Best deal you ever had on a piece of HT gear

D

docrings

Audiophyte
Garage Sale Finds:

Velodyne 12" subwoofer for $60 (new $600+?)

Pioneer VSX-514 5.1 surround receiver for $20. (new $275) Nice little entry-level family room A/V 5.1 DTS receiver. 1 Optical and 2 SPDIF inputs, as well as analog 5.1 inputs.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I picked up a Denon DRW-580 dual tape deck in perfect condition for $30 back in the mid 90's. New it was like $300 at the time.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Ha I got you all beat....

The best deal I got was on a pair of Paradigm Signature S8 .v3's ---- FREE !!!!!!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Ha I got you all beat....

The best deal I got was on a pair of Paradigm Signature S8 .v3's ---- FREE !!!!!!
No, see below.;):D I guess it's more opinion than fact. But my thought is that I was basically paid $100 to take these speakers from a retail space, and that's a tough deal to beat.:D

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=663023&postcount=25

Then again, Signature S8 V.3 for free is also not something everyone can say they got. However, I'm going to say that receiving gifts does not count. So if the speakers where a gift you didn't find a good deal, the deal came to you.:D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
No, see below.;):D I guess it's more opinion than fact. But my thought is that I was basically paid $100 to take these speakers from a retail space, and that's a tough deal to beat.:D

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=663023&postcount=25

Then again, Signature S8 V.3 for free is also not something everyone can say they got. However, I'm going to say that receiving gifts does not count. So if the speakers where a gift you didn't find a good deal, the deal came to you.:D
True true... :)

But I'm still not complaining

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I've done well on ebay for speakers.

Snell ICS-24mk3 sub: Retail: 2700-3200 Paid: $475:D:D

Wharfedale EVO2 50: Retail: 2600 Paid: $550:D:D

Wharfedale Opus Center: Retail: 1600 Paid: $375:D:D

All of these were new in box and never opened. I have other great deals on some used gear but these were the best. I'm no Greg Gable but I've done well.:rolleyes::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I I'm no Greg Gable but ...
... then again, who is? :)

You can try sending me some free stuff and see if your luck improves.
I'll send you a rag that I wiped my monkey with. That's gotta be lucky, right? :eek:

I know, I know ... that last remark was uncalled for. :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

A buddy of mine picked up a 10" Sunfire tru-sub for free in an office conference room they were clearing out due the business bankruptcy...

The tenents had broken their contract and the landlords told them to come in and if they were going to take anything, then take it all.

He did :)

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
A buddy of mine picked up a 10" Sunfire tru-sub for free in an office conference room they were clearing out due the business bankruptcy...

The tenents had broken their contract and the landlords told them to come in and if they were going to take anything, then take it all.

He did :)
Now that is sweet!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I've had a number of good deals over the years. Every now and then a free item pops up from a customer in an installation. A Denon DVD player, a touchpanel, an equipment rack.

But, the ones I'm really happy with are ones I paid for...

My 106" Ultimate Access V Draper Screen - over $4,000 retail, available around $3,000 online...
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/320552-REG/Draper_118291_118291_Ultimate_Access_Series_V.html

Shipped to my door for $700.

I followed up by getting a 161" version of the same thing for $300 shipped.

Second biggest score (or perhaps even bigger)...
Extron 16x8 RGBHV matrix switcher...
MSRP is about $12,000! Not joking! Online GSA pricing is about $9,500.
http://www.sigcom.net/gsaschedules/vendors/Extron LAN GSA Pricing 1-1-2002.pdf

I got it for $20. Paid $50 to have it shipped.

Otherwise, I am a dealer for several manufacturers so I always go after great promotions when available or clearances.

Got my Panasonic AE1000U projector for $250 with 25 hours on it because it was a demo model. Always a good thing!

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Had a friend with a MartinLogan Grotto 10" Sub just settin in storage. He bought it for little over $1000...sold it to me for $250. Not a scratch on it!

Hey i was happy!

H

Hrdluck13

Enthusiast
I haven't really had any great deals but I have passed a few on.

I hooked up my dad with a Viewsonic 42 inch plasma. I paid 3K for it years ago (what a rip off)..

My sister was burglarized so I hooked her up with a Sony LCD I had just bought..

Giving a good deal is just as good as receiving one sometimes..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis