Best deal you ever had on a piece of HT gear

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I got a $300 Yamaha sub that looked (and performs) brand spankin new off CL for $40. Young kid ... prolly had no idea what he had.

F

Fenix

Audioholic
I got all of my audio equipment in my sig (speakers, sub, receiver, and cables) for $1900 OTD from Best Buy when it normally would have been ~$3,000.

I was quite happy for my first HT purchase.

htgeek

htgeek

Enthusiast
Got my Atlantic tech sub for $400 it was to big for customers cabinet retails at $1300. Bought my Onkyo PR-SC885 for $800 from work retails for $1400-1600. Got a 42" samsung plasma monitor for free, also a Onkyo stereo receiver for free guy thought it was dead , only had blown fuse. My 13 yr old has the sweetest set up in the neighborhood from all my freebies.

Last edited:
P

PBMax

Audioholic Intern
I got my system on a clearance from Ken Crane's at their warehouse back in 2005. Neither had boxes, but both were still in original wrap with remotes:

Denon AVR 4802 - retailed at release for $2,500 or so
Denon DVD-2900 - retailed at release for $995 or so

Got both pieces for $1,150 out the door. They've both been great, but just last week I upgraded to the Oppo BDP-83 and the 4802 is on the verge of finding a new home...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Vandersteen 2Ce towers, better than free. I payed $199 for a pair of 2Ce towers and a VCC-1 center. I had no use for the center speaker so I opted to put it up for sale. I got more than $199 for the center, so the Vandersteen 2Ce towers are better than free.:D

Let me know if you would like to hear more tales of deals, but I believe that the above is the best one yet.:)

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
It would be the Danley DTS-10 sub I just got. It is a kit and with shipping it was $1175 and when this sub is sold as a finished product it will be around $3000 so I think that is about the best deal I have gotten to date.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, unless you count Alex making $1k off a pair of speakers that he never actually had. :)
... not to mention winning $690 worth of these Intimus 5DB's:

I still need to listen to them unless somebody wants to make me an offer. :)
Jerry ... ??? :D

whoops! wrong pic!

... but I'll leave the other pic. Sex sells.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

I'll buy those if the picture is accurate!!! :D

EDIT: Oh, you changed it. Never mind...

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General

I might make an offer but would need to take them for a test drive first......:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I might make an offer but would need to take them for a test drive first......:D
You know ... in your listening/viewing space these would be perfect.
How much did I tell you I would put that wall and door up for?
A few more bucks and you get these babies delivered. ;)

Yeah, just think what those subs would sound like in a sealed room.
I mean that curtain is nice but ... :D :)

I'm almost ready to trade then for a coffee maker. :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, unless you count Alex making $1k off a pair of speakers that he never actually had. :)
I was talking about my own personal bests.;)

With my combined deals I've got Alex beat, by several laps.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a B70 Platinum warming up in the bullpen. Let's do this. :)
You'd have to sweeten the pot. :)

You do know that these are dipole/bipole, right? Just knowing what that means is huge in the audio world. Owning speakers that do both would make women drop there drawers as soon as they got on your block, never mind with in ear shot ... and within the line of sight ... well, you should probably be holding onto something for that. :D

I'm gonna need to solicit Greg to sell these for me ... but I don't want to let them go ... :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You'd have to sweeten the pot. :)
How about a Yamaha receiver? :)

...would make women drop there drawers as soon as they got on your block, never mind with in ear shot ... and within the line of sight ...
How is that going to help me? They already do that...my problem is that they don't do it HERE. :D

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got a B70 Platinum warming up in the bullpen.
I did that link think with your mentioned items. The coffee toy isn't really the object of my desire but ... well ... okay. I can let it carry that. The rec'r has a <$100 fleabay # attached to it and the nice 1015? ... <$200.

At the mention of the 1015 for < $200 and the 992 for < $100 you are probably like:

eeeeeffffffff - youuuuuuu !!!!!

Are you seriously interested in these or are you jerking my chain? :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Are you seriously interested in these or are you jerking my chain? :)
I'm jerking your chain. :eek: :) We both know that I'm giving that Yamaha away (I'm still disappointed that thread never got approved), so the value of it doesn't bother me one bit. Like pretty much everything that I have, it's worth more to me than I'd get selling it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis