Best deal you ever had on a piece of HT gear

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What is going on in this thread? SERIOUSLY, WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD? I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I can't say that I've ever really scored a deal on A/V gear. My brother did give me a JCPenney receiver and some Radio Shack bookshelf speakers. I sure wasn't complaining, but I don't know if that qualifies as a deal. :)

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
How about a old Mitsubishi WD 57-732 for free?
I know I did.... :cool:

But, needless to say, I had to do some work on it.... :D

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
How much did I tell you I would put that wall and door up for?

I think you said around a grand if I remember correctly. Maybe if I get a decent refund this year I will give you a shout.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How much did I tell you I would put that wall and door up for?

I think you said around a grand if I remember correctly. Maybe if I get a decent refund this year I will give you a shout.
I probably said that you should be prepared to spend a grand and then when it came in for less you would be good as opposed to being prepared to spend like $500 and then being completely freaked out by it being $750.

I have a shot at getting an Acoustic Research ARS 300 Subwoofer for $100 off Craigslist tonight. It wouldn't be my 'best' deal ever but it might be good for a lecture and a half about how money blah blah blah and how we don't have space yada yada yada.

Water to a duck. :D

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
About 2 months ago, I scored a "mint" VSX-45TX Pioneer Elite receiver with microphone and manual for $150 off of Craigslist.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Integra DTR-8.3 w/ original box for $100 on Craigslist.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
almost picked up a pair of Def Tech BP10s for $180, but he sold it to a friend before I could get out there and check them out. But I did get a pair of BP8s for $150, probably one of the better deals I got.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I passed on a set of B&W 601's for $20 last night cause he was a 1/2 hour away.....I am kicking myself now.......

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
My best grab is a tie. I picked up my Pioneer Elite SC-05 for $381 +tax and my Klipsch F-3s for $100 + tax.

Mike

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I passed on a set of B&W 601's for $20 last night cause he was a 1/2 hour away.....I am kicking myself now.......
No, you have mistaking kicking yourself for me kicking you. What where you thinking?

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I bought my energy C-500's for $299 CDN a pair on boxing day last year. I'm hoping I can get some hot boxing day sales this year too.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The two best deals I remember are:

1) A Yamaha HTiB system. List was around $750.00. I got it for filling out a bunch or surveys.
2) New JBL E20 speakers to replace the crapy speakers the HTiB came with. List was around $300 a pair. I baught 3 pair for $50 a pair.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis