S

Solid-State

Banned
since i got all you amp experts out there, let me know if these specs are any decent. So far this is my next move if it gets the ah stamp of approval, or can i do better?

General information

• output stage: 21000 w
• output devices: 84 motorola 250 watt hi-speed
• output power (all ratings): 20-20khz @ <.10% distortion, (typically .009%)
• multi-channel mode/perch: 490w - 8 ohm, 820w - 4 ohm, 1280w – 2 ohm
• mono mode/per ch: 1640w – 8 ohm/bridged, 2560w – 4 ohm/bridged
• dynamic headroom: 3.50db (4 or 8 ohm) over 900w peaks
• signal/noise ratio: > -130db unweighted (ref-rated power)
• damping factor: > 1,100 @ 20hz, > 1,000 @ 1 khz
• power supply energy rating: > 1,300 joules
• intermodulation distortion: Less than .03% (rated output)
• tim distortion: Less than .01% (rated output)
• frequency response: ±.1db 20-20khz, +0,-3db 3-175khz (10w)
• channel balance: Within .1db between any two channels
• channel separation: > 85 db, risetime: > 70v/ms
• peak current: 135 amps/channel (.5 ohm, 10m/s, 1 pulse)
• input sensitivity: 2v @ rated output (selectable 1v, 1.5v, 2v)
• input impedance: Balanced-15k ohm, unbalanced-30k ohm
• operating voltage: 100-120/220-240vac 50/60 hz (factory wired)
• power consumption: Nominal - 2,700w, test conditions - 5,550w
• dimensions: 19.0” w x 8.75” h x 15.5” d
• recommended a/c service: 20/30amp@ 100-120vac, 20amp@ 220-240vac
• weight: 76lbs
specs look great to me.

Not sure if it is an improvement over your current amps in terms of sq, though.

What is it and how much is it?
i know you love those ati amps as i love my cinepro, but these custom built amps - ab systems cinema series amplifiers | avforums.com - uk online - page 15 got me thinking. Just scroll down on page for pricing and pictures. It's page 15 but you can start at page one if it interests you. Since you like everything custom build i thought it might catch you eye. I am still a cinepro man and always will be, i think. On pricing bob will work with you.
seems overpriced. And are there any 3rd party measurements like stereophile, soundstage, htm, etc?

I say stick with your cinepro. :d
i think you're right i'll stick with my cinepro. It's that 50% off retail that got me thinking.
those cinepro are monster american muscle amps. I just don't think getting any other amps will improve upon them. I really don't.
what's taking so long?
← Regarding BANNING ME

i'm sorry for flying off the handle on here audioholics!

I just can't believe it when i give such honest advice that's really hard to find in this hobby and then the two guys there, it wasn't you acudef, turn around and start insulting me saying i'm on drugs. Then when i question what i was wrong about in my statement the guy turns around and says everything i was saying was right!

Well what is it... Am i on drugs and deserve insults or what... Or am i right and i do perhaps know what i'm talking about...

Again i'm sorry for flying off the handle but again i'm being provoked.

Why? What's in it for these people flies on the wall... What motive could they possible have to provoke, anger and then get removed from the forums some one like me...

I'll tell you... They sell the bs product directly and indirectly and they don't want someone like me on here spilling the beans...

Like your cinepro pall accudef that won't buy anything else but turns his nose up when looking at the ab version.... Of the same figging amp!

Omg

and then he's paying like double to that cinepro guy when bob is selling them at "50%" off!!!

Hahahah

what a joke!

And i'm the insider here spilling the beans to help you guys yet...

I'm **** on... And by who flies on the wall...

Think about it

ps their motive is more than nepotism i'll tell you that!
i don't know what you paid and it's none of my business. The point is it's the same product.

That's the point i was trying to make.

I'm just sick of watching for years middle men nail rich cats big bucks over and over again with turntables and other bs audio products. Then when those kinds of guys get into their own label they simply stencil it and then make outrageous claims like they actually engineered the piece.

I'm not saying any names in particular here either ok cinepro guy! Etc

i'm just sick of watching this from the sidelines... It's

dishonest

and you can argue people can spend what ever they want on anything but man... When you walk into someones world and nail them over say... 500% margin... Your a a-hole scammer!!!

I've watched these guys and personally know some. They are slicker than **** in an ice flow man... And can convince a wealthy intelligent educated man (liberal arts) of complete bs.

And the thing that kills me... The customers actually think the boutique audio sales guy is their friend!!!!

Hahahah

he just bought his 16 year old daughter a bloody toyota corolla on the deal dewwwddd!!!!
let me put it this way, the oem for cinepro speakers has been a personal friend of mine for many years. The 15k cinepro amp cost me $3800.-- if i want it. Bob and i from ab have been dealing amps for about ten years. Yes he used to be the oem, but not any more. The new cinepro amps are not made by bob, trust me.
ok so your an insider... Just like i thought...

You know the game!

You do then understand my comments perhaps !?!

Yeah they are not made by bob but it's his original design. So what's the difference if cinepro gets say... Ati to build/assemble the pcb/units work.

It's the same product anyway you look at it less the different caps and perhaps layout changes and tweaks. It's bob's design.

You and acudef both showed the links at the avforum regarding that english guy's posts about the "custom to order" ab amp. You're close with acudef didn't you tell him it's the same product? I know you didn't mention it publicly... Then acudef says something like i don't trust it do you have measurements? I'd stick with cinepro over that... Blahh blahh you both carried on a conversation about it and then both pointed away from bob's deal and gave the flies on the wall the idea the cinepro and or ati was better... "i don't trust it"

i could be totally off here and have the wrong idea or read it wrong but seriously...

What games are you guys playing here ehh?
classy bunch

S

Solid-State

Banned
can't argue with this on that one. If you buy the oem's speakers they retail for 1/4 of price of cinepro speakers. It's all in marketing my friend. He sells more cinepros then his own brand and they are both the same. He also makes some mean subs, used to be oem for velodyne till they moved to china.
walter,

when you had the conversation with acudef were you aware of the db and cinepro being the same product essentially!

You just admitted it didn't you!

so your two's comments and conversation were totally disingenuous and dishonest.

well at least one side of the conversation was right... I dunno if acudef there is even smart enough with electronics to spot it as he didn't even seem to realize it's the same unit...

Lol

what is your connection to cinepro walter?

Imho using different caps and older board revisions with different back plate connectors doesn't warrent the claim you engineered the piece and claiming so on a corp site is dishonest ihmo. Despite how ugly your purple and gold badge is!

Hahah
it's really not my place to bring this information out to the public. I am very close the company and i do not promote it or recommend it. They do very well with out me. You never see me recommending my speakers or any cinepro products. I am also close to this home company, tell me what you think.
well the reason i said it's better than his current 990 and not "everything else" is because i don't want to get into a fight with guys like you coming on here with their 2 cents...

And then usually insulting me...

Like you've indirectly done by calling me ignorant or saying i called others ignorant. I didn't use those words specifically so don't put words in my mouth.

I refuse to engage in that anymore! Believe what you will fuzz092888.

I'm not here to teach electronic design to guys like you!

No offense

jinjuku when you look at the pricing for those products you mention you can only conclude more that kingwa's piece is a hell of a deal. He could ask four times the price if he found the right slicker than sh|t in an iceflow na or eu distro channels. But he doesn't ... And you know why?

because mr. He qinghua is an honest man

and a friggin rarity in this horribly dishonest industry....
i am almost certain, i gave away more equipment (for free to friends and ah members) that you will ever own in your lifetime. I try to help people get the best deals without making a profit. Money i don't need, i have. The only scammer here is you. We're all a little tired of your bull and mr. Noriyuki's what ever your pushing. You must be a kid, what are you about 16. You know what your problem is " you judge people based upon your own character" we are not like you. And you insult adfg on his choices of equipment, he can buy and sell you all day long. His system is probably worth more then your whole net worth, if you have any at all. Good night??
then explain why you played stupid about the cinepro and ab 6500se being the same product when you knew very well it was the same yet you didn't mention this to acudef when he suggestion the product shouldn't be trusted because of lack of "measurements" and that you should stick with cinepro. You had more than ample opportunity to come clean yet you chose not to.

Or is it collusion (i don't think so i just think acudef couldn't tell the two units were the same)

hmmm....

You also were the one to post the orginal href to the avforum site with the thread regarding ab "custom to order" home theater amps. Why did you do this and in the initial post why no mention of it being the same as your beloved cinepro...

Hmmm....

I don't doubt your a nice guy and have given away product!

I also help people find the best deals... And you know what! I do it without any financial interest nor a single suggestion in my line card... And you know what! I don't have a line card!

Do you!

I have been brunt in questioning people knowledge and i do admit a hint of crass cynicism but at no point did i result to personal insults such as you lot!

Ps if i am 16 you lot should all be embarrassed because it appears i have better knowledge than somebody in distro/channel/retail for this gear for many decades

hahaha
first, are you actually calling professional people like us pharmacists & engineers "half a brain"?:d

and what degree and profession do you hold that puts you in the "full brain" category? :d

second, both walter & i agreed that he should stick with his great cinepro amps.

Third, we really just don't care for this kind of talk, man. We are just a bunch of guys who work hard for a living (or retired :d), and we just want to casually shoot the breeze for fun. Nothing more. Just run. Let's keep it fun. Point of being on this forum. Fun.

We seem to disagree with you on the topic of using dedicated pre-amps vs avr. Or something like that. Don't even know anymore. :d

fyi, for some years, i owned three acurus class-a analog preamps & 3 acurus 200x3 amps. Been there done it. I also own the $7500 denon avp-a1hdci and $5500 denon avr-5308ci. Been there done it.

So don't make fun of my $1500 avr-990. It's not exactly cheap stuff, man. :d
because i have class.
go ahead solid-state, start with grant, he'll tear you to pieces. Make you look like a schoolboy. My money is on grant all day long. We listen to and respect grant, not a pork jerky like you. Btw cinepro has not been made by ab for many years, after eric died it was over. Mike powells (verastarr - home) tried to take over cinepro, but did not succeed. Yes, bob was the oem for verastarr also.

classy bunch

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
SEMANTICS!

Is that all you got!

BTW audio stream encoder bit depth (they mean the same thing buddy) isn't a design consideration!

You're just arguing with me for the sake of it now... trying to INCITE!
I'm sorry for being so stupid.

Okay, so what about my question regarding audible differences of distortion levels at -80db and below? Are you asserting that these distortions result in audible differences?

S

Solid-State

Banned
ok this guys post...

Why not tell him it's bs and that the emotiva amp is the same as the ati!

Ok if it's better (the ati) i want measurments blah blah and a reason why it's better.

Praytel why wasn't this tone taken with him?

There is a hell of a lot less acoustic difference between that emo amp and the ati than a box store denon avr's converter and line driver compared to kingwas product!

Why not attack on the assertion the ati is better than the emo?

I have read posts by some of you that claim all amps are the same just like this bs claim regarding converters and line drive stages etc.

Owhh

i bet it's because there is some sorta economic reason like a finders fee/cut. Does cinepro give you a finders fee walter?

Classy

ps acudef i want to hear an explanation why the ati is better than the emo and i want it with measurements!

Touché!
I want you lot to answer this!

Last edited:
S

Solid-State

Banned
I'm sorry for being so stupid.

Okay, so what about my question regarding audible differences of distortion levels at -80db and below? Are you asserting that these distortions result in audible differences?
I didn't say your stupid Irvrobinson!

You guys seriously operate like Fox News you know that!

The way you question people and the way you operate...

JUST LIKE FOX NEWS

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If we're Fox news, then I guess that would make you.........Steven Colbert?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I'm very interested in purchasing Bob's home theater amps. I think I'll give him a call on Monday and I'll also see if he's willing to share what happened with Cinepro etc. and who you guys are. (particularly you Walter) I can only imagine how pleased Bob is they have someone else manufacturing HIS DESIGN prob with no royalties etc as well right...
I am not so sure if it is Bob's design. He is not the original owner of AB. I am not sure how long ago he did take over the company. Maybe 12-15 years ago.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Again, not sure what those quotes are supposed to prove. If that's all the proof you have for this so called "astroturfing" then you're way off base

That is your OPINION, backed up by ZERO FACTUAL EVIDENCE. Thereby making all comments you have made about them being dishonest, slanderous and inaccurate.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't say your stupid Irvrobinson!

You guys seriously operate like Fox News you know that!

The way you question people and the way you operate...

JUST LIKE FOX NEWS
I don't know what you're talking about. I was sarcastically responding to your allusion that my mention of bit depth was, if I may, a weak rebuttal.

As for why choose ATI over, say, Emotiva... I examined one of their amps and liked the build quality, the parts quality, the price-performance ratio, ATI's customer service people, the fully balanced topology of the amp, and the fact that it is dead silent through the tweeters at idle (my previous amps weren't). I'm also the owner of an Emotiva CD player, and while it is a great value for the money I'm less than thrilled with it. After extended use I think Emotiva made some choices which I think were not so hot, and they make me wonder what choices they made that I won't like in their amps. Finally, in the AH review of the XPA-2 Gene measured higher distortion at low signal levels than he had with the previous generation product, and Gene also mentioned that he felt his reference amp sounded subjectively better. Given all of that, and the fact that I could easily afford the ATI amp, I decided to take a chance on ATI rather than Emotiva.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Why not tell him it's BS and that the Emotiva amp is the same as the ATI!
What's B.S.? The 7 year warranty? The Made-in-USA label? The aesthetics? How does one measure these things? No one is making claims of sonic improvements.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I'll give him a call on Monday and I'll also see if he's willing to share what happened with Cinepro etc. and who you guys are. (particularly you Walter)
He's a chef that likes loud music. Not very mysterious but see what kind of crazy insider conspiracy theory you can spin that into ... just be sure to make it sound angry and insulting. I'll be back around to drag you to red chicklet hell.

S

Solid-State

Banned
I don't know what you're talking about. I was sarcastically responding to your allusion that my mention of bit depth was, if I may, a weak rebuttal.

As for why choose ATI over, say, Emotiva... I examined one of their amps and liked the build quality, the parts quality, the price-performance ratio, ATI's customer service people, the fully balanced topology of the amp, and the fact that it is dead silent through the tweeters at idle (my previous amps weren't). I'm also the owner of an Emotiva CD player, and while it is a great value for the money I'm less than thrilled with it. After extended use I think Emotiva made some choices which I think were not so hot, and they make me wonder what choices they made that I won't like in their amps. Finally, in the AH review of the XPA-2 Gene measured higher distortion at low signal levels than he had with the previous generation product, and Gene also mentioned that he felt his reference amp sounded subjectively better. Given all of that, and the fact that I could easily afford the ATI amp, I decided to take a chance on ATI rather than Emotiva.
The reason you feel the way you do about that CD player is the CONVERTER, IT'S CONFIGURATION/software/microcode and the line driver!

If what you guys say is true about AVR-990 converters etc and converters and line drivers are all basically the SAME...

THEN EXPLAIN WHY YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU DO ABOUT THE EMO CD PLAYER!

Is it in your head! Placebo!

I THINK NOT

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Taking a break

I am going to take a break today. Get me some beer and enjoy my little system. This is just plain crazy.. don't even make any sense anymore. From ATI 2000 amps to this, wow.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The reason you feel the way you do about that CD player is the CONVERTER, IT'S CONFIGURATION/software/microcode and the line driver!

If what you guys say is true about AVR-990 converters etc and converters and line drivers are all basically the SAME...

I THINK NOT
Before jumping to conclusions and yelling at adults, get your facts straight

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/858635-post12.html

jinjuku

jinjuku

I THINK NOT
SS, your question was asked and answered. Irv gave all the details needed to make HIS purchase decision.

MOVE ALONG.

BTW the ONLY amp I have that has zero audible hiss through my ribbons is, wait for it... $179 close out Crown XLS402D.

Not my Adcom
Not my Parasound
Not my Carver

A $179 EOL Crown. And it's the amp in the stack and it's staying there. If you can make it to this July's tent party at Parts Express in Dayton/Springboro Ohio I would love a blind shoot off of the Pre you love vs my EMU 1212M.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis