Audyssey Editor App- With Screenshots!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pogre. Go to home theater shack and look through the REW help files. If you think your head is spinning now!!! Jk. It's really super useful. And the author of REW still(I think) post there.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre. Go to home theater shack and look through the REW help files. If you think your head is spinning now!!! Jk. It's really super useful. And the author of REW still(I think) post there.
I did that all afternoon yesterday. It helped and made things worse at the same time. I need some help with this. I'm about ready to give up on this poop.

*Edit: Check my post #40.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is, I think, where I have things messed up.

20170609_100208-1305x734.jpg

It acknowledges "1. HD Audio Stereo Input 1" is the Umik mic
"6. Display Audio Output 1.4" is my sub channel.
When I click "Check Levels" I get nothing. No tone or anything. When it was working earlier it would generate a tone but tell me it wasn't loud enough and to turn up the volume. I had it up as high as -10 with the walls rattling and it still told me to turn it up.
20170609_100229-1305x734.jpg

That's the ASIO Control Panel. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to select or deselect here. The red X beside "Audio Mic input" is new, I think. What I've been doing for the last hour is trying different selections to try to get it to work.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm kinda tied up for awhile but I'll offer this. Try it without asio. It just makes things confusing until you know what you're doin. Output device should be default. Try that for now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is what I get when I click "check Levels" .

20170609_101306-1305x734.jpg

A drop down appears underneath, but there's no signal being generated and nothing is being measured. Now, when I go to "Generator" and open "Levels" right beside it:

20170609_101534-1305x734.jpg

Before clicking play I chose pink noise, sub cal and output 4 (sub channel). It appears as though the mic is picking up background noise?

20170609_101611-1305x734.jpg

Now I hear a nice strong signal, but it's not registering on the level meter. wtf?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And select "subwoofer" to check levels.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like you don't have a calibration selected. It should be the cal file for your mic.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm kinda tied up for awhile but I'll offer this. Try it without asio. It just makes things confusing until you know what you're doin. Output device should be default. Try that for now.
Liam, that might be my whole issue. I followed a guide on MiniDSP's site on how to get everything going with HDMI. As far as I know, ASIO might be completely unnecessary.

STUPID RABBIT HOLE!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like you don't have a calibration selected. It should be the cal file for your mic.
I have the cal file uploaded. it asked me to do that right off. I think that box is for loop back or calibrating the sound card or something. When I clicked it, it said I already have a file.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And select "subwoofer" to check levels.
Some progress...

20170609_103643-1305x734.jpg

At least it can hear the speakers now when I pull up the level meter. I can only choose left, right or both right at the moment. I'm not using ASIO this time. It's already coming across as being simpler.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I've never used asio, but it might have benefits for uber users etc. my cal file does show up in the cal box. You're right though,(and Peng I think also said.)the loopback thing is for using the 3.5.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, did you use the AVR to run Audyssey and use the Editor app to edit/make changes only? That was my understanding but in reading your post, I got the impression that you are actually using the app to run Audyssey and then load the results into the AVR after. I hope that is not the case.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Are you sure? It shouldn't show up there, but if you click on the tab "Mic/Meter", the cal file should show up on that page. If not, press browse to locate and select it.
Pretty sure. When i first plug the mic in it asks me if I want to use the cal file and I select yes. Then if I open preferences it shows up in the calibration window. I won't be able to verify for a few days but I will double check. I'd hate to point anybody in the wrong direction.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, did you use the AVR to run Audyssey and use the Editor app to edit/make changes only? That was my understanding but in reading your post, I got the impression that you are actually using the app to run Audyssey and then load the results into the AVR after. I hope that is not the case.
I used the app to run Audyssey, turned off all the midrange compensation, then uploaded that to my avr. I hope that's not wrong? I made no other adjustments to anything except for turning the compensation off.

That being said, I've been a busy beaver. I got a full set of measurements (I think) and uploaded everything. I saved files that can be clicked by someone else using rew to upload my measurements too... I think.

I'm going to upload all the images in this post. I'm just adding them as attachments since there are a dozen or so. Here goes!

Attachments

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Would only let me do 10 in one post. here are the rest. The one titled "Overlay" is 2 separate measurements. I can't attach the files for my REW saves here, it won't let me.

Well guys, that's what I have so far. How'd I do?

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@PENG, I can retake measurements with Audyssey and not use the app if that's better. I assumed I would get the same results either way. Like I said, I didn't do a bunch of tweaking or anything. I just turned off midrange compensation and uploaded the otherwise virgin file.

I know enough now to take repeated measurements in both stereo and 5.1. I know how to do a full range sweep and how to isolate frequencies for smaller sweeps.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty sure. When i first plug the mic in it asks me if I want to use the cal file and I select yes. Then if I open preferences it shows up in the calibration window. I won't be able to verify for a few days but I will double check. I'd hate to point anybody in the wrong direction.
I thought that page is for sound card. The cal file for the mic should be on the tab mic/meter. I did check after and can confirm that's how mine work, please double check yours.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought that page is for sound card. The cal file for the mic should be on the tab mic/meter. I did check after and can confirm that's how mine work, please double check yours.
PENG! Help..? :confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis