse if that counts. My best purchase had to be a NIB Onkyo TX-SR805 for $500 via craigslist.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Like it says post the best deals you ever had when purchasing any of your HT gear. If you can remember list MSRP and what you paid.
I'll start:

Pioneer Elite Pro 111-FD MSRP $4,499 picked it up at Besy Buy for $2,499!

Lets see the deals everyone else has come across.
First awesome Plasma and totally awesome price; I have a PRO 151-FD. My deal wasn't quite as good as yours.

My best deal was winning a Laser Printer worth about $1,100 about twenty years ago ... when dot-matrix was the norm.

I bought a new, in-the-box full factory warranty Marantz SR8002 for $1,300 when MSRP was $1,999. I guess that was my best deal!

Cost-for-dollar I still have a Marantz 1060 Power Amp that still functions flawlessly and has outlasted various Poineer and Yamaha receivers.

My very best deal though was a commerical Pot-of-Gold pinball machine for $50. I reworked the electronics and mechanics and got it in full functioning condition. Played it for years , then finally donated it to a Salvation Army Boys home. .... I was the original Pinball Wizard ! :D

Peace,

Forest Man

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
I'm pretty pumped about my 58" Panasonic S1 I just got for $1500!

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
It was a Cinepro Voltage Regulator-Power Conditioner. They usually run around $800.-- on the used market. I bid on one on E-bay must have been the first bidder ($40.00). Did'nt even follow up on it, got an E-mail maybe a week later that I've won the item. I said holly s..t. Then I noticed it's located in Canada. I said to myself what the hell it's gona be a ripp off. I got this unit and it almost looked like it just came out of the box. Unit was perfect. $40.00 + shipping.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know if it's really a "deal" since it wasn't through a retail outlet but my Yamaha RX-V2700 was about $850 through Yamaha accomodation about three years ago. It was nearly 50% off retail price.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Vandersteen 1C's for Free
55" Toshiba RPTV $350
Yamaha receiver -$10...got it with a Audio System for $40, but sold the turntable for $50 ;)

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
Been a steady upgrade the last few years.
First i got System audio speakers complete setup.
Last year i purchased a Marantz sr8002 for 25% off
This year i just got a Pioneer 500m plasma.
Also last year i got an Eastern Electric minimax tube cd player,love this thing.
I think i'm good to go for awhile.

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Vandersteen 1C's for Free
55" Toshiba RPTV $350
Yamaha receiver -$10...got it with a Audio System for $40, but sold the turntable for $50 ;)
That's nice. :)

Unfortunately I don't get good stuff for free. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I can't believe that Alex has posted here yet with all the stuff that he's gotten for free. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis